Reviews for Cold Comfort Mountain
GarniGal chapter 13 . 11/29/2006
Ahh, that's the stuff. I look forward to a chapter of this as much as I look forward to the new Harry Potter book!

This is a nice quiet chapter, things getting said that needed to be. Still lots of drama to come, I hope.
Morwen Tindomerel chapter 5 . 10/10/2006
How to say it? A thousand years ago, your kind of people burnt my kind of people?

It's been a thousand years, woman, get over it! They used to murder people like me and drive us out of the country but that was a long time ago on a whole 'nother planet. Got nothing to do with today in the 'Verse.
Morwen Tindomerel chapter 1 . 10/10/2006
Third time the com beeps, Mal’s voice snaps irritably.

“Jayne, get your damn butt up on the bridge.”

“Can’t it wait, Captain? I’m washin’ my wife.”

There is a short, possibly horrified, pause.

Now *that* is a geat opening. One can just imagine the look on Mal's face - his crew's sex lives is *not* something he wants to know about! :D
Morwen Tindomerel chapter 6 . 10/10/2006
Gotta love the Cobb family...and a blue collar middle class background for Jayne is very convincing, (isn't that Adam Baldwin's theory?)

A planet full of Jaynes eh - where do I buy a ticket? ;D
GarniGal chapter 12 . 10/9/2006
Aww, that was such a sweet chapter. I love how you humanized the crew of the Columbus - a very different look at the Alliance.
Morwen Tindomerel chapter 12 . 10/9/2006
"Stand by to be boarded - please."

I love it. This is so cute, including Captain Truetlen and his crew.
ElspethBates chapter 12 . 10/9/2006
I'm so glad to see you updated! Very funny! I loved the shirt!
debbieja chapter 12 . 10/9/2006
Seems things went in their favor for once. Ncie to see everyone shuffling their roles around while still keeping the air of family about them. Thank goodness the alliance wasn't smarter or that might have been a bit harder to pull off

ElspethBates chapter 11 . 9/25/2006
I just love this story! Your characters have so much life!
debbieja chapter 11 . 9/23/2006
Mal really better watch himself with the amount of people he's pissing off. I can't believe he's taking his anger out on others and feeling like he don't need to apologize just because he's captain. River also needs to realize its not fair to play with people's feelings just because they like her and the one she wants isn't paying her attention.

Jas-TheMaddTexan chapter 11 . 9/21/2006
Makin' my day, friend. Makin' my day.
ElspethBates chapter 10 . 9/6/2006
sneaky! I like it! River has more layers than an onion!
GarniGal chapter 10 . 9/3/2006
I think it's a good sign that I couldn't keep my lips from twitiching into a smile during that last scene. River is definitely getting better - 17 year old girls cause all the best trouble.

I'll just toddle off and reminisce over my own misspent youth...
lonelyeyedgrrl chapter 10 . 9/3/2006
I loved this chapter! I love that Mal still doesn't really know why he's jealous and I love that River thinks of the incident as a success :) Keep writing more please!
lonelyeyedgrrl chapter 9 . 8/24/2006
I really like this story! I can't wait to read more... I'd love to see more between River and Mal.

“A ship that flies by thought?” Mal snorts. “That’s...” Looks at River. “Huh.” This line made me laugh out loud.

And I love River's unexpected question at the end of the chapter. As I said can't wait for more!
70 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »