Reviews for Dancing Days
snow and the sea chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
I think this was really brilliant. Just really clean-cut but quite ambiguously expressionistic. I don't know if those are the right words to describe it, but that's just what it feels like.
Merkaba7734 chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
I read this for the first time a month or so ago, and didn't review because I wasn't sure what to say. I should have reviewed then still, but I must say I understand the story more now as I let it sink into my head and can actually give a review that makes sense to me at least.

I think this story really presented the characters as real and rounded in a way rarely seen. It was a bit bizarre, but that just made it more real.

I loved the conversation between Raoul and Jonathan. Raoul is upfront and angry, and I love the contrast presented in Jon's reactions: the indignant Jon and then him showing how vulnerable he was.

But even more I absolutely loved the conversation between Jonathan and Kel. There’s just something so delightful about the prospect of these two unlikely characters having a conversation such as this, sitting on the top of Balor’s Needle with their legs dangling off the edge. Anyway, both are characterized well. Jon is too often shoved into two extremes in fan fiction. One being the ass he was in parts of WWRLAM or the ‘king who unjustly made Kel go through probation and forced Kally to go to Carthak.’ On the flipside we have the glossing over of these flaws and forever peddling of AJ however unlikely it became. Kel is a bit blunt with the king, but that's how I would see Kel acting- especially after a tragedy like this. She would have been more likely to cast Jon in the 1st category and doesn’t necessary hide it. As for the content… It seemed much like Jon was trying to connect with Kel and explain this to Kel. I loved how vulnerable he seemed at parts compared to Kel who went through being convinced he had gone nuts. Kel and Delia. Now I've never considered them similar, but I see the comparison now. In general, their talk was great- as surreal as the situation must seem to them.

All together, I love this story even as it *breaks my heart into microscopic pieces* I didn't mean to let the review get this long, but I'm sitting here at almost 2 in the morn and was just compelled write out my belated review. I really have no idea.
Tortall101 chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
that was bizarre and very random :)
Tuathail chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
This is either the best-written or most crackpot story I have ever read. And hey, from me that's actually a huge compliment.

I really loved the scenes between Jon and Raoul, and just the way you handled every event in the story. The reveal at the end was chilling without any reason for being so, and I think that's part of the reason it read so well. Kudos on a lovely story.

- Lan
Rockstar with a Vendetta chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
-sigh- All your fics are really interesting. This one was intriguing, different. My favorite part was the ending scene between Keladry and Jonathan.
ThJaFl chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
Interesting. I think you could go somewhere with this if you wanted to, and I now that it make people think as it is, but it is a little confusing. Would you please either make it into a story or explain it? Thanks!
sarcastic rabbit chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
So. Kel's head is a strange and unsettling place where I fear to tread. But there's no stopping the intrepid Fenella!

I liked the bit about the endless stars that she'll still have to take down before her time's up. It's just like her to agonize over the fall of every person and blame herself for picking a side and being efficient. Not healthy for her state of mind. Neither is her habit of distancing herself from people emotionally (see: Neal, Cleon, Dom and Owen). Not FAIR to expect someone to share your woes and love you back? She's a strange one.

Want to know what was really surreal? Jon and Kel working off some of their grief over Alanna together. At the top of Balor's Needle. With their legs dangling over the edge...

Still love the line about "Lerant's Aunt."

IMO (Full of 'em, as usual.)
leni chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
there's some things i didn't get, but it was good. and its ok that i don't get it, cos then i'll think about it for the next 24 hours, and finally it'll click.
music nerd chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
i dont get it. maybe im just stupid, but i still dont get it.
Neith4Weiss chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
Very Odd. I love it. you should write some more
greta garbo chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
this was much too confusing for me...didn't really understand much of it at all, but perhaps that's because i may be too simplistic and not profound enough. i apologize for not understaning what the hell was going on.
Misled Nymph chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
Very buce, I love the style.