Reviews for Partners in Crime
VStarTraveler chapter 6 . 6/9
Hi, Lydia,

Enjoying your HC story so much, I decided to try this one so this review covers the entire story.

I really enjoyed the animated series when it was playing in the early to mid '90s better even than the campy live action version of my childhood, so it was nice to see the characters more in line with that as you've continued them here. I was glad to see the mix of some of my favorites in your story, including Dr. Leslie T. and the then-new character Harley Q.

The relationship between Bruce and Selina and Batman and Catwoman was really well presented in this story. Bruce being two thirds of the love triangle got a great laugh, too! Similarly, the impromptu meeting of Barbara, Dick, and Selina brought a knowing smile at their not knowing everyone's secret identities.

Still, it's Bruce and Selina that carry the weight here, with an well presented plot and, if one can ignore the secret identity/superhero part, a believable love story. Fortunately, we can't ignore that part since it's so integral to the story, which makes it more fun, and in some cases for Bruce, cringeworthy. His doubting Selina cast some dark shadows until the true criminal was caught.

The only weak part of the story to me, and this was minor, was CopyCat's identity. Perhaps it wasn't logical since I didn't know the character but I counted on Bruce's hard luck with ladies; I'd feared that it was to be and hoped that it wouldn't, but there really weren't any other good candidates unless it was someone from the Rogues Gallery that had't been mentioned. As it was, I felt it was well handled and the story moved on without becoming bogged down at the added monkey wrench in Bruce and Selina's relationship.

Overall, this was a really good story and I'm glad I found and read it all these years after it was posted. Thanks for sharing.
Moonflower26 chapter 6 . 2/13/2016
Wonderful story! can't believe it was written more than 20 years ago.
bcbdrums chapter 6 . 9/13/2014
SPOILERS AHEAD!
great story! i've always wanted a quality bruce & selina story where it actually worked out between them. having the basis be bruce's recovering from andrea makes a lot of sense. the other tie-ins were neat too, though i'd have liked to have seen more of them... such as jim gordon and sarah essen, it would have been nice to have more heat from sarah put on batman. that would have added more tension than the joker's bomb, i think. since after selina finally agreed to be with bruce a lot of the interest of the story diminished... i was very surprised you brought andrea into it as the copycat burglar. i expected it to be sarah, since she was the one who you were spending time on initially. and i don't think andrea's love for bruce reached that level of obsession. but, that's just my opinion. it's still a great story and the greatest bruce/selina story i've read! it's incredibly in character and i can hear everyone speak their lines as if it were part of the show. thanks for the great read!
Soul93 chapter 6 . 1/15/2014
This was truly a wonderful read! Though I had some doubts about her mother, I'd thought she was dead after her talk with Elliot? Anywho, great story!
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 6 . 10/18/2012
Not quite how I envisioned the animated pair ending up, but it works.
abelard chapter 6 . 8/20/2012
SO. GREAT. omg, what a fantastically written batcat story!
Dr Moral chapter 6 . 9/20/2011
The best Fanfic Bat/CaT that I have read. Good work, is excellent.
Miss Heart chapter 6 . 9/20/2011
Beautiful, simply sublime, a true jewel.
clow-san chapter 6 . 9/6/2011
This is absolutely wonderful. I loved how you paced the stages of Selina and Bruce's relationship. It was a perfect blend of fluff, drama and tenderness. I loved the realism of it all.

The Bat and the Cat certainly deserves a happy ending and you did that. Great job.
Anonimo chapter 6 . 8/14/2011
He dejado la revision para el ultimo capitulo, porque la historia me ha tenido interesada todo el tiempo. Solo puedo decir que es una de las historias mejor escritas sobre la relacion Batman/ Catwoman que he leido hasta ahora. Muy apegada a la trama de los primeros capitulos de la serie animada con el toque exacto de romanticismo, aventura, intriga y es un excelente escritor, con una gran imaginacion. Ud ha transcrito lo que todo fan de la serie hubiese querido ver realmente. Gracias por hacernos soƱar que la relacion Bat/ Cat tiene futuro y hacer la vida de Bruce y Selina un poco mas agradable.
ni9htdreame12 chapter 6 . 1/5/2009
I absolutely love this fic. Its hard to find a good bat/cat fic. I hope that you'll continue to write more.
24isover chapter 6 . 7/7/2008
i really enjoyed this story. i know it's been out there for a while and so much has happened to bat/cat in the recent years. i'm glad there's still some good stories about them out there.

i really like that selina got over batman and fell for bruce.
Debbie J chapter 6 . 7/6/2008
What an awesome story. I loved reading this.
IamDLS chapter 6 . 5/28/2008
Excellent story. Batman and Catwoman are my favorite comics couple and you've written them a story worthy of them.

Maybe someday they can actually figure it all out in the comics without it being an alternate earth type of story. Stranger things have happened, right?
Sierra Blanca chapter 6 . 4/30/2008
Oh, I love this! *happy sigh* I like that the romance developed gradually between the two and that they still face obstacles even after marriage and children. I'm very happy to see your Selina is still very much Catwoman. Sometimes I read Bat/Cat stories where Selina is forced to change so much that she becomes unrecognizable. In your story she is still strong, smart and determined. I also loved how Leslie spoke to Bruce after his children were born. It makes it all the more poignant when thinking of how her character was tossed aside so cruelly in the comics a few years ago. I still can't fathom that.

Terrific work. Definitely a favorite!