Reviews for A Visit to the New Ward
Rilawa chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Wow it's really sweet. Never thought abt his parents b4. I feel sorry 4 his mum. At least she didn't live to see her son die.
Epitome of Randomness chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
That was such a poignant story. It was well written and well...perfect.
I-Put-Ppl-In-Ovens chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
wow...touching...i always wondered wht made Nat's mum abandon him and all...thnx for the explanation!

haha...o.O
Thorn In Your Side chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
...that...is...so...sad. i have a callous heart, or so every one i meet tells me, and even i was moved by tht. not to tears, i dont believe in the sanity of them, but i was...depressed. nice tho.
me-obviously chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
Wonderful. I like your writing style, very nice. And I do love how believable this is. Nathaniel was IC and this story ties in with canon nicely. Excellent job.
The Thirteenth Councilor chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
Beautifully written. I've wanted to do something about Nat's parents as well, but I'm having trouble concocting a plausible situation. This is believeable and not at all overdone - beautiful.
Drop Your Oboe chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
Oh, that's sad...

Stupid question: that's not the same Anne that was in the Resistance...?
AgiVega chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
Nat's mum... that was touching. Funny, apparently great minds think alike... ;)

Beautiful work, by the way. Heart-wrenchingly beautiful.
Musica Diabolos chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
Yes! I loved it! This is a topic that no one but me ever seems to think about, but this was amazing for me! Very sad and...perfect...
Jen chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
I liked this. I agree that present tense may not have been the best for you in this piece. There are times where you slip into past tense in secondary clauses. But all in all, I liked this.

Actually, I didn't find it that glaringly obvious- because I was sure that this Anne was actually Kitty. *blushes* The way you phrased the AN just seemed like it to me. And it wasn't until you went into detail about her family that I realized it must be his mom instead.

I enjoyed it. I think you might be the only one so far who's written about Nat's parents, and I love that fact. I really do want to know more about them, because we only learn a bit of them, and that's only in Nat's childhood point of view and as a five year-old, you don't really understand what's going on. And so I've always wondered and played around with the scenario myself and I'm so *thrilled* to see that someone else has actually writte on it. So thanks. *grins* Now maybe I'll actually get around to it myself.

Anyways, I wouldn't feel too bad about having trouble with present tense- it's a tricky tense and it takes a lot of practice to get right. Of course, once you get it right, I find that you tend to prefer it (I know I do). So just keep on practicing. And with the angst- it's also hard morphing your writing into a new fandom or genre, but I'm sure you'll get it. Good luck and I'd love to see more from you.