Reviews for Anything but Normal
xcupcakex chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
hi. saw you on MSA. I am utterly confused. why is there a human in Robin Hood? By the way, Robin Hood is a communist. Surprised? But you could do with more evaluating and unless it is a flash back, you shouldn't put it in Italics. You should make it more apealing if you are going to continue it, too.

cc
stepmom chapter 3 . 2/15/2007
I like the re-writes. The Wierd Dream is kind of neat because it's sorta sci-fi. (I'm a geek) I mean your character started out with a strange dream in which she was transported back to Kenya in 1899, but then in the next section go actually go back to 1899 - so was the dream really a dream, or was there some time travel going on through a portal when Grace dreamed it? Is it real? Is it a memory? Hm...

I'm still not sure where the story is taking place - a dorm, a home for Superheroes, etc. For completeness I think you should fully describe the "who/what/where/when/why" the first time you describe a scene, and then you can jump back to those characters/places/situations later in your story more easily.
ginoza chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
You haven't updated in... a long time. :o
livernchz chapter 6 . 10/13/2006
Get over your writer's block...NOW! update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update

smooches!
Chelsea chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
It's pretty good, but I do have a few suggestions.

First of all, why so many parenthesis? Instead of saying something like "Maid Marian (fox)", try to add in the details in a description. Not only will it flow better, but it will make the writing altogether sound more mature.

Secondly, are you using spell check? For the most part everything looks fine, but there's still a few errors here and there.

Don't randomly insert script style writing! It doesn't make sense to have something like this:

Anita: “YA LI’L SPIKE-HAIRED FREAK!”

Grace rolled her eyes. “Eh, usual.”

But other than those few things, I'm gonna say it's fine.

Oh yeah, and hi Troy. Ahahaha.
TroyGale chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
Grace, I've read the story, and it is absolutely perfect. You are an incredible writer, and I would give anything to be half as good as you.
stepmom chapter 5 . 8/10/2006
I am really enjoying the way you are introducing all my favorite characters of all time with a new twist, but there are so many characters, I'm getting mixed up on what's going on with the plot. (But my reading comprehension isn't that great. I'm more of a math and science gal, and I'm getting old and my brain is rotting away... :-) )

I love the way you are doing your conversations between the characters, and the scene changes are excellent. I've signed up to add you to my favorite authors, favorite stories and story alert list. Keep it coming!

I think you could spend a little more detail setting up the scenes because I'm getting a little lost there. I know who the characters are, but I don't know where you are and why you are there. Are you living in a dorm? Why is a 15 year old sharing a room with a 24 year old? Is it like the XMEN where each character is in a group home for mutants of all ages? Or is it some kind of school, or prison for characters with special powers who are feared by the rest of the world?

Is Merlin going to make an appearance in this epic?

Keep up the great work! I am so proud of you KGG! Luv Donna
Sawyer Fan chapter 6 . 8/8/2006
Very nice chapter! I enjoyed Lucy's 'badgering' of Quatermain, it was so cute and believable...just like a child her age would do. I can't say I know the new characters introduced in the middle of the chapter. Video game?

Interesting concept of Sawyer and Grace being spirit doubles...and the mention of 'the knife'...hm...wonder what that could be?

Will be waiting and watching...and yes, I am working on mine! LOL.
Sawyer Fan chapter 5 . 7/30/2006
Hellboy! I was not expecting that! I liked that movie a lot. And Treasure Planet! Have that one too. Seems like he may have a crush on Grace too? Or does her heart only belong to Sawyer?

LOL, well, I'll be waiting, and thanks for letting me know you updated.
Sawyer Fan chapter 4 . 7/30/2006
LMBO! Boy, talk about your battle royal! I'm sure Ms. Croft is gonna love the mess left behind!

I'm off to read the next chapter...and I'm working on mine...LOL.
Sawyer Fan chapter 3 . 7/11/2006
Hi! Finally found the story back! This time you had Narnia in there! LOL! I loved that movie (enjoyed the books too when I was younger). Interesting how Grace could see "LXG" in her dreams. Nice plot devise if I say so myself. Will be waiting to read more!
Sawyer Fan chapter 2 . 7/3/2006
Hello!

LOL, now this was definitely a twist I wasn't at all expecting!

Cool how you have to where the literary/show characters know each other. Looking forward to the Tom Sawyer part of course...hehehe. The story flowed smoothly, and was well written.

Robin Hood...LOL, I haven't watched that toon in years!