Reviews for You Broke Him, You Fix Him
thebetawholived chapter 23 . 10/12/2015
Terribly, sickly-sweet and schmaltzy. However, it supports and flows with the story.

Poor, dear Draco. How he suffers!
thebetawholived chapter 17 . 10/12/2015
Draco is too old to truly change. He might flex under pressure, but he will 'snap back' to the same shape he was . . . unless he breaks.
thebetawholived chapter 9 . 10/11/2015
What!? No backyard flower beds!?

I bet he'd almost rather clean cauldrons.
thebetawholived chapter 8 . 10/11/2015
I don't know what I like more: the Order gaslighting Fudge's toady, or Snape's understanding of his current acting role.
thebetawholived chapter 7 . 10/11/2015
The author is doing a great job of setting up the situation . . . next chapter, all hell is going to break loose.

I didn't catch on to what is happening with Harry at first either. The author slipped that into the story very quietly, but it might very well be the power he knows not.

Great story!
thebetawholived chapter 5 . 10/11/2015
I can't remember laughing quite so hard in a long time.

The acting job that Tonks is performing is a thing of beauty. It's accentuated by the fact that this is actually a serious story.

I may never view breakfast the same way again.
missgsmith51 chapter 32 . 10/5/2015
"... No one here bears ill will to any other, except flame boy but his is nonspecific." Enquiring minds want to know ... What are Amicus's nicknames for the other kids? Pleeease?
missgsmith51 chapter 26 . 10/5/2015
I hope pleasant Hermione rather than annoying Hermione is the one making this trip. (IMO, annoying Hermione is the one who gets in Harry's face - peppering him and anyone else within reach with demands for information that is none of her business and not even shutting up long enough to hear the answers - and manages to make him feel like he is at fault for anything unpleasant that has happened to him, regardless of the circumstances. She bosses him around like Molly does with her kids. Please, leave THAT Hermione home.)

Personally, I think Severus, Harry, Lisa and her sister, Sirius, and Remus - all of whom are walking wounded, either physically or emotionally - could have benefitted from being there without Bossy, Jealous, and fan-girl. Harry needs time to truly bond with Sirius, Remus, and the Flamels, in addition to healing.

I wonder if Hermione will believe she is entitled to learn the special magics and knowledge Harry is learning from the Flamels. If told no, I expect to see some major sulking. This should be interesting. I actually think Neville and Charlie would be good candidates to visit, due to their respective interests in magical plants and animals.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 10/4/2015
Dolores Umbridge's name is really a play on words. Her first name sounds like "dolorous," which means causing pain or sorrow, or grievous, among other negative things. Even her actual name, Dolores, means sorrows. "Umbrage" means offense or annoyance (which she certainly is)! A character with her name has no chance of being positive.

I'm giggling maniacally at the "education" Snape is (hopefully) going to receive at the Dursleys' house. I hope Uncle Vernon is extra super "Dursley-ish" just for Snape. HeHe
mfbbc1980 chapter 16 . 10/1/2015
I know it's been almost 10 years since this was published, but I wanted to take the time anyway and say that I LOVE this fanfic. I disagree with the last reviewers comments about Harry being a wuss and the story not following canon. It's an AU story, that's the beauty of fanfic you can make your characters behave anyway you want. If all stories followed canon we'd have thousands of stories with the exact same outcome. I have worked with abused and neglected children and adults, I feel you captured that quite spot on. Also in canon Harry never really told anyone about his home life that could do something about it. I can imagine how different Harry's life would have been if he opened up about what was going on (and vague comments here and there DO NOT count). No matter how old a person who was abused mentally/physically become, they all want attention , love, and generally crave acceptance. This seems to be especially true in children. And no matter that Harry is 15, he still IS a child. Keep up the good work! I love your story!
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 9/8/2015
Tried to read this, started skimming, and finally gave it up as a bad job at about chapter 23.

The biggest problems are that Harry is a major wuss and everybody falls all over themselves to coddle seriously evil people and to forgive capital offenses.

It's also very annoying that the fic is dated long after HP6 but ignores or gets wrong various canon points, through HP6, without justification or cohesion. The chapters are often padded with too much irrelevant detail and overly schmaltzy.

The fic reeks of PC and doesn't compensate with sufficient: action, insight, meaty ideas, originality, and/or true emotional engagement (PC dogma tries to usurp such but never satisfies in the end).

The fic's not terrible, or I would have stopped at the first chapter. But it would be much better with most of the fluffy padding excised.
Alex chapter 7 . 9/5/2015
Snape's got a surprise coming, oh yes
Alex chapter 6 . 9/5/2015
This will be fun. Also I think the revenge on Snape may be a bit out of control, not that it's not hilarious
HikaruWinter chapter 8 . 8/21/2015
Ah, karma. You've got to love it.
(And Dobby. Dobby is always loved)
I am a Guest chapter 11 . 8/1/2015
To answer your question yes it is
2,663 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »