Reviews for What Brothers Do
lanternheart chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
I love this even more then I did Sam's POV. (Yes, I read this after. Don't shoot me. *grins at irony*)

I really want a sequal to these, but I'm not sure how you would g

go about that. Crap.

I saw that flicker again, this time matched by a look I knew was Sam at his maddest...kind of blank, but with fire in his eyes. Oh, he was pissed.

He was going to do it.

This is my favorite part. I'm not sure why, it just is. :D
Scorpion Lyra chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
THANK YOU for that.

I know it's been a while since Asylum was first aired and since you've written this, but anyway.

I really love ficwritter who UNDERSTAND the show. The Dean's POV was very well done and very Dean. And I realy appreciate how, unlike other writters, you don't pin the whole asylum thing on Sam but show that both of them are to blame and that the whole "because of the power of love and sheer force of will I won't be posessed anymore" it's way cheesy (even though the show totally used it with John when he was posessed by the YED in the 1st season finale)

Very good fic!
Siriel the treelady chapter 1 . 10/18/2007
This is good, but a little long. The ending was great - the explanation that, no, Sam shooting him isn't the end of the world. The acceptance that "if you're possessed, you're possessed" and you can't control what happens. And the last line is so funny - classic Dean.

That said, the first part of this was too much like a transcript of part of the episode, not really saying anything new. Be careful of that.

One last thing... Dean's words "he doesn't know the whole story" - what is he referring to? Some thing that gets revealed later in the series? Or another story idea of yours? If so, you should totally write it.
04238 chapter 1 . 11/17/2006
Different from any other 'Asylum' fic I've read. But I liked it! Keep up the good work. -Nura.
fortuna18 chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
i like it...very dean/sam
angel679 chapter 1 . 8/14/2006
Excellent story there were so many lines I loved but here are my three favorite.

"Forget homicidal, Sammy has enough issues to make him go nuclear."

"What're you going to do, Sam?" I responded. "Gun's filled with rock salt. It's not going to kill me."

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have baited him."

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have baited him."

It was really a great story.
Red Hardy chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
YAY! A fic that doesn't include little sisters and/or female sidekicks! That's a plus all by itself, lemme tell ya!

Your summary piqued my interest and I'm very glad I read this one! You do a GREAT first person POV, which is most definitely not as easy as one might think. And a great big THANK YOU for keeping Dean so totally in character! You nailed his speech, his mannerisms, his personality... everything!

I really liked seeing a posessed Sam (sorta posessed Sam?) through Dean's eyes and in his words. The way he was able to figure out Ellicot had gotten to Sam, how he knew Sam wasn't totally responsible for what he was saying... and a HUGE thank you for NOT having Dean be totally crushed and devastated at what Sam said to him while under Ellicot's influence!

My favorite part... the little reference to the shrtriga and Something Wicked episode! Completely and totally LOVED IT! :D

Thanks for a great read!
Misfit Writer chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Wow, that was awesome. I love the whole thing, but especially the end. I love that you mentioned the police officer who killed his wife, and relating that to Dean's reaction to the things that Sam did and said. The ending line cracked me up. I loved it. This is the best out of any of the Asylum POV stories that I've read.
Sparrow Lover chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
To the lovely ShaedowCat,

Thank you, thank you! This story was bloody brilliant! Even better than the preview you showed me! The emphasis on "bitch" was classic Dean...and everything was definitely in his nature and voice. I still loved the ending and there were tons of one-liners that could have come straight from the show itself. Kudos! Aw, heck, here's a whole bag of cookies, munch away ;)
Caila17 chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
well that was a bit of a different take on the Asylum thing, and probably one of the better ones that i've read. i thought you got Dean down to a tee, especially the end line, that cracked me up!
Anora chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
X) oh my gosh, so good. I love your point of view with Dean :)
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Absolutely fabulous! One of the best "Asylum" takes I have read, period. You put it down to its simplest terms - Dean knew what he was getting into and handled it the best way he could, and the whole "I love my brother too much to succumb to the mad doctor" was not going to work for Sammy. Sometimes there are no deus ex machina endings (hallelujah!) And neither brother hates the other or feels betrayed byt his actions, even though neither is jumping for joy, either. Raw and honest and real. Perfect.
talon81 chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
wow that was a great take on it! I never did like how they ended it with out working it out, and this makes that nagging feeling a little better! great job! :)
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
This was very good, I like the perspective you wrote it in and since it mirrored the action on the show I could visualize it too.

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have baited him. (Priceless, perfect end to the paragraph)
Spuffyshipper chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Good story.I'd like to think that really happened in your other stories!