Reviews for Jing and the Dark Lady
nightmareofnoir chapter 9 . 6/9/2007
that was a good ending
anaemicfaeries chapter 9 . 10/15/2006
A beautiful epilogue. Wow, you really brought closure in this story! Mirin finally finds a way to move on from her past grief, and Il Postino is just the person to help her with it! We loved the way he handled her glum statements. What a nice happy ending. If only all sad stories could end this way! Although this is way overdue, thanks for such a great little story, Omasu. Even if we only watched the first few episodes, the plot and of course, your captivating writing style, really drew us in. Can't wait to read more from you! :)
anaemicfaeries chapter 8 . 10/15/2006
You know the best thing about getting our internet back is the fanfic to catch up on! *grin* It's been too long since we read one of your stories. We were absolutely dismayed when our computer decided to die, and we had to wait for a new one, which also meant we would'nt find out what happened with Jing for a long time. But, now we're back, and yay! This was a wonderful ending chapter! Loved the merriment of the group as they helped build the machine, and the resignment of the Dark Lady to what she believed was her fate was sad in a way, but a tad humourous too. _ Kir was delightful, as always, with his unhelpful comments, lol. It was high time the Dark Lady came down from that throne and saw what was actually going on with the people! Jing really communicates a lot in just a few words. If he ever decided to retire as a thief, we bet he'd make a great ruler. Nice touch with him stealing the necklace to prove his point! And super ending! _ Will the Dark Lady adjust to her new life? And will she ever make nice creatures? Can't wait to find out!

P.S. The story about the harpies was very sad. But the Dark Lady's heart is not so dark after all...
Shadow Fox777 chapter 9 . 9/19/2006
Aww, Postino had a girl friend now. Yay.
Meri Kaisla chapter 9 . 9/3/2006
From a high and mighty ruler into a postman's girlfriend. Her life definitely improved :D

I never find anything to say after the last chapter - it's such a lonely feeling, to know this is the end. It always leaves me somewhat speechless. Sorry :)
Warg chapter 9 . 9/3/2006
Hey..

Wow, trust u to draw an ending that can moves any reader.

Magnificent use of soft, simple, yet simply put touching scenes to bring about a more human end for the "used" Mirin.

Smart too to keep the focus on these too characters only.

I wonder though, wouldn it be better to draw El postino slightly more detailed and picturable.. eh hehe picky me.

That apart, i this chapter was Awesome.. a perfect ending, so fittingly just the beginning.

Thank You, for this, another wonderful story.

Shadow Fox777 chapter 8 . 8/29/2006
I"m interested in knowing what happens. So to tell. Great job with the story BTW. it was great.
Warg chapter 8 . 8/28/2006
Hey.

Once more, fast and strong and solid. Awesome chapter.

Loved the characterization of the Dark Lady and the way the "end" was brough through.

The sense of camradre(sp?) and the frenzied victory of the crowd was well done.. chaos indeed.

The ending really does leave a taste for more, can't wait to see what happens to the Dark Lady.
Warg chapter 7 . 8/28/2006
Hey,

Great packed chapter.

Loved the move of the start, dimmer and more concentrated than last time. The feeling of things closing in, coming to a head. And then the gradual yet abrupt appearance and the following sequence. Your pacing never ceases to amaze me. And the strength of the action being all the touches of description opposed to that weighing it down. Amazing.

The scene at the bar was amusing, but well worked and easily “visible”..

Can’t wait for more of this, and YAY don’t have to _

Meri Kaisla chapter 8 . 8/23/2006
“Maybe so, but life without a little chaos isn’t worth living."

Hah, all hail Jing! I definitely want to know what happens to the Dark Lady - sending her off with the postman is just hilarious *huge grin* Besides I really don't want this story to end yet.
Meri Kaisla chapter 7 . 8/19/2006
Hey, you're back! How was the trip? Good piece of action here, never thought that mermen could be so dangerous *smiles*

"Only Kir would be angry because the beasts out to kill him weren’t cute." Talk about attitude here :D
anaemicfaeries chapter 7 . 8/19/2006
We had a feeling it wasn't going to be so easy! Jing and Kir didn't make it up the tower, but that scene was amazing! Loved the attention to detail, it made us feel as though we were right there with them, and then, when they realised what it was, in the water...! and the struggle that ensued! The mermen were a great addition.

he lovable drunks were very humourous, particularly liked the line, “They can give us a curfew, but they can’t keep us from going to work the next day with a hangover!”

_ Love the fact that they're all going to be working together to defeat the Dark Lady. Jing might be a master thief, but it doesn't hurt to have some help!

And this siege machine sounds like it might do the trick...hope they won't be discovered though! Can't wait to read more.
Shadow Fox777 chapter 6 . 8/15/2006
ONce again, this is how a King of Bandits story should be writen. I"ve missed so many updates. You work fast. I"ll have to try harder to keep up. Well, keep up the good work.
anaemicfaeries chapter 6 . 8/14/2006
Ooh, that was a cliffie. We enjoyed that part with the cyclops very much. Sumo wrestlers with swords-haha! Just love the conversations between Jing and Kir, and how they really do make a great team. Are they going to find the Dark Lady in this upper part of the tower? Can't wait to see who it is, and what will happen next!
anaemicfaeries chapter 5 . 8/14/2006
Yay, they got him out! Go Jing and Kir!

That was very well done. Yes, we knew Jing was going to pursue the Dark lady. There's no way he'd leave the others behind. That was cute, how the twins wanted to join in, lol.

Can't wait to read the next!