Reviews for Sam's Independence Day
The Shinster chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Aw, I really liked this story. It has a sweet ending. Yay for Sam!
BettyHall223 chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
Just read this for the first time and enjoyed it very much. I'm re-reading some of your stories and am thoroughly enjoying the Alone series. Look forward to more of it.
katejones2005 chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
woohoo! great fic! very true to sam's character
LuSo chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
Wow! I think that describes it, it was my first thought anyway. Definetly not sufficient, although if i went into detail we could be here for rather a long time. But anyway i hope you like the review :)
SamJackShip chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
Just great! Nothing else to say! :o)
nogigglingmajor chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
Lovely, that wasn't part of the alone series was it? just checking so i don't get confused lol.
caligate chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
Very good and very thought provoking! Happy Independence Day!
Aria Rayn chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
Short 'n sweet :) Were Sam & Jack married on Independence Day?

I have to agree with Virago's points. Sorry, but as much as I love Sam & everything she stands for (strength, liberation, feminism, kindness, fairness) she totally SUCKS in the love department. Hansen & Shanahan are two prime examples. Then there's the train of admirers both alien and earth-born that's as long as the yellow brick road.

Otherwise: AW! _
Ilovesg1 chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
Magnificient. I have never read anything that captured who and what Sam Carter is as this has. All the years before, the rules and situations that have contributed to make this woman who is. Wonderful, thank you for a great word portrait of a remarkable woman.
SG-Fan chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
That was really good. Great job!

Happy 4th.
BallsBreaker chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
Interesting fic. But I disagree with you cause I think that Sam's relationships with Shanahan and Hanson weren't on her terms.

Both guys were confirmed control freaks, which alone excludes even a chance of Sam running the show. And she let it go on long enough to get engaged in both cases, because she didn't have a say. I think Sam started those relationships for some reason, perhaps loneliness or trying to move on, but quickly lost control over them to the men and then just went with the flow, not strong enough to make waves and to take control back. Which is why Hanson abused her until she had an accident (wasn't something said about a car crash?) and got the will to break it off. And that is why it took Jacob's death for her to break it off with Shanahan.

Shanahan dictated terms from the start. She had to tell him about her work, the programe, Stargate, he followed her around (the main trait of a control-obssessed personality, a stalker), he ran background checks (control freak proven again), he pressured her non-stop about revealing her work, they had sex on his terms, he decided they were to move in together, he bought the house without even consulting her, he decreed that they were to get a dog,... and Sam just went along with everything, until Jacob forced her to open her eyes and then died.

This is just a side note, but Shanahan had all the traits and the makings of an abuser and/or rapist. He had control, trust, obssessivness, possessivness, authority issues, he was a stalker,... he fitted the profile of an abuser and a rapist perfectly. And from (second hand) experience with this type of men I am completely sure he would be abusing Sam once he tied her to him completely.

What I've tried to say with this long monologue is, that Sam was never really in control of any romantic relationship except for the one with Jack.

On the other hand she had complete control of her relationship with Jack and it was completely on her terms. They never did anything cause she didn't want to. They left it in the room cause she decided so. They ended because she decided that Jack wasn't worthy of waiting for nor of effort and decided to move on with a younger model. And I am certain that if they EVER (I'm losing faith) get together on the show it will be on her terms as was everything else in their relationship.

Otherwise a great fic, but these were the two things I disagree with you.