Reviews for In The Flesh
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 4 . 11/10/2012
An EXCELLENT ‘sequel’ to ‘Out of Their Minds’ to say the least.
Not only do you perfectly capture the characters at this point in the series- particularly regarding Pilot’s silence over the recent encounter with the Builders-, but your explanation for the return of the Halosian ship and the consequences of their new attack are superbly handled, particularly regarding your exploration of how Pilot copes in a body that he can actually handle physically while still being significantly more limited mentally than what he is used to, to say nothing of his exceptionally-analysed reaction to finding himself operating outside of his chamber even if he’s still in Moya.
Subsequent developments as Pilot finds himself forced to take action are well-handled, keeping his actions in character for his experience in such a situation without relying TOO heavily on blind luck or incompetence on the part of the pirates, and the twist with Chiana’s reaction to the swap is excellent (I might wish she’d had more to say, but considering the circumstances her silence makes perfect sense; it’s not like we can expect something Moya’s size to be remotely comfortable in Chiana’s body), as well as giving the crew an added incentive to take action as quickly as possible.
All in all, an excellent plot where the only ‘let-down’ is a completely natural development caused by Moya’s inability to do anything in such a limited form, and is more than compensated for by Pilot’s superb chance to shine; keep up the good work!
CatGirlFireflare chapter 4 . 10/6/2012
EPICALLY FANTASTICAL! I LOVED IT! i'm so impressed with the complexity of the plan and how you got their personalities almost the same as in the show! Plus, i'm EXTREMELY happy pilot gets the recognition he deserves
Rel Fexive chapter 1 . 2/13/2002
Hehey! Nice reintroduction of the bodyswap; you really get the feel this is how it would go!

That Pilot, he sure is a clever beggar ain't he? I bet this one's on FaDoP... [looks at another screen] Yup! Thought so!

Top marks! Five stars (including Huey, Duey and Louey) for this one.

-Rel-
Gok chapter 4 . 1/1/2002
Very cool. I liked it! More?
Ennixeve chapter 1 . 12/24/2001
Hey Jess! I read this a while back but forgot how totally stunning it is! Brilliant idea, great characterisation and amazing description. Can't wait for your next piece!

Eve :-)
Dyl chapter 1 . 12/23/2001
That was fantastic! I'll make sure everyone reads your stuff. Reminded me of a Die Hard movie. I can see it now, 'Pilot II: This Time it's Personal'.

Really, well written. The whole Moya-Chiana idea was inspired.

I'll read your other fics, and review them, as well.

Go Pilot!
Mandy da Kitty chapter 4 . 12/21/2001
Wow! I'm surprised there aren't a lot more raving reviews about this story. I love it! I've always been a huge Pilot fan, and this story really brings out his character. I also like the idea of haveing Chiana and Moya switch bodies... Very cool. Love it.
c chapter 4 . 6/4/2001
way to go pilot! you totally kissed their frelling a**es! good story!
j chapter 4 . 6/3/2001
that was way totally cute
angie chapter 4 . 6/2/2001