Reviews for The Family of the Golden Crane
nightciris chapter 5 . 6/25/2014
Goodness, I can see it has been quite some time since the story was updated, but…I love this fanfic. You write Lan and Nynaeve well-they have grown older, started a family, a kingdom, have changed in some ways, but you have preserved their essential characters. And their family seems very real, very believable. So I leave this review to say thank you, hoping on the off-chance that you might continue with the story one day. I really want to know what new storm is on the horizon...
Terahlyanwe chapter 5 . 11/15/2013
I see you haven't updated in over 3 years! Please update! I'll read it, and review quite, quite regularly. :D :D
spencer4ever chapter 5 . 1/10/2010
I was in a wee bitty of a dire strait for a moment there. Thank goodness for author profiles and updates!

I have found very few stories that speak to the characters in such a fashion, and yours is certainly in the tops among those few.

Nynaeve is so often portrayed in a one-dimension fashion, badgering and being stubbornly stupid for pages on end, but yours is perfect with the little self-examinations.

I love the way you tie everything in - Nynaeve's garden, the believable homesickness, Elnore's flirty ways. (By the by, I love the Elnore-Perrin's-son connection.)

Maric is much enjoyed, and I was greatly saddened by the bullying, but he shall get his own back, perhaps, in time. :)

Much loved. I very much look forward to another Elnore chapter, with the requisite heart-troubles and romance inspired drama. Ah, love.

Thank you, Spencer.
shai-duck chapter 5 . 7/20/2009
I came across this story a few times before, almost a year ago I think.. It never occurred to me to review XP

I love Nyneave and Lan. Both of them are simply adorable in WoT. Lan is so sweet in his own way and Nyneave's hilarious when she gets worked up. They may not be my favorite pair (that title goes to Egwene and Gawyn XP) but they are a very close second..

Poor Elnore. Falling in love at sixteen must be hard and I'm sure Nyneave's words to her only made her feel even worse. You can hardly blame Nyneave though. She had no idea her daughter felt that way. Maric seems very soft-spoken and gentle. Why can't they just leave him be? I feel so sorry for him, being taunted like that.

Your portrayal of the characters is very good. Not many people can capture the essence of the Nyneave and Lan pairing but I believe that you have done just that, even incorporating their children into it.

I can hardly wait for the next update :)
FalseReflections chapter 5 . 7/17/2009
i love it i love it i love it. Do update soon.

Incidentally, when IS the last book coming out?

Lol. Keep writing and would like you to know that i am very surprised to meet a fanfic writer who is able to capture at least the essence of RJ's work. good job.
Vicious-Fluffy-Bunny-Llama chapter 5 . 4/19/2009
Great story
TERMINATE chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
I'm enjoying this story immensely - please continue!

Only I'd imagined that Maric would be the first-born, but each to their own :)

Your portrayal of the characters is very good, I salute you!
DS chapter 5 . 12/21/2008
Nynaeve is my favorite! I'm loving this story. I hope that you continue.
Blue Dragon chapter 5 . 11/14/2008
I've really enjoyed reading this, and I hope to see the next part soon.

The only thing which didn't agree with me was the "what's a trolloc"-comment... but oh well.

And yes, you did capture Nynaeve's voice well. An older and more balanced Nynaeve, even though she's pregnant. Which fits the story perfectly. Nice to see her worrying about her children instead of tugging her braid over "that bloody man", as she keeps doing throughout the books.
zebrasdancing chapter 5 . 11/2/2008
i like it. also. where is rand in all of this? please update
Jakie Marie chapter 5 . 9/16/2008
I love it! And props for the G.R.R. Martin references too. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Mahine chapter 5 . 9/15/2008
Awesome chapter as usual!

I heard that Universal has bought the film rights to WOT. Who would you have playing Lan? For some reason I can't get rid of an image of Hugh Jackman all rough and rugged out of my head!
Valar Morghulis chapter 5 . 9/15/2008
Great story. Nyneave has really mellowed out hasn't she - the guards only become frightened of her 'after' the mood swings start - whereas usually they are terrified from the very beginning. And Elnore continues the great tradition of bossy two rivers women (even though she wasn't born there, I think she takes after her mother that way).

Love the Joffrey reference. That fight scene is also very remniscent of Joffrey vs. Robb - was it Robb? think so - at the beginning of A Game of Thrones. Was that intentional?

I know it's been said before, but the descriptive writing is...magical. Yes. Just like Jordan.

Valar Morghulis
pennyante chapter 4 . 4/10/2008
I love this story; the interiority of the characters' lives makes them actually-particularly in terms of relationships-better-defined than they are in the actual books. You pick up on the latent tropes of interaction among characters, and with very able prose and an even hand delve a sight deeper.

Nynaeve and Lan have always been my favorites, and the world and future you've created for them is so believable and, because it's so very credible, is incredibly satisfying. That the whole family is well-characterized and each has an interesting problem is a huge, huge credit to you. This is probably my favorite WoT fic ever, and I really hope you keep updating!
Ginnia chapter 4 . 4/3/2008
I hope you put up that AU one shot where Nynaeve got to meet Lan's mother. Too bad that Robert Jorden's world doesn't leave a way for one to time course meeting someone you know is going to die would be very hard especally since it can't be changed. Of course there is the Foxes so one could wish to have known Lan's parents but one would have to wonder about what price one would have to pay for that wish. Don't worry about the sword forms. I don't know what each sword form is and since the books don't describe them I doubt many people know them. Maric should really learn the sword forms then beat Bashere in a duel. I really like this story so I hope you update it soon.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »