Reviews for Reasons
ladybrit chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
I hadn't read this before - only just found it. What a heart felt rendering from Amanda - how her very soul is torn between human emotions and Vulcan logic. How she somehow blends her love for Sarek with a necessity to remain human. So poignantly written.
LettieM chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
Very good exploration of Amanda's relationship with Sarek, from her point of view. It can't be easy being the first human woman to marry a Vulcan, or indeed to be any woman married to a Vulcan. But she managed admirably, and they do seem to have found their balance. Excellent writing as always.
Loserx0rz chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
Really, it's a fascinating thing, and when put in just this way by a writer such as yourself, it tends to be shoved even further home.

Amanda was an amazing woman. Really, she had no equal, at least that I can see. I don't know how she did it, and really, I don't think I could have done the same in her position. I might have tried, but many a lesser person- Terran, anyway- would fail.

Even watching the series, telling myself that Vulcans and Spock aren't supposed to express emotion, I guess sometimes we take what that means at face value. Either 'Okay, they don't have emotion' or 'Well, they must have SOME emotion.' Nobody really thinks to question how this fits in the day-to-day...

And certainly not how it afflicted Amanda.

A double-edged sword of a life really is right. And so many aspects of Sarek a weaker person would be tempted to try to change, and not understand that there wouldn't be the ability TO change.

Oh, I could sit and philosophize (is that a word?) over this all night, but I'm losing sleep as it is.

Another gem, really, and I love reading them. :D
funvince chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
I'm impressed. You get that Vulcans aren't just humans with pointy ears. I like your insight that the Vulcan passion for war has not been directed toward logic. And that Amanda's determination to remain human has a counterpart in Sarek.
Rolletti chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
Double, triple, quadruple angst here. Poor Amanda trying to adjust to Vulcan culture. Your writings are much to be admired, Pat and I'm so proud of you. You are such a professional writer and I can't wait to read more of your works.

Rolletti
FireWolfe chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
Very nice and it be great to see Sarek's POV as well. I love the way you are filling in the outlines of this series. I really like Kirk's POV and I would love for him to find the answers. It is wicked to leave us hanging lol

Lisa
trecebo chapter 1 . 7/5/2006
You surpass Diane Duane in your ability to really get under Vulcan skin and see all those nuances. Sheesh! Amanda is out there alone and as a human, dealing with a real alien culture. Her tendency to see them as like her (and the humans of the Federation, et al.) blinds them to the differences quite often. The Vulcans just don't bend to fit into the human mold. You portray that very well. Excelsior!
LA Suka chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
I actually read this a couple days ago and I thought I left a review but I guess not. This was interesting seeing everything from Amanda's point of view. It must be difficult for her being so far from home. It's amazing they never got a divorce. Sarek is probably a much better husband than many human husbands can be even without the emotions.
jedi71 chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
Interesting, I think you detailed the oceans length of difference between the Terran and Vulcan cultures quite well. I really enjoy all of your TOS fiction, thanks for sharing it. 7one