Reviews for Cold Comfort Mountain
pengwin-jibberish chapter 5 . 7/28/2006
Eep! must have more soon to satidfy my rampant curiousity.

I really enjoyed this chapter. I loved seeing the family relationships and how they enteracted with each other. I'l be eagerly awaiting more.
brave lil lion chapter 5 . 7/28/2006
woah. so Ilargia's a Wiccan? huh. when she started fussin' I had her pegged for Jewfolk. G-d knows I get antsy in churches for the same reason :-D.
ElspethBates chapter 5 . 7/28/2006
Oh... great ending! It gives great hope for another story! I really like the 'Gia and I think I've told you before I think you have come up with a character that really fits in with everyone! I look forward to seeing what else you come up with!
dragongrrl chapter 5 . 7/28/2006
As always, an excellent chapter, SpaceAnJl.

Nice one-on-one time between Mal and his lil' albatross. I liked that you provided the waitresses' prospective on what a fine specimen of manliness Captain Reynolds is. I also loved all of the Cobb family scenes. Really good stuff. I totally identified with Larji re: attending church. The family dinner was an eye-opener for poor Ilargia, as demonstrated by her little meltdown afterward. Jayne is so tender and understanding with her. It's true love. Sigh.

A little mean of you to end the chapter with a cliffhanger like that, SpaceAnJl! However, I'm thinking their stowaway is Tyler. He shares more with his Uncle Jayne than looks alone it would seem. He wants off Deadwood, too! Thanks for continuing to enthrall me with your truly excellent writing. Like another reviewer said, when I read your stories, I feel like "Firefly" is still alive and well. Please post again soon.

dragongrrl
neptuneskiff chapter 5 . 7/28/2006
Oh scary end... du du duh. Though actually I'm hoping it's Tyler but who knows?

Oh and I'm really liking the RiverMal parts. :)
internet weaver chapter 5 . 7/28/2006
Uh oh...

I think it'd be interesting if the WHOLE crew came to visit the Cobbs. They'd like Mal, Kaylee, but dislike Zoe, Simon, and River.
ArtemisPrime chapter 4 . 7/26/2006
I commented over at but wanted to add a bit here, too. I found one of the most touching moments to be when Jayne speaks to his father about taking care of Gia if something happens to him. You wrote it in true Jayne fashion. But it also got me thinking two things: what if something happened to her and are you foreshadowing something? I also wonder if your next series will have Jayne meeting her folks.

I also wanted to say that though I found the idea of Mal and River unappealing before, you have convinced me that it could work, at least as a first love for River and a bit of hope for Mal.

Please continue with the wonderful writing style and plots.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 4 . 7/26/2006
Only Simon could make going to the movies with a beautiful woman into a sociological and nutrional lecture...even if only in his head;)

Amazing stuff here once again, SpaceAnJL:D

BEB
ElspethBates chapter 4 . 7/26/2006
Shopping and dinner dates... and a picnic to boot! Yet another great chapter!
Jas-TheMaddTexan chapter 4 . 7/26/2006
how cute.
Asamsaktha chapter 4 . 7/26/2006
Thanks for updating!
internet weaver chapter 3 . 7/23/2006
home, in a story. This is the perfect description of what it feels to return home after being away for such a long time.
dragongrrl chapter 3 . 7/14/2006
Simply wonderful, SpaceAnJl (and that goes for all three chapters). I was very happy to see another Jayne/Larji-centric story from you because I really enjoyed "Zen and the Art of Mecenary Maintenance." (One day, I will get around to reviewing the penultimate chapter of that most excellent fanfic.)

I can practically see Ray, Carrie, and Mattie. As always, your gift for descriptive prose and interior dialog slays me. I also love the way you juxtaposed the Ilargia/Carrie tete-a-tete with a Jayne POV. To wit:

“He was a perfect gentleman.”

Carrie snorts.

“That’d be a first. He’s been a sore torment all his life. Playing hookey, and fightin’, even in kindergarten.”

Ilargia imagines a small Jayne, grins.

“But I expect he was adorable.”

“He was.” Carries sighs, grins back. “A limb of Satan, but he had such big blue eyes, and the sweetest curls...”

“Do you have any pictures?”

(Jayne, unaware that he has just been most dreadfully betrayed, carries a round of drinks back to the table.)

Funny!

Keep up the good work, and thanks eversomuch for sharing, SpaceAnJl.

dragongrrl
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 3 . 7/13/2006
Oh...ya gotta love homecomings...especially ones involving Jayne;)

This was some might fine and hilarious stuff here, SpaceAnJL. Can't wait for part 4:D

BEB
ArtemisPrime chapter 3 . 7/13/2006
A nice little slice of Cobb family pie. I can just picture Carrie looking at Larji with a bit of distrust, curiosity and remorse (the woman who stole her son from him), but Larji's tough and held her own. It's also interesting to see that Carrie is tough herself and it partly explains how Jayne could be attracted to that in Larji.

I also liked that you continued the "peach" reference from Another Girl. I'm curious to see how the rest of the town is going to respond to the wayward son becoming respectable with a wife. Also, I loved Mal's wedding gift.
70 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »