Reviews for RW Universe: The Mortal Realm
snaperdoodle chapter 54 . 6/18/2009
*Huffs* Where's the rest? *pokes* Great story...please finish? *puppy eyes*
EagleBlaze chapter 5 . 3/10/2006
Keep up the very good work!
Sassyanimegirl chapter 54 . 1/30/2006
I've been following this story for almost three years now...wow...time sure does fly! Everytime I see that you've added another chapter I drop everything (Jane Austen, Curriculum homework ect) and dive right in. I love your style and your original characters. I don't know if I have reviewed before, but I just wanted to let you know how wonderful reading your work has been and I can't wait to read more! Wishing you luck in all you do!

Alisha
C.C.Sharumun chapter 54 . 1/27/2006
I’ve actually been planning to write a review for this for over a month, but by the time I actually caught up, I was bogged down by school work and a number of other priorities so that it slipped my mind. Now, with this most recent update, I am again reminded of the task. But first:

Do you have any idea just how late I stayed up for several days and nights -in a row- just to get through this? The Sand Man hates you.

As for the review:

I’ve never been the fan of excessive cursing, but there a times in life when it just seems exceedingly appropriate to say, “Holy shit.” This would be one of them.

Holy shit.

Please, -please- tell me that you have some intention to take your talents and create something original one day, because it’s obvious your muse isn’t there for nothing. I mean, how often is it that one comes across I writer who manages to create a fan fiction that actually -reads- like a sequel to the original thing? It’s astounding. I’ve read several exceptional fan fictions before, but yours, by far, comes the closest to seeming like an unpublished chapter of the original saga.

If its actual storyline comments that you want, I’m not sure where to begin. Perhaps I should start with the fact that your “big picture” is amazingly big, and yet astoundingly you’ve managed to work out so many details of space between that I can’t help but think “masterpiece”. You’ve also gone through and expanded on the original characters to a degree that, for the majority of fan fiction authors, might be risky, yet you’ve done it believably, and the characters still retain their sense of self that was present during the TV series.

And these new characters. Where to begin? You’ve developed them magnificently so far; they seem real and tangible, and I actually care about them just as much as I do the originals. There are even things about them that I dislike, where with most stories it usually tends to be black and white. You’ve woven them so well into the story that they seem to have been a part of it from the first. I sometimes find that I get bored with chapters that focus soley on new characters, but yours have me on the edge of my seat, perhaps even more than some of those with interaction from the originals. -Good- -job-. Cookies to you. Lot’s of 'em. You do like cookies, right?

Then there’s the humor. It’s not quite the stuff that would cut it on "Saturday Night Live", or "Whose Line Is It Anyway?", but you’ve developed the world so much that the humor fits right in, and the reader can easily find amusement if he or she has read the whole thing through. My particularly favorite instance is when Sage is taking his bubble bath, and he thinks on bliss.

Then, of course, there is the whole subject of Tajhinn. Who wouldn’t love Tajhinn? I mean, look, I spelt the guy’s name right without having to look it up. And I’m terrible with names. Bloody terrible. But he is one awesome ma—dragon. Very, very awesome. He can be my king.

8D

Perhaps what has me so ecstatic is the fact that, not only are you talented with words and plot, but you really seem to appreciate what you’re creating. There’s nothing like the author’s own affections to bring a story to life, and it’s clear to me, especially in category somewhat dead in the case of fan fiction, that yours is there. Ronin Warriors is one of those animes that I watched when I was really young, and one which heavily influenced my resolve to be an author and illustrator by kicking my imagination into full swing. I’m elated to find that there’s a good peace of fiction out there to read.

You know what made me realize I needed to write a review for this in the first place? The fact that, after reading it, I was like, “Damn, I need to start working on my own stuff again.” And I’m a lazy ass. Lot’s of thoughts, ideas, plans, yet I yield very few results in comparison. I just did it again tonight-busted out with Microsoft Word and packet of plot and character notes, I mean-though granted its been a while since I read your update, but that’s when I thought, “Gee, let’s take a break from this chapter, since you’re not exactly sure how you want to introduce the next scene, and go type up that review you’ve been saying you’d do for months now. You know, you’re very bad at that—-the follow-through stuff. Very bad.”

So, there you have it. It’s 1:24 am, and I’m one and a quarter pages into Microsoft Word, size 10 font. I followed through; now go bask in the praise.
Tsimiko chapter 54 . 1/6/2006
YAY! NEW CHAPTER! Gah, each time you put out a new chapter I have to go back and skim, but my life has also gotten quite hectic so I know what's it like to not have time for pretty much anything you want to do. Yay for plot-chapters, which keep things moving. The lack of ronin's was a bit disappointing, but Leo! Not much to say context wise, just keep the story going! You've got quite the following going for you. . Keep up the good work, and send me the link to your Nanowrimo!
Little Fairy from Nam chapter 54 . 1/6/2006
Alright, I'm not gonna lie. I was a bit disappointed when reading. I was all excited for Roninness, but it did not happen. But I guess I can't complain too much because you have set up the next few chapters for lots of action. And even though it wasn't exactly what I wanted.. it was so well-written! I just don't understand how you do it.

It would be selfish of me to ask you to come out with something soon, considering everything else you're doing.. but I think you know what I'm thinking.
Unkown chapter 53 . 11/5/2005
Offline life can be a butt. I hope you find the time to update soon.
Ebben1 chapter 52 . 9/9/2005
Ah crap,

i finally got this chapter to upload and damn it all if i really do have to face the fact the dario;) is no longer among the living, has kicked the bucket, is pushing up daisies, six feet under...shit i liked 'im a lot. well what about ya know the 'coming back to life' idea? Headlines: Once-Dead Demon Miraculously shows up in Local Hotty's Bathtub... yeah

Anyway, least we still got maki and sage... *cheshire cat smile* oh yeah. telepathys just what the guys need.

awesome chappie. and dammit if GoodOmens isnt the best style for dry wit and wandering logic.

keep writting!
Ebben1 chapter 51 . 9/6/2005
...

...OH MY F*CKING GOD...

I leave the states for 3 BLOODY months and who should happen to update on a cosmic scale ! Aarrgh shitotally unbelievable that i just read all that creative genius.

...Ought to read it again just to enjoy the newness of it all *far off gleeful cackling*

ANyWays, I frickin love Darius, actually the entire Sage/Darius interaction is probably my favoritest segment out of the entire saga. Not that i minded those sage-ouchies, but here we see a character that really commands attention very bluntly. damn this is getting so fantastically complex. So, puweeze can i have some more o'Darius? with Sage too?

:) :) :)
K. A. Maples chapter 6 . 8/30/2005
Personally, I find Sage to be totally in the right here. Laura's attacks on him were largely uncalled for. Methinks she needs to take some anger management classes.
K. A. Maples chapter 3 . 8/29/2005
*offers Sage bandages and IBProfain* Tch. That should teach you to stand back.
K. A. Maples chapter 2 . 8/29/2005
Some men, obviously, do not have the sense God gave a lemming. *heads for the next chapter to see what happens to Sage-kun*
Unknown chapter 53 . 8/25/2005
Holy mother of cow tails. O_O I finially got through all the chapters. I've been meaning to read this for so long, and I'm not the least bit disappointed. I could spout praises all day, but, sadly, I have things to do... gah. Anyway, shweet. Oh, and Kento had better get a girlfriend. XD

Good Omens is an awesome book. I had to put it on hold due to my studies, but it is a very awesome book.

I love the Demon Lord. He needs a fan club. And cookies.
Little Fairy from Nam chapter 53 . 7/28/2005
Man, Panthera already summed up my review. So on with the unoriginality!

There was a lot of dialogue. It was a bit confusing at times, but I guess I thought that was because I read it at lightening speed (and then ran to calligraphy *cough*). It did clear up some things, though. And it was GOOD dialogue. (But I wouldn't expect anything less...)

ps- the last 2 lines made me gag. hair/fluff ball.

pss- i'm on your mailing list. i would stalk you, but I'm lazy. You're lucky. *wields furry curtain rod*

(Oh, and the Chinaness was for intensive language study. I almost died, but I'm back in America. Ticker tape parades ensued.)
JJ chapter 53 . 7/7/2005
:) omg i was so happy i was like YES YES YES YES SHE POSTED OMG YES YES YES YES so yah, i was excited. But not to much action :( but thats okay, :) we need those times of showing people whats happening between the people, not just fighting. lalala cant wait til next one!1 ahhahahaha