Reviews for An Odd Meeting
Don-Jam chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
I love this idea! You did it ever so well. I don’t know which I like more, the idea that Spock just can’t accept that there were Vulcans on Earth in 1968 (yet alone that he wasn’t the first Vulcan-Human hybrid), or the hint (or at list I’m seeing it as a hint) to what seems to be a bit of a Fanan idea that Maggie surname was Grayson and was one of Spock mother’s ancestors – and Spock knows (and doesn’t want Jim to know).
Carriewhowasreading chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
Short, sweet, and spot on humor!
Alan wannabe chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
I am toying with a story in which Alan Shore gets caught in a transporter beam and is apprehended by Scotty. Now that would be a really odd meeting
curvychick11 chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
that was a cute
Flutiegal chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Ok, I've never seen Enterprise, so I don't know the characters, but I liked it nonetheless!
JustWriter2 chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
The ending was certainly humorous.

-jwchan -
Radon65 chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
That was cute. So here Mestral and Maggie got married, huh? That's really cute. I like it.
willflourish chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
I have often wished someone would continue Mestral's story.

This is an interesting idea to include Mestral in a TOS story.
MuseUrania chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
Interesting. :)
Eja chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
Oh, I liked this a lot! Very well written, good characterisation.
joanieponytail chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Ooh I love being the first reviewer.

Mestral is one of my favorite Vulcans. I am glad he and Maggie had a son. Of course, you know that this means Spock wasn't the first Vulcan Terran hybrid to live, but who says canon is everything? Heck, the show even contradicted itself sometimes. I think this is a very good story idea, and wish you would do more with it. Short things like this about what Mestral, his son and Spock each think of the encounter, maybe. Maggie's thoughts would be good, too.

I also like it that Gary Seven doesn't know everything. Hah! Mr. Smartypants.

My only criticism is that you didn't include the light speed break-away effect anywhere in your story. I guess it was implied, but still, it is a cool phrase.