Reviews for A Thermos for Valerie
Manetee1122 chapter 12 . 7/10
What no more? Omg please finish this it's amazing!
neeniya chapter 12 . 6/25
Danny's reasoning is far more than I thought it'd be. I just thought he'd want to tell her cuz he was tired of being beat up and he knew she'd find out eventually, most likely right after gunning him down. But wow, Danny boy looking out for the future.
But now he's got another ally and he's gonna kick ghost butt like never before!

Really good fic. I loved Danny's contemplation of the universe there. Especially the thought of whether or not two ghosts in a thermos would blend together or just be squished.
Karen1313 chapter 12 . 2/16
I love this story. It was beautifully written and the transitions were smooth but not rushed. Excellent work! :D
Auua Ytjoml chapter 11 . 10/10/2013
I just love the ending to this chapter. No matter how many times's I've read it it still gets me; coming as one of those warm fuzzy surprises that you know is coming and yet still manage to make you shriek (or gasp or laugh or whatever you do - I was going for the Christmas analogy) for joy. Great job!
God Bless!
Auua
DiscordianSamba chapter 3 . 3/28/2013
Oh wow, you write Valerie and Danny very well. Going on to read more of this for sure, it's great!
Lizzhugsturtles chapter 6 . 6/30/2012
Wow. I like this
Pinnatus chapter 12 . 4/5/2012
Definitely one of my favorite fics ever! I love how you took the idea that Danny's obsession is not to become evil and if he does become evil to ensure he can't bring any harm. Using Valerie as a plot device in combination with his secret and forgiveness makes everything work brilliantly. I can't stop marveling at your genius!

So well-written and really flows like a are so many positive things that make this story work. Danny encounters problems and things don't go as planned. Valerie is believable because she doesn't forgive him right away. Jazz is so IC and would definitely be scolding Danny and quoting some egg head.

It had just the right amount of sarcasm, character development, suspense and surprise. You really used 1st person POV to your advantage.

Keep up the great work!
Murazor chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
I liked the story a great deal, particularly the exploration of Danny's foibles and his having an actual reason for giving Valerie the Thermos, beyond simple honesty and friendship.

Because giving her that thing and trusting her was the decent thing to do, but giving her something Just In Case is also the smart thing to do (TM).
Lady GryphonInia chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
AWESOME! :D
Vague Apparitions chapter 12 . 12/4/2010
Ack. This was awesome.

- Vague.
anonymous baka chapter 7 . 11/1/2010
Second verse, the same as the first;

a little bit louder, a little bit worse.

That would be HILARIOUS if Danny sang that to Val.

Or if Tucker locked Danny in a ghost shield and sang until he went insane... wow i'm so mean _
cattychan09 chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
(Loudly and off-key, while splashing)

I'm picking out a Thermos for you

Not an ordinary thermos for you

But the extra best thermos you can buy

with vinyl

and stripes

and a cup built right in!

I'm picking out a Thermos for you

And maybe a barometer too.

And what else can I buy,

so on me you will rely,

a rear-end thermometer too.

-Steve Martin (as Navin R. Johnson in "The Jerk")
TheSixthSin chapter 4 . 5/28/2010
Well, at least your half right. Ghosts can't die, but they can fade. Like humans use blood to live, paranormal beings need ectoplasm to remain in a stable form. If they lose enough ectoplasm, they're gone. Other than that the story is good so far...Oh, yeah! The ghost dog's name is Cujo (see the part where Phantom throws Cujo back in the portal). You know? Like Stephen King's Cujo? Sorry, horror humor. Comes with the whole goth thing... Anyways, like I said, It's good so far. Oh, and sorry for this rant! _
Alluring Alliteration chapter 12 . 2/6/2010
This is really good. At the end of the last chapter, where you asked " don't you turst her" in my head I was going "hell no!", but I'm glad you have more faith in her than I do. Anyway, great job. PS. Valerie's plan totally kicked Danny's plan's butt.
Donteatacowman chapter 11 . 2/5/2010
Oh my. I've read this before, and liked it a lot then, but somehow managed to skip the significange of these few lines:

I had met Valerie– strong, responsible, adult Valerie– amid the smoking ruins of Amity Park, ten years in the future... She is the one person I can count on to be ruthless enough to do what may someday need to be done.

I trust her. And this time, she has a Thermos.

Wow. Um, geez. And all those other surprise-conveying words. So THAT's why Danny was so obsessed with that Thermos. He was afraid of his possible-evil-future-self, and Valerie having no Thermos to trap him in. Amazing twist. Great job.

Thanks for writing!