Reviews for Tennyson v Winchester
Fireman Phil chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
This is such an interesting approach to juxtapose lines of classic Tennyson with the life story of John Winchester. Tennyson's words are timeless and your descriptions are well-matched.

Is it really better to have loved and lost? Only if it was true love, because the loss is one from which there is no recovery. Or can lightning strike twice? Can you find true love more than once in a lifetime? Those are my questions.

It would be interesting to repeat this literary exercise with the works of other famous poets. My choice would be Robert Frost and his classic: "The Road Not Taken."

Congratulations on a fine piece.
Carikube chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
Beautiful, but so sad. I'm not sure what else to say, my thoughts seem overwhelmed by the sadness in my heart. That's not a bad thing. Good writing should make one feel... really feel. And this does. Well done.
Adara-chan67 chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
I really liked this. You picked a good poem for comparison-plus I got a lot of new quotes out of it, so thanks for that! And you wrote the guys *perfectly*. Plus that last line was *great*. Made *me* laugh, anyway. All in all, a great piece of writing!