Reviews for Tinderbox
Jesus.Lives chapter 6 . 9/8/2006
I'm a Toph/Zuko fan. But I love how yours is in character. It's plausible.

I still think Mai would grieve Zuko with too many childhood issues though. :D
Jesus.Lives chapter 3 . 9/8/2006
I didn't know anyone knew Toph existed as a Beifong! Outside the walls of her house anyway...
ilovesoup1 chapter 5 . 8/23/2006
update soon!
Can'tBeYourSuperman chapter 5 . 8/19/2006
Another great chapter! Good job. I hope you update soon because i'm really addicted to this story! Great job!
FiregirlJadea chapter 5 . 8/18/2006
Wow! this is really good so far, I can't wait untill you post the next chapter!
Kishi chapter 5 . 8/17/2006
::stares::

::stares shamelessly::

::ogles::

Oh. Oh my. A researched fic. With descriptive fight scenes. And true-to-form characters. And thoughts that sound like something the characters would think. It's just... just...

::starts laughing. Dashes hands across eyes - is he weeping?::

It's just so beautiful! Please, please keep going!
Blackfire 18 chapter 5 . 8/16/2006
Wow, talk about total lapsed turn around time! I hope it was my review that boosted you to post again! I just apologize for taking so long again...

Yet another delectable, tender morsel; just drop the steak already and stop teasing! The suspense! How could a Mai impersonator have been there to aid Azula (I would assume)to hurt that poor Lixue girl? I would think Ty Lee would have spoken out against the unnecessary show of violence. Hmm...

There are too many favorite parts to list in this tiny review box-but I especially loved Zuko trying to wake Mai and her reaction of throwing a stiletto from half drowsy state, then arguing to go back to sleep. *sniggers* Zuko lost. Then Mai punishes him by taking her time. The sweet surprise of his knuckles brushing her arm, then her suspicion. The detachment in the bloody situation-it's just so Mai.

I. Love. It.

Let's see; caught one grammatical error, but really, pbth, that just pales in comparison. Hmm, when you say "Chiang Rai" is it "Ray" or "Rye"? (Pronunciation of Mai tripped me up!)

I know you just updated, but update again soon! You saved me from passing out once, I can't promise lasting too long this time either!
eesaafawt chapter 5 . 8/16/2006
Another excellently drawn chapter! I love the cliffhanger ending.
Juxtaposie chapter 5 . 8/15/2006
Whoa! What a friggin' cliffhanger. Azula, huh? I wonder of this is a set up, or something of the like. I just... whoa.
SorrowfulButterfly chapter 5 . 8/15/2006
-gasp- Oh the suspense!
Mereo Flere chapter 5 . 8/15/2006
It's amazing how a lack of commenting at the end makes a greater impact, allowing the reader to decide what to feel rather than be told. A nice technique, well executed.

As usual, your writing is amazing, with a nice focus on little details and the minds of the characters.
ardy1 chapter 5 . 8/15/2006
All right. First of all, I loved the line about the sun seeking no quarter and taking no prisoners.

I'm thrilled with your portrayal of Zuko throughout. It is just what I would expect of someone thoroughly trained both physically and in expectation to fit a highly constrained role of a very structured society - and then finding the world does not behave according to expectation even when he does.

Mai is, perhaps, a little too intelligent, objective, and observant for my take on her. While I will grant you that in a society like this their ages would give them adult responsibilities I suspect that they would still be emotionally and developmentally still fairly uncertain. You're not giving her enough room for holes in her education - she's too professional, I guess I'm saying.

Example: Zuko's reaction to finding the tortured peasant girl left room for a visceral reaction; Mai's did not.

That said, I still must applaud this overall. It is striking such a high quality standard in terms of realism, credibility, and thoughtfulness that my toes curl in happiness. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Mousi chapter 3 . 8/15/2006
This is great - please update soon!
loaned chapter 5 . 8/15/2006
O.O. Azula went after her? Wow, that's actually surprising!. Good job! Keep up the good work.
Mr. X chapter 5 . 8/15/2006
...wow. Not much to add past that, really...
93 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »