Reviews for On Being Reduced to Instinct
jigsaws231 chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Easily the most original Transformers story I've ever read. The notion seems so ridiculous at first, but you write it so completely and so well and with such a plausible reason for the change that it turns into a story without equal. One of my favorite stories, along with your 'A Most Reluctant Noah' - which I left a hideously incoherent review for. My apologies for that.
Em chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
;_;

I was crying by the end of this. Although it was very realistic in how it dealt with the dangers of being organic without medical attention, it still made me heartsick when the twins ended up in such horrific condition. Makes you wonder if it had any longterm affect on their getting injured so often, as they could have seriously died. (Then again, being the twins ...)

For some reason, the imagery of Prowl was really powerful. At least for me, and especially when it was coupled with the huge hulking presence of Optimus Prime.

Plus points for me! I recognized Megatron immediately! :D

I especially loved Rachet. Poor mech, having to look after everyone and being so helpless to fix anything.

It was kinda neat to see everyone's 'base personality' without inhibitions. Mirage, especially, seems well stocked with those nasty 'inhibition' things. He goes from being a decent POV character to being obnoxious when he regains his body.

Over all, a delightful read, even if it was horrifically sad at the end (for me).
ArmoredSoul chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
Wow.

Just...

WOW.

Beautifully interpreted, exquisitely written, one of the most amazing concepts I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

Simply fantastic.

One word: SEQUEL.
vigoreyes chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
I do not even know where to start.

Perhaps, by saying thank you to you for writing such deep and beautiful story.

Characters' personalities are canon, the description of their conditions and their interactions with their surroundings are very natural and smoothly written. The physical changing that happend to every character is very befitting to its personality.

The story teaches us never to give up, no matter how bad the situation looks like. The compassion the Autobots have for one another is very solid, no matter how much their basic animal instinct is trying to make them turn their back to their comrades to save themselves.

I consider myself very lucky to have the chance to read this story.

viggy
MCat711 chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
Always a personal fave of mine. And very...inspiring. ;)

Probably my favorite aspect of this is the way you describe what it might actually like to be a non-human animal, and how not only your senses but your instincts and thought processes would be completely different. A bold and unique story.
Atalan chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
This is really clever... and I like how much wordless communication you got into it. It's kind of sad that Mirage has forgotten what on earth they're fighting for, though.
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
I like it! It's interesting to see the Autobots turn into horses. Very original and awesome plot. Their colours and personalities match the kind of horses they've become. Mirage's narration on this was written wonderfully and to have a "horse" feel to it as well.
NineCrow chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
WOW!

Me Liked a LOT!

Thanks for Sharing

NC
Becka Minato chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
That was simply mind blowing. At first I thought it would be yet another fanfic of the Autobots turning into humans - but horses? Definitely an idea that was new to me and I loved this story from start to finish. Fantastic job and I can't wait to read more of your work.
lalala chapter 1 . 12/1/2007
omg. love.
vericus chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
This...is completely awesome. I loved the way is way written, the way the attitudes of the various Autobots and Decepticons stayed the same, and yet transitioned to fit as animals.

The truly odd thing is, this isn't the first fanfic I've read where the random's characters are turned into horses. A friend of mine, a long time ago, wrote an *N Sync fanfic (yeah, lame, I know) where they all turned into horses. So it was kinda...surreal to find this and realize...it's not a completely whacked-out idea...it's just...rare...

But yeah. I loved it. Excellent work.
sonofwolf chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
Sure as hell beats the TF-to-human stories.
Mia Hoshifaia chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
I love you story!

You're horse language is perfect. I've had horses for years and my favorite thing to do is to watch them interact with each other. You did a wonderful job of portraying that language in your story. Keep up the good work.
Paleodex chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
Loved it!

Completly off the hook and way out there, but still an awesome read! I've heard of Autobots being turned into humans, heck, even human ladies! But horses, never! It was amazing )
Mujamo chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
I can't tell you how much I loved this. Amazing. Simply amazing.
60 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »