Reviews for The Arrow
Guest chapter 1 . 4/4/2015
elves just don't kill other elves. humans are murderous creatures- how many times have we killed others of our own? elves, however- apart from the first age massacres, they don't kill their own kind. even accidentally...

Stormcutter684 chapter 2 . 1/15/2015
Aw, poor Gurel. He committed suicide? Horrible. Did he ever consider what that would do to Legolas, to make Legolas think he had killed one of his own kind?
Mm. In the end I am glad Legolas didn't kill anyone. Can't imagine that!
And I like the best friend/ brotherly fluff in this story. It's so sweet!
sassyfriend chapter 2 . 11/8/2013
Please do a story where Aragorn ends up having cancer.
sassyfriend chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
Poor all
animepercystyle chapter 2 . 6/2/2013
I love it! 3
animepercystyle chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
I think it half qualifies. I love the story, and I'll find out shortly whether it really was Legolas's accident (which I highly doubt- after the first few seconds, my brain began thinking up possible explanations!) or not! Because luckily the other chapter is out now!
Guest chapter 2 . 2/20/2013
*long sigh*
that was such a SAD story very deep and emotional
made me cry, and I NEVER cry
Thanks so much
Sajna18 chapter 2 . 1/26/2013
Poor Legolas I cold not imagine how terrible that would feel. Wonderful story very well written.
MelanisticLeopard chapter 2 . 10/23/2011
That was pretty good for one of your shorter stories... what an interesting concept. That'll definitely stick in everyone's minds! I'm surprised they all survived as long as they did. You've gotta pay attention in battle. I do think that Legolas still has that habit of jumping to conclusions, even though he was justified. Very well told, in all. & once again, the Aragorn/Legolas relationship is amazing, it's so deep!
CosmicEssence chapter 2 . 7/20/2011
Well, I read this thinking I was rereading it since I thought this was one of the ones I'd already read of yours...turns out it wasn't. No biggie!

The whole inattentiveness and carelessness in the middle of the battle was kinda amusing really. Although reactions to the arrow being where it was was perhaps my favourite part. Aragorn's reaction was especially good, though Legolas' was also. I think you had this one expand very well and the reason why Legolas wasn't at fault also well explained. Cheers!
LisaG16 chapter 2 . 3/19/2011
wow...what a terrible burden of guilt to load on Legolas' shoulders...good thing Aragorn was able to discern the truth. Perhaps Gurel also thought by committing suicide, he could be with his murdered family again...I hope so. :(
Chewiecotton chapter 2 . 1/13/2011
Poor guys I loved this story
ElvenStrife chapter 2 . 3/20/2009
Hi...again XD

I'm addicted to your writing style! OMG, you evoke so much emotion, it is just incredible! This story was so sad *sniffles* You had my heart breaking for Legolas! Oh, how he must have felt! I don't think it's absurd to have Gurel commit suicide...after all he had been did it so well! His tragic, you are just so amazing :)

The bit at the end where Legolas says he won't use the bow again...I was just kind of blinking at the screen for awhile to hold back the tears...I understand completely why he wouldn't want to use the weapon again, but it is still just so sad.

I love the way you write emotion. and the friendship between Aragorn and Legolas too! You'd have to be one of the best friendship writers I've ever read, if not THE best, again, it's just so amazing! The way he believed in Legolas, helping him through the touching. You are such an awesome writer :)

Thanks so much for gracing us readers with your terrific talent!
fangirl29 chapter 2 . 12/9/2008
I know it's a couple of years too late but I only started reading LOTR fanfic recently and Legolas angst is my favorite. You write beautifully well. Thank you for sharing
Kirsten-B chapter 2 . 6/28/2007
I really did like this one. After your A/N you had me wondering for a moment, whether Legolas really had made a mistake, however unlikely that would have been.

I'm glad, though, that it really wasn't his fault, for the mere fact of Gûrel's death has him troubled enough (imo).