Reviews for Lip Service
mountainsong chapter 1 . 5/3
Mark's hand trailing on the back of Hardcastle's chair as he walks out of the den, almost but not touching the Judge, the tail end of his comment floating back to the man who is always there for him...that he wished his father was more like him. Awwwww...sniff. This moment and those heartfelt words, that couldn't be said face to face...just like I would imagine for these guys with the uncertainty each has with the place they hold in each other's heart. I admire how you captured this with Mark's movement out of the room, keeping things at a 'safe' distance while leaving no doubt what Hardcastle means to him. Loved it!
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
It is to bad Mark wasnt lucky to have really hadMilt for his father cause if he had he never would have been abandon and who knows how much the other parts of his past couldve been different.

Terrific story.

JeanneZ84
owlcroft chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
See, here we have McCormick blaming himself for being a normal five-year-old! It's just the way he perceives reality - life goes along, something bad happens, he figures out how he was at fault, life goes along again. Fortunately, he's got someone around now to give him a different perspective on things.

A very true-to-"life" scene, and the ending is just perfect (especially the disclaimer!)