Reviews for The Quality of Mercy
Vengeful Astartes chapter 1 . 8/4
really enjoy the read. well written
nighthawk-95 chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
I really loved this story.

I wish we could have seen more scenes between the two of them in the movie.
Calil Gadien96 chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
wow. and thats All I'm going to say.
Gyreflight chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
This is a lovely example of a short fic – entirely complete in and of itself, the characters powerfully illuminated in a few brief scenes which hook the reader’s attention before leading them round to close the circle again at the end.

Some things can only be clearly seen through another’s eyes in a mix of observation, interpretation and admiration, the credibility of which depends greatly on who is making those observations. This is why having Saladin as the viewpoint character worked so well. A powerful, fascinating individual in his own right, his knowledgeable outsider’s eye lets Baldwin demonstrate the nature which can win him the respect even of an enemy.

Thank you for this, I really enjoyed it.

Space-Case-Writer13 chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
wow, sorry that was amazing. I loved your characterization of both Saladin, and Baldwin. It was slendid and a joy to read. Thank you so much for this gem of a one shot. I normally don't like one shots becasue they leave so much open, you however filled in all the blanks where necessary. Again thank you so much and I look foward to looking into your other works.

~Happy writing~

knighted lioness chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
i just wanted to say that this is truly one of the best fanfictions i have ever read. the depth of insight and the relationship between saladdin and baldwin made me cry. thank you!
Emilia Gray chapter 1 . 5/12/2009

it is the only answer that i can give.
Sachita chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Wow. I loved this. Very well-written! The characters were spot-on and the story itself was wonderful to you for writing this- Saladin is an intriguing character, as is Baldwin. Great men and great leaders, both of them. The symbolism that came with the game of chess was very profound. I apologise for my English, it's not my first language.

( Sachita
Seriously Yours chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
That was beautifully written. You are very talented. :)
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
A great story. Very good.
FreeSpiritedOne chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
I am impressed. I have always enjoyed this film, but this is the first time I have read any fanfic based on it. How fortunate that I should choose your story to start with.

I too felt that both were great men and I appreciate that you did not demonize them. It would be easy to let ones own religious influences color the story and I appreciate very much that I have not a clue what yours are.

To take two such polarizing religious idiologies and show the respect of wisdom contrasted with hatred of ignorance was the strength of the film. It is also the strength of your story.

empath89 chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
i just watched the movie again...and i decided to read some fics on baldwin. this is one of the best fics here in my opinion. you told the story from saladin's point of view and i did not expect to like it that much, but you surprised me. very nicely written. my favorite line is ' "You are a king," Saladin went on with more conviction, an edge of fierceness in his tone. "You are a good man, and my enemy, and a great leader of armies. These things... these things concern me." ' it captured the mood very well and the repetition (referring to the first meeting) is great. nice job.

WayLowHalo chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
Awesome, I really like this. I think it catches Saladin fairly well. Really good job, and even if it wasn't completely historically based it caught the movie characters really well. Excellent. I really did like it.
Lily Severn chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
This is absolutely lovely. I read this every so often, and then when I watch the film I see the relationship between Baldwin and Saladin differently. I'm ashamed to be reviewing so late. P This was wonderfully written and beautiful. Thank you!
incense-whiskers chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
Beautiful. And such a unqiue idea too.