Reviews for Kenjutsu
CaylieJelly chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
This is just so real, so honest and so moving. You voice out Kaoru in her truest sense. Great job!
the.stories.live.on chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
This is one of the most heart-achingly beautiful interpretations of Kaoru I have ever found. I was frustrated to find Kaoru labeled "faux action girl" on TV Tropes, because I think she is one of the strongest characters in the series. I loved this story, and the way it explored her strength. Keep up the good work!
A Midsummer Night's Dream chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
Contradictions among contradictions. hmm...

I got a rather random thought of what would have happened if Kaoru was the Hitokiri while Kenshin is the Kenjutsu Princess.
openwindow chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
beautifully written! i absolutely LOVED it. faved!
MoonlitElegy chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Finally. I'm glad someone decided to write out Kaoru's thoughts not as whiney and choppy, but as mature and logical. I love how original this piece is; Kaoru's muse to herself is not at all OOC and the scene where she attempts make up is very likely.

What beautiful writing. :)
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
a profound statement. moving in its simple complexity.

a clear reflexion in a murky pool.

a pleasure,

ginny

kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
shirotora-san chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
...from the first word, i was drawn. and until the last, i was breathless. i have never read a fic that was so... so... honest. it's the one and only word that i've come up with to describe this masterpiece. :) i have always admired and related to and loved kaoru - she's the anime character dearest and closest to my heart. sometimes, though, i fail to find the words to explain why.

and that's why this fic seemed so honest. it reinforced all the reasons i loved kaoru and more. and when i was reading, it felt like i really was hearing kaoru speak.

thank you for sharing a wonderful piece. :)
Youkoforever chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
this is a pretty revealing piece about kaoru's personality..i never realized kamatari could be similar to kaoru like that...and i dont think even the nobuhiro watsuki put that much thought into kaoru's conscious thought like you did...overall great job!
Queeney chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
I really do like this story. I never thought about it this way before...
Second Storey Stairwell chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
This is the best oneshot I have ever read. It left me with a sort of flutter in my stomach, and I can't believe I found something so great on FanFiction. I absolutely loved it. You should right a full story along the lines of this one, but then again it might not have the same power behind it if drawn out. All I know is that this is a story that's going to be running circles in my head for a while.
nebulia chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
Yay! Someone else who thinks of Kaoru as a 3-D character!

I loved this-I thought it was perfectly Kaoru. And very, very good. For a StreamOfConsciousness!Fic, it was very, very well done, and surprisingly easy to follow (sometimes Streams of Consciousness are a tad confusing, as you know).

Anyway, good job! I liked it a lot. XD
MikaylaMae chapter 1 . 7/16/2006
Wow. I think that's all I can really say. This is most impressive.
alee-chan chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
Wow. This is a brilliant fanfic! You capture Kaoru's essence really well. Her character, her thoughts - the way that you portray Kaoru's thoughts is done well and not at all jumbled. Her contemplations are pretty deep but you also describe why she feels a certain way. Excellent work!
Ladolcemorte chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
Simply loved it.

All the ideas and thoughts were so well developed, that i was truly mesmerized by them.

Congratulations
Royal blueKitsune chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
*claps* I liked it very much. You describe Kaoru's feelings very well and I am rather impressed by your play of words.

It's possible that Kaoru's thoughts follow the same path and we don't know it. *grins* Very well done! You've got green light from me...mainly because I couldn't take my eyes of the screen while reading this.

*whistles innocently*