Reviews for A New Friend
Runecutter chapter 5 . 6/8
Seriously? Tom "i only love myself" Riddle married a woman and had a daughter?
I know JKR came up with the same lame storyline in her play, but this was the time when we knew how disgusting and awful Riddle really is... Harry had heard FOUR megalomanic monologues from him in five years. I'll agree with the story that Aiyana is a weird choice as name, especially coming from what seems to have been a muggle woman in the 60es or 70es (the story starts out with 30-ish, doesn't it? which means going before 1968) as Riddle would have no real reason to kill a pureblood or halfblood he married... but the thought of marriage and having sex alone is disturbing when Riddle is involved.

Still Annabelle is a cool OC, pretty un-sue-ish and normal and likeable too... I think I like the adoption idea too, why would James and Lily be worried or mad about him doing something that makes Harry happy after what he was through? They'd still be his parents and in his heart, the name changes nothing of that. (Annabelle has consciously chosen to be different, which sets her apart from Harry's decision in that she really wants to break the ties and shows it in how she lives etc. so its not the same :D)
Runecutter chapter 3 . 6/8
Uhh... If this plays two years after the Ministry (end of book 5, May/June 1996) and it just got July 31st as Annabelle thought recently... this would make this day literally Harry's EIGHTEENTH birthday. And he is free of the Dursleys for more than a year already... Even if everything else is different (like Voldemort not yet dead), the protective charms should still have failed when the boy arrived at the age of maturity for a wizard. Six months captivity and December 31st or 10 months and May 31st might work out with "save Harry"... 18-24 months and July 31st is a definite miss.

Well other than that not too much has happened yet, I kind of like the few things we've seen from Ms Roxbury and the pacing was not too bad for the length of your chapters. Generally a nice story, not yet a good time to judge properly though ;)
tammgrogan chapter 5 . 4/18
I did not see that coming at all. I really am enjoying your story.
Guest chapter 16 . 12/4/2016
Several points support the theory that the meeting with the Weasleys and Ron in particular was set up. Hagrid was sent to take Harry shopping. He didn't explain how to get to the train. Molly loudly complaining that the train station is full of Muggles. Of course it is, as it has been every time she was there. Than she asks for the number, although she should know it after her own school years and her older children.
It is also unlikely that the wizarding families go through the Muggle part. Can you imagine the Malfoys going through the Muggle part? They would not want it, and most would stand out like sore thumbs.
Guest chapter 9 . 12/4/2016
"Sirius Black, had been left to rot in Azkaban for a crime he didn't commit and then later left to rot in captivity with the Deatheaters, because no one thought he was worth the risk it would be to go after him."
It's not because he was not worth the risk, it's because he was an obstacle to Dumbledore's plan to have Harry with the Dursleys. Sirius was the only one in Azkaban without trial, and Dumbledore was the one to benefit from this. Dumbledore, who gives every Death Eater a tenth chance, didn't even give Sirius a first chance. Not in 1981, and not after Harry told him that Sirius is innocent.
It's not just that it isn't worth the risk or the effort, he forbid Remus to do anything. Dumbledore would do anything in his power to keep Harry under control, and keeping Sirius out of Harry's life is part of that.
BillBrink chapter 24 . 11/29/2016
No big deal on the R/S slash, but the M pregnancy just stretches it out of credulity and it does't add anything to the story.
knuckles 8 chapter 33 . 11/9/2016
loved the story. I liked the family dynamics through the story line
GBTtown chapter 33 . 5/6/2016
I know it is an nine year old story. But, it is a good nine year old story.
The only thing keeps it from joining my favs is MPREG the silliest concept ever thought up on fanfiction!
Firewolfe chapter 9 . 11/25/2015
I am enjoying this work. The only thing I dislike is the sirius remus pairing. Remus Tonks was one of the few cannon pairings I liked. It was crazy enough to work. Sirius and Remus being gay just does not fit in the JKR universe. They had Sirius as a ladies man that does not simply change. I so can not see his character as being gay. Wormtail yes as he clearly hanging on the others coat tails. Dumbles yep its obvious hell even riddle to a certain extent makes sense. But not Remus or sirius. I can see Sirius wanting a family and adopting a sister. A good friend does not have to be a lover to save someone. Remus I see him as a perfect match for tonks as he is a thinker and a man not drawn to physical oddities. He sees her for her just as she accepts his wolf. Anyway fun fic.
katmom chapter 33 . 11/5/2015
Thanks for sharing your nicely done "what if" of the story. I enjoyed it very much.

Kathie
Eagle-Eyes chapter 33 . 9/24/2015
Cute ending to a very good story.

Keep writing as life allows...?
Sixstringsamurai83 chapter 17 . 7/12/2015
First of all I'm sorry i didn't reply after each chapter, i like to sink my teeth into a story before i say anything, first brilliant, love the fluffyness makes me warm and fuzzy, Second LOVE the way Harry and SIrius act, and finally i like Snape, that hard for most people to do so good job
only qualm, and i know you said at the start that it's "light" but i'd have loved more Romance between Harry and Hermione i'm a HUGE Harmony fan.
besides that i love your story and hope the rest is just as good.
-Jesse-
lilashannah67 chapter 33 . 6/6/2015
What an amazing story ! Well done sorry to see it end.
Firewolfe chapter 33 . 4/5/2015
Lovely piece could have done without the slash but otherwise a nice fic. Never got why people have to make most fics have slash in the in characters that are cannon straight. Anyway lovely work hope you write more one day.
jessicariddle87 chapter 24 . 3/5/2015
I'm quite glad that when you brought up paranoid schitzophrenia, you used the proper definition & description of the symptoms :) I myself am bipolar/schitzophrenic ( only slightly paranoid, but not in the sense that I get lost in delusions, thank goodness), but mine is genetic ( 4th gen. bipolar & 9th gen schitzophrenic... & BOTH are caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. Similar symptoms CAN show up in those that take too many mind-altering drugs on a regular basis... also, keep in mind, that doesn't include marijuana, since that actually helps the mania, depression & anxiety. Also lows the chances of hallucinations, since it "evens out" the imbalanced chemicals). Keep up the great work, because I'm loving this story so far _