Reviews for Tinderbox
nerdgonewrongxx chapter 5 . 8/15/2006
OMGSH. Thank you so much for updating. I nearly had a heart attack when I got the email. xDD

Another great chapter, I didn't see any flaws.
Blackfire 18 chapter 4 . 8/15/2006
"Flesh can’t block a blade"-Scissors beats paper, if it can get close enough! Ha! That was a great comment by Mai there, even if it was just to distract the Prince's attention so she could get access to her weapons.

Yet another brilliant chapter. I am never ceased to be amazed at how well you write. Thank the powers that be that you chose to write a story on Mai! I love the details and descriptions and just the general flow of the story, as always.

I did get a bit tripped up on the Earthbender bit though; I suppose I would be one of those half-educated baboons who never finished schooling because there were just too many juicy ticks to eat out there. I was thinking "Earthbenders! Where? Were they already there and decided to take some dirt with them? How did the ground get unstable?" I had to read it over a couple of times...

Other than perhaps my own folly, I can find no fault with this chapter. I eagerly await your next update with bated breath! (So update soon before I pass out!)
t0nifasic chapter 4 . 8/5/2006
...Wow. Just... fantastic writing. I can't wait for more!
Can'tBeYourSuperman chapter 4 . 7/26/2006
Are you going to continue this story! Please continue this story!
Mereo Flere chapter 4 . 7/22/2006
I must say, I'm impressed. The action scenes was well written and believable-giving the sense of an actual struggle, which is rare in fan fiction, and occasionally in official works as well (some works, such as DBZ, immediately come to mind).

And, while the Avatar creators do pay attention to detail, you do as well-I hadn't even realized that Zuko's swords were peasant weaponry.
SorrowfulButterfly chapter 4 . 7/22/2006
Wow. You're a good observer to notice the sword differences.(Me? I say a sword's a sword and leave it at that.) You put in good detail. Update soon!
loaned chapter 4 . 7/21/2006
. I actually take chinese martial arts and I find that very interesting. Ya know, Zuko's swords actually look like regular Dao sword...are they related? Anyway, good chapter and keep up the good work! I like the history lesson, it was quite cool.
ardy1 chapter 4 . 7/21/2006
Thanks for this history lesson on weapons. I had read something once about the lost art of Japanese sword-making and subsequent attempts to revive it a century or so ago, but I don't really know enough Asian culture or history to make distinctions.

This story is wonderfully intriguing, and I do so love the way you are handling their characters. It is facinating that Mai should decide to take what appears to be the easier course, that of following Zuko at this point, rather than striking out on her own.

Nice job.

Did you mean that "Zuko heard a soft sigh," rather than "a soft sight?"
storm-of-insanity chapter 4 . 7/21/2006
Thanks for the hsitory lesson. It's good to keep it in mind. Your fight scene ws great and the weaponry was well researched.
Schwanengesang chapter 4 . 7/21/2006
Wow, you're really brilliant!
Blackfire 18 chapter 3 . 7/15/2006
Ooh, so sorry for the tardy review. Another brilliant chapter, as always! Poor Mai getting questioned left and right. Curious that she would know some details about Pentapusses, but then not speak up about the Pentapox "disease" when she was still with her folks...

*gasp* Mai not liking children but then giving in to big eyes? Haha, that's right cute. I really love the touch with the double in the bedroom while Mai snuck out. Brilliant. Though I do wonder what exactly Mai said to the girl. "You stay here for me, I've got to sneak out to get back to the Avatar"?

I certainly hope Mai can get all of her stiletto's back, they are prepared specially for her style! You're right about the weighting for knives;it's good to see you so dedicated to the story to do research. The same would apply to her arrows too. Arrows tend to oscillate in flight.

Anywho, I can't wait for another update, I love this story!
Mereo Flere chapter 3 . 7/14/2006
As a set up, there's nothing particularly special in this chapter itself-though your NPCs seem a little bit more fleshed out this time, if only because they "feel" more real.

...no, I don't know what I'm talking about.
Jonnoda chapter 3 . 7/12/2006
Oh... and tension rises, XD. I love this story really, because its a realistic take on Zuko and Mai, as in their both in characters and not ready to fall into bed with each other the moment they breathe wrong(right?). Anyway keep it up.

One of my friends tell me thats the premise of Zutara, I wouldnt know since I dont, since I dont read Zutara, but then I don't read Kataang all that much either, I personally find litle ships like this the best XD.

-Jonnoda
lida chapter 3 . 7/12/2006
Great chap. nothing really happened though. Keep up the good work!
storm-of-insanity chapter 3 . 7/12/2006
plus in the avatar world there are metal war ships and some of the weirder firebenders look like anglo saxons.

i like the idea of zuko trying to lock mai in. both your characters are very IC.
93 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »