Reviews for On Being Reduced to Instinct
myrmidryad chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
d-amn! i cant believe you pulled this off! poor brave twins! and very good from mirage's point of view! AMAZING! it sucks that the autohorses were outmatched so bad by the deceptiwolves/vultures/etc... really good though! woot! *adds to favs*
TJ chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
Truly beautiful. Also, it takes a lot of imagination and talent to pull something like this of. I adore horses and am glad you choose them; I think you painted a fitting alter-egos for the Autobots. I also think you should put better summary because I overlooked this story several times because it didn't seem interesting.

In any case, lovely. Thank You.
Chiwizard chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
This is the most AWESOME story EVER. I love this story! And everyone's temperments and breeds came out exactly the way they should, nothing OOC or anything... Really, right after the scene where Sideswipe and Sunstreaker were messing around with each other, I was shaking my head and going "Thoroughbreds. Oy..."

And the best part? (For me, at least?) You made Mirage my favorite breed of horse - pureblooded Arabian! It's a high-class horse too, and Mirage is a high-class bot...

Oh dear, I've gone and waxed rhapsodical on this. Sorry...but seriously, this is the BEST Transformers fic EVER, and don't anyone ever tell you different!
Byrnstar chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
I remember reading this a long time ago, and I'm glad I came across it again. This is one of the - alright, probably *the* most unusual 'crossover' type of fic I've read. What's more remarkable is that it's brought about in such a realistic way.

The bits with the equine 'language' are both interesting, and hilarious - in large part because it reflects how they all know each other so well that they can understand even without words. I love the use of different breeds as well - picturing Bumblebee as a Fjord had me smiling for hours. :P

And towards the end, during his flight, Mirage's subtle observation of a deep truth - that there will always be those that live for the herd, and those that live to prey on others - it's one of the most profound bits of writing I've ever run across. In the end, perhaps that's all we can reall hope for; not for wars and struggle to cease - only that there will always be more horses than wolves...
Lady Razorsharp chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
I've read this story many times, and it's still as wonderful as the first time I read it. Exhilirating to run with the herd, to 'meet' everyone (I always get a little thrill when they find Prime), heartbreaking to see the herd get scattered and attacked...and the wolves and cats, Megatron and the rest...but the icing on the cake is Mirage's flight back home.

Absolutely gorgeous. Bravo.
DracoKat chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
This is one of the most unique stories I've ever read.
KandyHouse chapter 1 . 2/17/2007
This was a great story. There have been a lot of 'the robots become humans' stories, but I've never read one where they become animals. err...other then Beast Wars the show that is. Plus, Mirage is one of my favorite Autobots which made this even better for me! You did a fantastic job writing this, and I look forward to reading more of your work.
Rogue7 chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
I'm impressed, I'll have to keep an eye on your up coming works... after i finish reading all your others. Well done.
Hybryd0 chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
I'm usually pretty shy about reviewing people's fics, but this is too good for me to just hit the back button and not say anything. I love horses and I think you did a great job capturing how the Autobots communicated wtih each other. I love the bit where Bluestreak got his foot caught. I really love how the twins still wanted to be the same warriors they've always bee even in vulnerable organic bodies. I'm stumbling over myself trying to put into words all the things I love about this fic. I'm usually wary of fics where characters are turned into animals, but you handled this beautifully. And look, you've made me channel Bluestreak and babble endlessly. Awesome job.
Syntia13 chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
oh, man, where to begin?

Ok, my favorite parts:

Silver wolf's glittering grin. /Food/.

Ratchet's fantastic tantrum

the whole 'Bluestreak caugh in a bush' thing

and Sideswipe's "I wouldn’t ditch you, you idiot"

oh, and that 'It's all your fault' bite Wheeljack received.

I loved what you did with equine body language - it's goddamn accurate, had no problems picturing it.

Well, yea, it IS weird. But it's still lovely! :D
the arbitress chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
Lost in the fic, love for it, I can only show it by reviewing. 'Tis Dragonfurry, BTW. I applaud you; a great fic, as always.
MariaShadow chapter 1 . 7/5/2006
Two things that I really love about this fic. 1-The first line. It never fails to crack me up. 2-How you delve into the psychology and behaviour of horses and the herd, like the details here 'He wasn’t sure why they should be so nervous, or why he should feel a bizarre, underlying twinge of hostility at the group of stallions, but there it was.' I also love how you map the Autobot's personalities onto their equine selves, like Bluestreak still managing to be chatty with his body language. Really, really great stuff!
Tiamat1972 chapter 1 . 7/4/2006
I've always loved this one. And the artwork it has spawned too.
Mabel-Zen chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
This has to be one of the most queer, weird and wonderful TF fictions I have read.

Transformers as horses? Well, horse language in here has really caught my interest. I love horses, but the way you put the way the 'horses' communicated really intrigued me. I never thought things like that could occur for horses, but oh well.

I'd rather Mirage thanking Wheeljack than throttling him! Everyone seemed to have gained something, or learnt a lesson (other than there's more ways to communicate than yelling at each other, and the twins learnt what a world of hurt and illness is like) and that also warmed me.

Me likeys this story muchies! Shouldn't be ignored, should be read by all horsy-TF fans that exist!
DeltaSilver88 chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
I love this. _ It's definitely my favorite TFs-turned-into-other-beings fic. And I love horses. It's kinda nice to see that they don't talk, but communicate through different whickers, snorts and squeals. You've written those so well.

I especially love the parts with Wheeljack and/or Ratchet. And Prowl, too. Plus those scenes with Air Raid. Makes me think what the other Aerialbots, and the Protectobots, look like as horses...

One of my definite fave scenes is that when Ratchet appears for the first time. That scene was so like him. _

Oh, have you got any ideas what the rest of the Autobots would be as horses (I mean, colors.. and maybe breeds, too)? I figure Fireflight'll be red... sort of a clumsy breed? Pipes is probably the same color as Optimus.
60 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4