Reviews for Nightingale
LoreLorelei chapter 23 . 12/18/2014
I adored your story! It was simply splendid! I also liked the fact that Belle came from Belgium, my own country. I already know I will be rereading this one.
FIRE ELF MAIDEN chapter 23 . 8/7/2014
i really loved this FanFic. it was so worth reading it. great job.
Jamelia098 chapter 23 . 8/5/2014
Loved it! Wish it was longer :)
Wolf of the Western Woods chapter 23 . 7/18/2014
Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! the amount of research you did into the cultural aspects is stunning, the imagery you used was clear and breath taking, and you kept the sprit of the story in a completely different setting. Brava! Bravisima!
The Writer Cookie chapter 23 . 5/9/2014
Aww, I loved it. Thank you for the amazing story.
Just a note about your profile name. Are you Samoan? If so, hi fellow Pacific Islander! I'm from the Cook Islands myself.
Aaaand, yeah. That's it. Thanks again for the story.
The Writer Cookie chapter 3 . 5/8/2014
Lovin' it so far! I love stories about ancient Japan. The samurai and ninja in particular are awesome! I'm all good with the pronunciation; three cheers for anime! Woop woop woop!
I also love BatB, so to me anything that combines these two (and does it well, which you do) is great!
The thing that really pisses me off with some fanfics is that sometimes the plot is good, but the grammar and/or spelling is god awful. I am happy to report that this is definitely not the case here. The plot is good, the grammar is good, the spelling is good and overall it just seems quite well-written, to me anyway.
And now to read more!
Dagger-Seishin chapter 23 . 2/4/2014
i read this years ago and i still love it!
MoonKent chapter 23 . 10/15/2013
I really liked this version of the story! You made it very much your own, while still remaining true to the spirit of the movie. None of the characters ever felt flat, the scenery was beautifully described, the Japanese culture was perfectly referenced without being overly intrusive, and the writing was just plain good on top of that!

Perhaps my one complaint was the way that Belle let slip the details about the Beast and the oshiro. It seemed a little out of character for her to be so thoughtless. But I understand the needs of the plot sometimes outweigh the need for complete rationality.

All in all, I think this is my favorite AU of yours so far!
MoonKent chapter 20 . 10/15/2013
Thanks for giving us the names of the castles you were inspired by! It makes the story so much more real when we can visualize the settings in our heads.
MoonKent chapter 14 . 10/15/2013
Ah, the water bucket pranks were hilarious! I'm glad that you brought those back again.

And you're right about the time-frame in the movie. It's so hard to tell how long Belle was actually there. Long enough for them to fall in love and Beast's wolf-inflicted injury to heal, but yet Maurice couldn't have been lost in the woods for months, he would have died. Who knows...It's one of those things that you let slip to the side as you enjoy the movie.
MoonKent chapter 9 . 10/15/2013
I really like the way that you are making all the dialogue your own. It fits your versions of the characters very well, and never feels out of place. The Beast is very intriguing as well. He's very different than Disney's, but is as equally threatening and yet traces of the human can still be seen.
MoonKent chapter 3 . 10/15/2013
I like the fiery Belle! She's more fiesty than the Disney one, but it works great in this context.

I also think that you are doing a great job adding in the touches of Japanese language, without breaking the flow of the story.
MoonKent chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Ooo, I very much like the introduction in this chapter! It is such a perfect blend of the Japanese culture and Disney classic! I like that the Beast is not identical to his Disney counterpart, and is not just a spoiled brat, but considers Love to be unnecessary and beneath his interests. And the variation of having the rose combined with the sword is a beautiful visual. I look forward to the rest of this!
TheBloomingRose chapter 23 . 9/29/2013
Thank you for this wonderful story. I've always wondered what it would be like if our dear Belle were to fall in love with a cursed dragon in a foreign land, and you've constructed all the characters and the settings very well. My humblest gratitude.

On that note, since you seem to be lover of Japanese culture and foreign romance, there's a book you might enjoy reading about a young Porteguese/Welsh girl and a powerful Japanese daimyo who fall in love after her family's ship is attacked by a squad of his army. The book is called "Seabird of Sanematsu" by Kei Swanson. If you have any questions about it, ask me.

NOTE: I could so see Byakuya Kuchiki as Katsuro haha.

Ja ne!