Reviews for Tinderbox
ebonyrai chapter 6 . 11/4/2006
Please update the suspence is slowly killing me
Anonymous chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
I love this story! Great plot so far. It's interesting, original, and makes you crave more.

I can't wait to read the rest.
LoquaciousQuark chapter 6 . 10/22/2006
Love it. As usual. Looking forward to the next chapter!
loaned chapter 6 . 10/22/2006
. Cooh, I likes it alot! And I know how it is wit school, keep up the good work!
Trackula chapter 6 . 10/17/2006
Good fic so far. I love the detail.
Keyo-Red Angel of Hope chapter 6 . 10/4/2006
Gotta say, this is good.

Very well written, and I'm enjoying the portrayl of characters. I gotta wonder what Iroh's been doing all this time.

And don't worry about taking time to update, life comes before this.
Kraven Ergeist chapter 6 . 10/1/2006
I like this, so far. I really like this pairing, and really want to see more of it. You really capture the characters beautifully. I look forward to seeing more of this. Don't be dissuaded by petty things like school, friends, family, personal hygiene...these are all triffles!

Ok, maybe htat's going too far, but the point is, this story deserves to be updated.

Good luck!
Blackfire 18 chapter 6 . 9/19/2006
What can I say to you that you haven't heard already? Beautifully done as always; just simply breathtaking. There were so many detailed passages that I just had to read over and over to truly savor them and so much witty dialogue. I love the sort of rough n' tough banter between Mai and Zuko; it's cute. There were a few one-worded phrases that just got me tingling: "Unnexceptable."-that is entirely Mai! I loved the bit where Mai shifts her weight with "a distinct lack of grace", just brilliant and then how see "blurts" out a warning. Those kinds of reactions are what I would expect from her in particular, judging what we know of her character thus far. Wonderfully done!

I stumbled on a sparse few area's; one being Mai wanting to go home. Home to her family, or Chiang Rai? Would Chiang Rai just be a substitution home for the time being?

Also, while heart-wrenchingly romantic the scene of Zuko examining Mai's weapons (aka hand-holding) was, I had trouble seeing it come from Zuko. He is still a morally straight brought up boy; a prince in all respects and thus all the more chivalrous toward a member of the opposite sex. I would think he would respect Mai's personal boundaries. And Mai, as we have seen from one episode, is quite enamored with him from youth to the present day. I was expecting a little more of the halting, stumbling, slightly wide-eyed struggle of affection from her. You highlighted some of these warring feelings very well, but Mai is still a girl in love with a background that kept her somewhat sheltered and not so hardened to the world. I suppose I was expecting a more drawn-in Mai to accompany the hostile, sarcastic one.

I still can't figure out that third personnage with Azula? And all the references Mai had to "endure" with Ty Lee were absolutely hilarious!

Caught one spelling error!

My incoherent babble really cannot express how much I adore this story and I ACHE for another update! Drop the steak! Drop it!
spectra chapter 6 . 9/17/2006
At last, a decent, realistic Mai/Zuko fic - and something other than Zutara! Everything done has been nicely in character and believable. Eagerly waiting for more...
spectra chapter 2 . 9/17/2006
At last, a realistic Mai/Zuko fic! Everything has been carried out in-character. Eagerly waiting for more...
smurfje chapter 6 . 9/16/2006
Altought Mai has only said a couple of lines in the serie, you did a really great job explaining her feelings.

I love it & wait until your next update
hidden leaf chapter 6 . 9/14/2006
This story is SO good! I can't wait for the next chapter! though i do beg for more zuko/mai fluff...XD
storm-of-insanity chapter 6 . 9/9/2006
Great chapter. It was very well written.
ardy1 chapter 6 . 9/8/2006
Um, Rawles slumped a bit in her usual exemplary performance betaing. Some definitely awkward sentenses at the beginning, and I think I even spotted a misspelling, at least one conjoined word where their shouldn't have been, blah, blah...

I've decided to accept your Mai in all her glory. She is, after all, quite close to canon despite her overall depth and damage. And you are wonderfully consistent with her. That said, I also really liked her in this chapter. You gave her a hint of irony and growing awareness of her major weakness. In a very, very believable way. Good job.

The semi-strip search scene was nicely done on the whole, although it fell apart a bit at the end - their dialogue didn't quite track. But to make up for that deficiency it was actually quite sensual. Yummy.

Azula's abandonment seems to be hitting her hard, but you've done a wonderful job of demonstrating Ty Lee's role as a relief valve for Mai. That's exactly how I see her, anyway. It makes me wonder just how aware of that role Ty Lee herself is. Hmm, do I sense a plot bunny nibbling at my toes?

And yes, I adore your Zuko. Such a hero, acting purely on honor, instinct and shallow conceptions of right and wrong deeply felt. I like it a lot. Especially since you also show him developing the appreciation of exactly why the elite have their power - to protect the rest, not out of sheer abject superiority! Noblesse oblige! He has it in spades and doesn't even really know it yet! That is wholly canon Zuko. Good job.

It reminds me quite well of some of the better elements of that priviledged class I have known.
Dungeonwriter chapter 6 . 9/8/2006
What a fine chapter. I am just so absorbed by your fine plot, your attention to detail and your wonderful writing of the characters to say much besides kudos!
93 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »