Reviews for Daniel's Loss
Sarah chapter 6 . 5/26/2007
My guess for the lack of response is that so few people are emotionally invested in a relationship between Daniel and Sarah Gardner. Combined with a title that promises character death/major angst for Daniel, I think it probably scared people away who were looking for a happy ending. I think it was a story that had to be told to further the plot development of the Alone series, but I would have had it switch back and forth between Sam and Jack and Daniel so you could some light moments with making light of Daniel's loss.
Dreamer22 chapter 6 . 7/13/2006
yay for Daniel settling down at least a little bit. I like the conection that he is making with Nick. and now I;m on to saving the world :-P great job!
Nyx Ro chapter 6 . 7/13/2006
I think you are overestimating Nick here. After all, he did abandon Daniel at age eight despite having (in your universe) ample resources to care for a child. He owned an estate and could afford to keep permanent servants; why couldn't he have left Daniel there? Or hired a nanny/tutor and brought Daniel with him on his expeditions?

Also wouldn't the parents who cared for Daniel & loved him for the first 8 years of his life be far more likely to be role models than an old man he only saw occaisionally? And if Nick did loom larger in his life than Melbourn or Claire- WHY? It would make the story stronger if you'd address these issues.
SeitedeMarie chapter 6 . 7/13/2006
This was an awesome story!

I've always wanted to go to England...
spacemonkey1129 chapter 6 . 7/12/2006
I really have enjoyed reading all the stories in the alone series,I especially liked the way you talk about the characters personal lives & not just thier adventures thru the gate.I especially like this one cuze you have adressed an issue thaat a lot of authors kind of gloss over;which is the fact that that danny seems to lose people that are special to him ;first his parents(at a young age,in front of his eyes no less),then bounced around to abusive foster families,he's laughed out of acedemia for his unique theories,&just when he thinks he's found a home with she're, she's taken from him & then the final staw was his second wife commicting sucide!If I was him I'd want to take a couple of years off too!1 I really hope that yor next story deals with two issues 1) his voyage of self -discovery 2)I noticed that in the original "Alone" story ,which is in the future he was married to Janet ,I was wondering if your going to put them together in any future stories. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! SM1129
nogigglingmajor chapter 6 . 7/12/2006
That was good, I think you've taken the storyline in a very good direction. It's not full of action, and for that i'm actually glad, we need to follow other characters instead of just sam ad jack, maybe those other people don't undersatnd that. I love this, you are an unbeliveble writer and I'm looking forward to the next installment.
trtlsoup2001 chapter 6 . 7/12/2006
My take on this is though it is a really well written and interesting story, you started this series as a Jack/Sam centered fic. I (personally) don't read Daniel fics. While Daniel is an interesting character, he (and Teal'c) just don't invoke as much interest as Jack O'Neill, and in extension Sam.

Don't take the lack of reviews a slight on your writing abilities. You are a gifted storyteller. And I will keep reading what you write. :-)
nogigglingmajor chapter 5 . 7/11/2006
This si really good. Why did Daniel say about not hurting the twins?
Nyx Ro chapter 5 . 7/11/2006
Poor Daniel! Can't he get a happy ending? All of this is very sad and touching. I like that you're including "team" in Sam/Jack ship (Not doing so is my biggest pet peeve, alongside of writing hurt without comfort). I don't quite see how you can wrap it up in another chapter but I'm waiting for it. Please have more comfort!
SeitedeMarie chapter 5 . 7/11/2006
Poor Daniel...
nogigglingmajor chapter 4 . 7/11/2006
Interesting. And when you said gone within the week, I could hardly wait for the next chp.
Nighshae chapter 4 . 7/10/2006
I'm hoping that someone else isn't going to find himself heading for a breakdown...

Good story. Keep it rolling...
greenjadedragon chapter 4 . 7/10/2006
Aah, didn't realise I had two chapters to catch up on. So she's dead. Is Daniel going to become all depressed cause he can't seem to save all the people he loves? Like his parents, Sha're, Skaara? What season is it again?

Still belivable and very sad for poor Danny.
greenjadedragon chapter 3 . 7/10/2006
It's on my story alert, honest!

The take on Daniel and what might have been is interesting. 'Cause you can imagine that has Sha're lived he would have dedicated his life to her as well. Perhaps the problem, he's too busy trying to save someone to make up for the one's he couldn't save?

Anyway, I liked it, it got me thinking and I promise to try and review.
sithlibrarian chapter 4 . 7/10/2006
So... she's dead? I know, for a fact, that Daniel would blame himself for that; that he didn't watch her, that he should have changed the code on the safe, that he should have found her, and a whole bunch of stupid things that people blame themselves for that they would have no way of knowing how to prevent.

Trust me on this.