Reviews for Magdelene, Maxims true love
leggylou chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
I don't get it. Are you by an chance American/
Blackpenny chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
Character derailment is really not a good idea, especially when so badly done.
macawtopia chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Have you read the book?

And I mean this in the nicest possible way... but honestly! Danvers is described as an old woman with a deathly pale face that reminded one of a skull. She also tried to convince the second Mrs. de Winter to jump out a window, and burned down Manderly. Not to mention being close to Rebecca; the slightly phycopathic woman who planned her own death in such a way, that Maxim would be sure to follow.

So, I, believe I'm completely justified in saying that this plot was truly messed up.
Odile chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
This junk is not worthy to be called fanfiction. Your characters act without reason, and have no emotion. Your grammar is atrocious. Also, this has no plot whatsoever.
J.K Singaporeans chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
Hey barbossalover, this is mineowyn here. I haven't read the Rebecca series, but I think your story's plot is an interesting avenue to develop. I think you shouldn't mind those narrow-minded bashers. Instead you should listen to the review by isalndmedievalwriter. I think a May-December romance can still work if you can manage to convince the reader that there is chemistry between the characters.

Or you can write it as a fluff piece like I've done with Snape's Potions Lessons I did way back in 2003/2004. Actually I think it was way more drammatic and provocative (esp the last few chapters) than yours is, but I got away with labelling it fluff.
Elandrial chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
This is, without a doubt, the worst fanfic I have read on this website. Dreadful. Really dreadful.
islandmedievalwriter chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
As a plot this seems interesting, though it needs developing. For example:

- Why did Lucy de Winter want for a divorce?

- How did the Maxim and Mrs Danvers' love develop? This is a big departure from both the book and film, so really needs explaining.

It would be worth developing scenes to explain these. Although you may know the answers to these questions, from a reader's point of view we need the answers.

Finally, your story will appear much better to readers if you proofread for spelling and grammar before you post it. Also, it is worth noting that when a different character speaks their speech should start on a new line. Finally, on spelling: Maxim's home is spelt Manderley, not Manderly.
Nyota chapter 1 . 5/9/2007
I liked it. I can see why some people have a problem with Mrs. Danvers and Maxim, because she was, as I remember (though I may be wrong) an old lady in the book, as well as a main villian. But you do say that you didn't base it on the book in the frist few lines.

I liked the part with the new housekeeper thinking that the candle sticks were stolen.

for your first fanfic, this was good (my first fanfiction I haven't even posted here because its so, well, bad)

keep writing!
RipperBlackstaff chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
O.O -.- O.O -.- O.O

This is... horrible... I dislike making a bad review but that story is... I don't even have a word !

Have you ever read the book ? Mrs Danver and Maxim ? Urgh !

And as if Mrs de Winter could ever stop loving Maxim !

Anyway, bad bad bad story !
Max chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
Ugh, what the f**k? This must be one of the worst stories on this page! I would write more, but reading this has given me the violent urge to throw up... Sick sick sick! Maxim and Mrs Danvers, that is SO wrong, I can't even tell you! Learn to write and read the fcking book!
Becki Black chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
wow nice twist..v unusual i like it please write more! and please read my story!
anonymous chapter 1 . 1/11/2007
This was just painfully terrible. Did you even read the book? Your characterizations are horrible, and spelling and punctuation too.
Princess Pat chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
Oh sweetie, don't give up your day job. First of all, Mrs. Danvers and Mr. DeWinter, I can tell you never read the book, did you not see the movie either? That pairing not only makes no sense, it's just WRONG. Aside from that, you've got the most soap-opera plot going on. It's far too over-dramatic and you aren't following the way any of the characters would act/speak. Mrs. Danvers is one of the best characters in literature, but are you aware that she's the villian?
READER chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
Uhh... this is awful. Spelling, grammar and punctuation are non-existant, and you have no plot. For openers, when one person speaks you should start a new paragraph, and it is "all right, not alright. What on earth were youu trying to prove here other than you can't write?

Darn - I was hoping for way better.