Reviews for From Bottom to Surface
3lueVains chapter 41 . 7/25/2014
I spent all night reading your story and I don't regret any second. It's a story with a considered plot, great development of chcracters (Lisa and Jackson felt natural and real) and with an idea. That is not just an adventure story, you write about emotions in very simple, clear way but not without a depth in it. You managed not to turn it into a pretense drama, it felt real to the very end.
With the last chapter I was left with bittersweet taste, a little sad and a litte happy. Like Lisa, I already felt longing.
It was a wonderful journey and I wanted to thank you for that, for all the work you put in this, your patience and imagination.
BV
Ps. I'm doing my best writting in English:)
masterdisk chapter 41 . 4/15/2014
awesome ending!
I really enjoyed reading this fic! ;D
Guest chapter 34 . 12/23/2012
This is really really really good! wow
HollyTheTerrible chapter 41 . 10/19/2012
Amazing. Wow. Really loved this story a lot. It kept me completely intrigued and was a great depiction of these two characters. Especially, how you wrote Lisa. That made me very happy. I even enjoy how you ended this, it leaves things open and not final, which lets my imagination run wild with possibilities. So thank you for writing this, it was a fun read.
sharpestsatire chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
THIS WAS AMAZING! I stayed up really really late to read it. (As in 3 or 5 in the morning.) The ending is amazing too, of course, although... I don't suppose you'd want to write a sequel? After a set up like that?
amyjpond chapter 41 . 8/9/2012
absolutely brilliant! I couldn't have asked for a better read.
amyjpond chapter 9 . 8/9/2012
It's almost 5am here and I can't stop (this is what I get for rewatching Red Eye at two in the morning)! The way how you write dialogue is so well spoken and in-character I must congratulate you! Ahh, so hooked! And now on to chapter ten..
Nectar-Ambrosia chapter 41 . 7/19/2012
*choke* Yup, I think I may or may not be tearing up. This is BEAUTIFUL and I love the hint of suggestion in your epilogue. I actually stayed up until, like, 2:30 freaking AM last night to finish this story, and now I'm just polishing up on reviews (Because this deserves a lot more. And then some more after that. And then even more.)

Okay, so I gotta say, my favorite part was probably Lisa and Jackson's verbal sparring in Keefe's custody, and her period of stay with him and the interviewers. Whoa, I mean, you write your few OCs so well (I loved Cherry, and Forbish and Laritt felt very complex and well developed) and all, plus that was a really intense period in the story. *shivers* I do love how you write so much intimacy from two people without much physical contact, declarations of the word "love" even once (probably my favorite thing, actually), or long annoying gushy paragraphs describing the color of Jackson's eyes, Lisa's tormented soul, etc.

This is...like, I mean, this is sickeningly good. Oh, and you wrote Middle Ground? Gasp! I read that a while ago and loved how disgustingly spot-on with the characterizations you were...I didn't know you had written anything else! Okay, now right to your profile for more goodness...
Nectar-Ambrosia chapter 40 . 7/19/2012
This is such a beautiful story. You've created a very believable yet exciting circumstance for these two characters to really have quality intimacy, without a shred of physical contact necessary (though it doesn't hurt either). I love how I can actually hear Cillian or Rachel saying their lines when I read your Lisa and Jackson dialogue, because it's SO FREAKING realistic. Wow, all I can say is that boy, is this ending bittersweet or what. But it's still beautiful, and I have a feeling it's going to be one of those stories that end up staying with me for a long time. Also, I'm sad that the last chapter is approaching.

Another thing I wanted to tell you was how hooked I was from chapter one. Me being a terrible person, I'll often open up a Red Eye fic in anticipation, only to get annoyed at all the slow expos and leave. I know, I'm a jerk. But your story (appeals to jerks!) really caught me in the beginning with its light tone, serious undertone, seductively spot-on characterizations, and no shortage of interesting occurrences. Every little detail forwarded the story, every tidbit of conversation furthered character advancement/plot, and basically I could not find a single English character wasted. This is so good, I'm going to cry when it's over gaahhh...
Nectar-Ambrosia chapter 27 . 7/18/2012
Whoa, this chapters gave me shivers. (Again, dem characterizations!)
Nectar-Ambrosia chapter 24 . 7/18/2012
That was a really powerful chapter, and wow, Lisa is really developing, and fast, and believable, and totally admirable, and yet still relatable. I think it's quite amazing what you've done with this story...and oh boy, your Forbish is perfectly characterized. You have a great touch with truly understanding your characters and keeping their actions, dialogue, and pace flowing at pretty much that optimal speed, with just the right amounts of tension, then relief, then back again. I'm so awed I can't even convey it.
Nectar-Ambrosia chapter 16 . 7/18/2012
WOW. So much delectable tension going around here...oh my goodness. I can't handle this. Keefe is such a politician here, you got that great. Even Joe is so believable! Wow, I love how you've really used your movie characters to their best advantage, and used sparing but true quality OCs. That Cherry seems to be a juicy good one. GREAT Jackson and Lisa characterizations as always...it seems repetitive, but that's what charms me the most. I mean, that's why I read Red Eye fanfics...for them! And once again, they're so spot on it hurts.
Nectar-Ambrosia chapter 11 . 7/18/2012
DAMN. Amazing. Whaaaa, I love the way you write Jackson and Lisa, did I mention that before? Especially Jackson...and oh, what the heck, especially Lisa too. They're so perfect! On a more serious and coherent note, I do salute your amped-up Jackson-flirting at the club; very appropriate, very realistic, and totally delicious to read. Lisa's reactions are priceless, gosh. Okay, so your story is amazing. And I'm...oh dear. I think I'm drooling.
Nectar-Ambrosia chapter 9 . 7/18/2012
All right, so I kind of decided to myself I wouldn't review this again, for the sake of my reading time and my being an asshole who enjoys nice things selfishly. But your Jackson is disgustingly in character, repulsively clever, and gratingly charming and in charge, just like on the flight. Wow, I don't actually know how you do it. He's so PERFECT I can actually believe this to be a formidable, possible, and right now, completely addicting sequel to the movie. Sooo, if you don't hear another spaz-impressed! review for a while, this is kind of my new favorite post-movie story. Squeal!
Nectar-Ambrosia chapter 8 . 7/18/2012
Okay, your characterization of Jackson is great. Like, I might not say this every chapter, but DAYUM girl, you nailed him, dialogue, gestures, and even timing (how do you even do that in a written story, huh? Huh?) perfectly. Outstanding. *wink*