Reviews for Vacation
KILO151998 chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
Awwwwww, this was sad but really good.:-)
SSD chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Too lazy to sign in. :P

Beautiful yet sad fic you have here, Jimmy. It made me tear up. Poor Gendo and Shinji.

According to the script notes, Gendo when walking away 10 years ago (from the train station I guess), is when he said "Shinji, you mustn't run away." ...Irony eh? Guess that's where Shinji got the saying from.

Good job with this!
AmazedMechaFan chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
This by far is, the only fic which... Well, ever truly made me believe Gendo, the Bastard King, could possibly have a heart. I have read hundereds of Eva fanfics, and thousands of fanfics total, but never has one made such a realistic character that one could connect to, from an anime in such a short Fic. And most certainly not one that was OoC. What's by far the most amzing was you made such few changes to the character and gave him a much more multidimensional personality. All you really did was fill in a few gaps, and put Gendo in a different light, a different perspective. If your writing style was a bit more fine tuned, perhaps a few beta readers, this would be one of the greats; on a level of such great fics has Frozen a FFVI fic by Chendzeea Li, the works of Shanejayell, and other great and insperational Fics and writers throughout all of fandom. I wouold list more but... I'm really lazy and already pushing overdoin' my work effort today of typing. Good Job. BYE
SithKnight-Galen chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
Nice and very deep. I enjoyed reading this. It is not often that you find stories that actually show Gendo in a sympathetic light. And considering what we saw play out a decade later, I do have to say that I feel a bit of sympathy for the man after reading this piece.
Nefariously chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
So... sad... *sniff* This is a really great fic and surprisingly, it isn't quite as OOC as I thought it would have been. GOod job! _
Scarabeye3000 chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
Excellent... made one tear fall.

Always, the excellent writer you are.
animefan64 chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
It actually doesn't seem too OOC, as he tries to destroy humanity tto be reunited with his wife, so him loving Shinji and not being able to express it fits quite well. Nice work.
vic chapter 1 . 7/5/2006
that was proabably the single most well done gendo's pov fic i have EVER seen! he is a little out of character,that is, what he says is not exactly what he says in the series. but considering eoe, it makes a lot of sense.
AgentKaji chapter 1 . 7/4/2006
Liked the way you showed Gendo, don't think it was OOC, not much anyway. As you say, his thoughts during EoE explain his feelings towards Shinji. Also gives him, perhaps a more human side to him than the cold hearted Gendo we usually see. Nice.
Hououza chapter 1 . 6/29/2006

Cyber-Undead chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
A nice short one-shot.

A good possible perspective on Gendo. _
LVoss PL chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Just translated it, going to post soon :-P As usual - even though so small - a piece of masterwork. I hope you WILL finish T2T within this year :P

I totally agree with your opinion of that event in both Ikaris' life - it's not like Gendo didn't love his son... he was just afraid of... the responsibilities. The responsibilities to raise him up for a good man...

One of my mottos: "There are no people without feelings. There are just people who can hide their feelings perfectly... or push them back"
Alucard180 chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
pretty good, in truth it must not have been easy for to do it, shinji is the real last piece of Yui he has left. me want more
Starla Blaise chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
I like your Gendo very much. Keep writing. ;)