Reviews for Cold Comfort Mountain
debbieja chapter 9 . 8/24/2006
Mal is going to drive her to the young idiot if he doesn't start being nice to her. I can't believe River piloted them through the storm, although it's better than the alternative. Hopefully they'll stay out of danger for awhile

Debbie
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 9 . 8/23/2006
Ooh...neural interfacing gone bad...always love those moments in sci-fi;)

Definitely loved this chapter, SpaceAnJL...especially River's "Am I pretty?" line to Mal. Mal's response was: a) typical; and b) completely and utterly boob-like...but River had to have know that she was setting Mal up for a fall and her own pain. It's Mal! The man who doesn't like expressing feels unless he can do so through humour! The same man who makes Simon look relaxed and confident with conversing on sensitive topics!

espergirl04 chapter 9 . 8/23/2006
Good chapter!
ElspethBates chapter 9 . 8/23/2006
Wow... one of your best chapters yet! And that's REALLY saying something! It's been a long while since someone's taken me on a ride like that 'cause I was really in there! Thanks!
GarniGal chapter 9 . 8/23/2006
This story is great. I love Mal in this chapter - making the hard and unpleasant decisions, taking the abuse, getting himself in deeper.

So awesome!
espergirl04 chapter 8 . 8/16/2006
Love it! I'm guessing Inara left again? Please update soon :D
debbieja chapter 8 . 8/15/2006
oh crap sounds like they might be getting themselves into another situation finding that plane. I'm liking the chemistry between River and Jayne's nephew, although it had seemed like River and Mal were feeling things before. Still i think it would be good for River to be with someone closer to her own age ( and looking like Jayne doesn't hurt)

Debbie
Ted Sadler chapter 8 . 8/15/2006
"I steal from everything I have ever read", you say. Well, we all do, subconsciously or otherwise. The difference in your case is that your descriptive style and ability to add depth to the characters adds value to whatever went before. This is a very well-written piece, with just enough detail in almost every scene to make it memorable. Keep going!

Best wishes, Ted
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 8 . 8/15/2006
Huh...wonder if Mal is gonna want to shoot Bernoulli for sucking the crew into an Alliance black ops project. Cuz the fun over Miranda and River would probably be seen as bad enough;)

GarniGal chapter 7 . 8/11/2006
I'm a bad reader - I keep forgetting to review because you are on my Story Alert list.

I love this story. I love Larji, I love the Cobbs, I love the growing romances. It's incredibly well written - subtle and knowing all at once.
neptuneskiff chapter 6 . 8/4/2006
loved it, tyler on the shio with them -

*cough* moremalandriver *cough*
ElspethBates chapter 6 . 8/4/2006
This was a fun chapter! You have so many possibilities in front of you I can't imagine where you're going next... but the interplay I see coming between Tyler and River is really going to be entertaining!
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 6 . 8/3/2006
Ah...so Tyler's come aboard for some rollicking adventure, huh? Well now...gonna be some epiphany moments to come with Jayne and Tyler, cuz Jayne's musings on Canton and the Mudder who sacrificed his life for Jayne probably are just the tip of the iceberg:)

Great stuff once again, SpaceAnJL...definitely waiting with baited breath for part 7:D

PonyXpressinc chapter 5 . 7/29/2006
I have really been enjoying this.

“Best dance in the whole ‘Verse.” Ah she says that now, waiting patiently for her to learn other dances.

As usual everything is beautifully expressed.

Regards

P
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 5 . 7/28/2006
Oh...this doesn't bode well, does it? Gotta wonder who the mystery figure. Hope it's one of Jayne's young relatives looking for a new life or something. Don't need no crazy hundans or pofus making trouble;)

70 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »