Reviews for The inevitable, logical result
Lori Jean chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
This was the first time I read the part II of this story.

Really a true logical result held on too. I am not really very good with my own expression. However, on a different note I thank you for something very different. After forty years of child raising, it is nice to bump into adult words again,even though I have to look them up to remember how to say them (my spelling is rather off also}. Thank you for your stories in more ways than one.
leneypoo chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
The title of this story is apt. I was reading Decision at Council and I knew that T'Lisel would challenge if her Sarumel was to be so adamant that she not leave to Starfleet. Had Sarumel allowed her to leave to Starfleet, perhaps none of this could have come to pass. Who knows? Amanda is a better person than I am because I really can't feel too badly. Girl did what she had to do, she made an attempt at getting her way without killing someone but in the end she didn't break any laws. I say let her be great.
VickyFromGreece chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
Fantastic story! I found Amanda's forced dilemma between the two different situations quite heart-breaking. But then again maybe they are not so different after all...

After many years of marriage his acceptance of some Human feelings and choises stands equally next to her acceptance of Vulcan reasoning. But THAT is indeed incompatible with his biology.

I had thought of that before, but I had not realised just HOW CRUEL it would be for both of them if he made the human option. I honestly never thought of that aspect, so thank you for such a profound "inevitable, logical result".

Sarek's line "Those who Challenge do not love, my wife" shows that he now knows what love is all about. Amanda is an excellent teacher but in this case I believe she wishes she was not.

You really spoil us readers with your talent.
fanficfan71 chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
You manage to get so much depth of feeling in your stories. I really enjoyed this one. Thanks.
Dingbat142001 chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
A great sequel. You wrote Amanda quite passionalty. Particularily love the bath scene. I also liked how subtly affectionate Sarek is.
bina W chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Hello. I once read this story along time ago. It was also tragic but well written. mThe challenge was only expected.

BINA
Shaharazod chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
Sarek's words "Those who challenge do not love" are the best words to sum up this story.
Rolletti chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
This is deep and oh so sad. Poor Sarumel, he didn't have a chance from the beginning. And poor Amanda condemed him to his death anyway. It would seem there was no right or wrong way to vote in order to save his life.

Wonderful story,Pat

Rolletti
sandsofvulcan chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
Wow! I didn't see that plot coming, but true to form you have created a very Vulcan (almost Romulan) solution to the problem. I like the idea that the young man knew going into Council that if his wife's petition was denied, she would challenge. It adds even more depth to Decision at Council. I also liked how Amanda's automatic comment of "Why didn't she just leave him?" echoed between she and Sarek throughout the story. Well done.
trecebo chapter 1 . 7/5/2006
*shakes head and laments* What else can I say? You bring these two to life so beautifully and in such color and detail. It is so amazing to me that you can plumb the depths of the culture and stay sane.
Firewolfe chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
Exellent as always Pat. I look forward to seeing more of your work and I especially look forward to Christmas Carol and the one with Spock , Mcoy and Kirk in it. The idea of a mystery with Amanda at the center is very interesting.

Thanks for the great work and please keep it coming along.

Lisa
Traci Bedard chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
Yet another amazing story to add to the collection!
jedi71 chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
The Challenge would seem to be the only logical way to end the marriage if the bond could not be broken any other way through mutual agreement. Thanks Ms. Foley for another great story. 7one