Reviews for On Being Reduced to Instinct
kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
XD WIN! horses autobots AWESOME!
Ell Bee Someone Else Now chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
One of the many, many things I adore about this fic is that the horse's instincts (as well as the horse's afts) are so truly depicted. If you could get into the mind of a horse, this is what you would find.

Except ... well, I shan't spoil it for someone who hasn't read it yet. A truly delicious fic.
Trickster91 chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
You just put the two things I love the most into this story. Horses and Transformers!

I take it Mirage is either an Arabian or alke theke (or however you spell it)

Prowl sounds like an Arabian. The twins are either thoroughbreds or standardbreds. Is Optimus some kind of draft horse?

Very well done. I loved it.
Flight of Insanity chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
Very cool story! Definately unique, and I like the insight it gives the Autobots on family, and life, and all that organic jazz. :)
Nitrostreak chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Amazing. Simply amazing. You beautifully captured the majesty of the horse, while simultaneously producing a suspenseful story that I just lost an hour and a half of sleep to. I simply could not stop reading. I cannot believe how perfectly you described every tiny detail of the wind and the smells. I felt like I could really get inside of Mirage's equestrian mind. I love it. Bravo!

A silly idea, yes, but a brilliant piece non-the-less!
Diinya-chan chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
This is so wonderful! I love it! :)
Zanzizarr chapter 1 . 10/25/2009

...

HOLY SLAGGIN PRIMUS, WAS THIS AMAZING!

I have not EVER seen a horse/TF fic, but I know now I'll never read another one as good as this! You got everything correct, it was perfect and beautiful and just EPIC! D

Prowl and Mirage have gotta be Arabians or Morgans. And, I never even thought of the Decepticons, but you put them in perfectly! Gah, I love love love this fic.
Uniasus chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
I have to say, I'm impressed. Turning the Autobots into horses and making it work takes a lot of practice. I'm a bit disappointed that Mirage doesn't seem to remember all that happened (and I gather the rest of them don't either) because I feel what he learned could totally apply to his cybertronian life. Not to mention he would always have that mental image of a playful Ratchet.
Ha-Hee Prime chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
A good friend recommended this to me, and I tried it with one eyebrow definitely raised.

And came out on the other side full of respect. Well done. Well done indeed. Smooth, visual, even sensual writing, in the older meaning of that word. I appreciated the understanding and use of the different breeds of horses. And Mirage's character journey was very thought-provoking and satisfying. I loved that it all dissolved into a kind of dream. (Ah, Mirage... you and your dreams!)

I am very glad to have read this. I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for being brave enough to write and post it!
gypsywriter135 chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
So, I absolutely LOVE what you did here! It was totally creative and original!

Though, I do have a few questions. You might have mentioned them, but I don't remember, lol. It actually has to do with the breeds of horse. (I'm a horesy person, so this story was right up my alley! :D ) What breeds are Optimus and Mirage? I'm thinking, from the way you described him, that Prowl is an Arabian, plus the color suits him. And I'm guessing that the twins, from what you said and the way they were acting and what-not, are Thoroughbreds...? But I just can't seem to figure out what Optimus and Mirage are! (Like I said, you might have said something, but I don't remember, lol.)

Still, this was awesome!
Raynez chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
I love the story! coming from a horse oriented person you did wonderful with your descriptions. Love it!

xD
Ruinedbloodshed chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
Wow! Transformers AND horses? My two favorite things in the world! I love how you made them look like real horses and not their "wacky" robot colors. You did an amazing job on a story that I'm sure could be difficult to write at times. What with no spoken dialog. My hat's off to you! Amazing job!
Trapped in Reality chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
I just love your writing. It's so vivid, and the last scene was so adrenaline packed! I was literally on the edge of my seat reading it, encouraging Mirage on!
TransFlashbacks on Deviantart chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
Sometimes, authors simply atound me. I found your art on , and decided to read this. Simply stunning!

This whole interpretation is brilliantly done. From Mirage dealing with "primal needs" to isntincts, to not being able to speak. The horse colors and breeds that you chose for them all was very good, as well. Prowl was an Arabian, I suppose?

When I first read the introduction of the wolves, it was one of those "Oh no" moments. And then with the twins... I was sure that they were goners more than once!

It was that very, very, very end though. I half-wanted to stop reading because I was so sure that something awful was going to happen! What a fantastic way to end an exciting and rather addictive story!
April Raven Girl chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
I cannot thank you enough for writing this wonderful fic. This is easily the most original story I've ever read, in any genre. Your knowledge and love of horses, as well as TFs, showed through in every line. The characters' personalities came through wonderfully in their horse forms, and I was on the edge of my seat during the final scene. And that Mirage finally understood, and then could not recall, was just sad beyond words. Again, a wonderful job. I absolutely loved this!
60 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »