Reviews for Butterflies
TheCaptian chapter 36 . 7/29/2011
Much needed closure. I feel like I'm taking up all kinds of room in the reviews section, but lemme say my peace.

LOVED THIS STORY more than words can describe. Thank all you gals so much for this. I know you wrote this all awhile ago, but it's words are just as relevant today.

Adam telling Helen he loved her just made me melt. How incredibly sweet. And all the tense words between Bonnie/Joan/Adam were all very in character. Thank you all!

Fantastic job. :)
TheCaptian chapter 31 . 7/27/2011
Love. Love. Love. Love. I'm almost tearing up that I'm nearing the end of this epic collection of fantastic Adam/Joan-ness. I'm sure the time is nearly impossible to come by, but I would sincerely love it if this story could continue. I would be forever in debt to whoever decides to continue JoA through fanfiction. :)

Only complaint: I was insanely bummed that we didn't get to see Helen take care of a sick Adam. I'm such a sucker for that boy, I really wanted to see motherly Helen taking care of him.

Other than that, I'm enjoying this story more than words can say. Authors please know that I am TREASURING the last few chapters I have left. Great work Deb and TeeJay! (And Laura for this last chapter.) :)

one question though. ..altoids?
TheCaptian chapter 23 . 7/24/2011
I LOVE THIS STORY! I keep forgetting to get online and review, Ive been reading this my iphone and I always forget. Anyway, brilliant and completely heartfelt. It's all so easy to believe and I find myself soaking it all up, missing the JoA days soo much. I will be sooooo sad when I finish this fanfic, I've read several of your others, (I plan to read them all) but this one has definitely been my favorite! I absolutely love the Adam/Helen dynamic, I've always loved those too together, and I LOVED when she first told him to call her Helen. Adorable! I've also enjoyed the few Adam/Grace scenes, they are just soo cute together, and I love to hear about their childhoods together. In the two extreme times that Joan and Adam have been 'disconnected' Ive been absolutely heartsick for them. Wonderful collaboration all around. Fantastic writing! :)
Moondanser83 chapter 3 . 9/22/2009
This story just keeps getting better and better. I admit, I had a hard time at first picturing Adam drunk (or even drinking for that matter) but as we went on it became obvious that it was still Adam, just a little looser in the lips. LOL

I must say the best line from this chapter was:

"Yeah, and tomorrow I'll be sober again but you'll still be beautiful."

In that one sentence you discribed the entire Adam/Joan dynamic, no matter how much time or distance between them.. and I think it is a like that will stick with Joan... at least I hope so ;)

I'm so glad you brought Grace in here. I've always loved her character and the fact that she was there for Adam no matter what. You did a wonderful job capturing her essence and from the moment Grace answered the door she was perfectly in charater.

This story has become so addicting so quickly I'm still in a state of shock.

Can't wait to see what you guys throw at me next!

Much Love

Moondanser83 chapter 2 . 9/22/2009
*sob - gulp*

Oh Deb why do you do this to me.

That story was beautiful and sad... The details were spot on and I loved that you mentioned about Price stealing Adam's musical talents.

The one line that really got to me was:

"There were blacks and grays in love. And deep, deep reds. But the color of today was just a tepid shade of... nothing. A world where the lights had gone out and life had bled away."

Its perfect. It suits the situation as well as the story of Joan and Adam's relationship. This line brought more then one tear to my eye, and is one of those that will stay with me always..

Thank you for that.

Moveing on to chapter 3!

Much Love

Moondanser83 chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
*Sniffle* I knew I would need tissues for this story, but I wasn't expecting to be hit with it right at the begining.

Poor Adam. The boy just can't catch a break. I'm so glad it's been long enough for Joan to be able to be there for him no questions asked.

Love the butterflies in her stomach at the end of the chapter, can't wait to see what she does about them!

Off to the next chapter!

Great start!

Evil lobster girl chapter 30 . 12/24/2007
Just read the last chapter. Great plot. You have to update soon. I know the reviews are kinda few but that's just because this site is nearly dead. Please update soon.
Evil lobster girl chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
I just read the first chapter and it's so sad but in a lovely way. The characterisation is really good especially considering that the events are so far removed from the realms of the show that there was definite potential for OOCism but you steered right away from it. So cool.
JustMe10012001 chapter 32 . 8/23/2007
I'm not really submitting a review here, since I've reviewed every chapter since I recently started reading this on the unexpurgated version.

I just wanted to tell one of the other reviewers (dnalalal) that this story has several prequels. In one of these, sisterdebmac's "Haircut", Joan and Adam did finally get around to discussing the events that lead up to their breakup and Adam's liason with Bonnie.

It makes sense to me that, finally having achieved their much-desired and hard won reconciliation, Adam and Joan wouldn't care to go back down that long and exceedingly painful road again.

If you'd like to read this prequel, here is the link:
CharlesTheBold chapter 31 . 8/3/2007
I take back my complaint about the bar in the previous chapter - you did explain why Grace was there, and I wasn't reading closely enough.
CharlesTheBold chapter 30 . 7/19/2007
Good chapter, particularly bringing in the diary from Crazy Camp to remind us of a past Joan so different from the grown-up "wife" we're seeing now.

Couple of questions, both regarding the Grace subplot:

(1) Why would Grace go to a bar in the first place, when she doesn't drink herself and gets upset at seeing drunks who remind her of her mother? Did her girlfriend insist on going?

(2) Is the pharameutical treatment a fictional one, supposedly to be invented between now and 2010?
Mika chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
love it!

update soon. jeez you guys have talent! thanks for the update. can't wait for the new chapter.
CharlesTheBold chapter 29 . 7/1/2007
About the literary references - nice touch, treating a future movie (LOVELY BONES) as being in the past because we're in 2010. I recognized the quote from LION, WITCH, and WARDROBE. Was that "Judging Amy" at the beginning of the chapter?
Lauren chapter 23 . 4/9/2007
Excellent Guys. I love how the story has progressed and how the characters keep developing. Keep up the great work and I hope that you will update soon.
dnalalal chapter 23 . 3/2/2007
Hi,

I stumbled across this story yesterday. I don't normally read JoA fic, but every once in a while I get a craving to come back and visit one of my all time favourite pairings.

It's not a little over 24 hours later and I've completely devoured every chapter you have here.

This story is excellent. I really truly enjoyed it. I think it's amazing that two authors have come together to create something so cohesive. To be perfectly honest, I can't tell you apart, and that does wonders for the flow of the story.

This is a really powerful, moving story, and you've touched on some really deep topics in a thoughtful, realistic way. That's the real key: to me this story is 100% realistic. It doesn't seem to have any of the gimmicks of your average fanfic, it's just telling a true story of two people in love in a hard world - and yet shows that sort of hopeful, bright side of everything.

You've made me fall back in love with Adam and remember all the reasons I was so wrapped up in him when the show was on. I was also really happy to see that you didn't just ignore the God side of things, and it was nice to see Cute God pop in there and I'd love to hear more on those lines. This story feels like it could end at any time, but there is a wealth of stories to tell here.. and so for as long as you are willing to continue writing it, I really think I will enjoy reading it )

The only thing I think this story is missing.. and this is not a complaint, or a prompt, I am just trying to be a well-rounded reviewer.. is some sort of revisiting of their high school break up and all that went on with them at that time. It's not so much that I feel like that wound still affects them, because I think the connection you formed over Adam's father's death sort of transcended that - but more so that one day I believe Joan deserves an explanation.

Anyway, aside from the brilliant plot, the excellent writing, just the overall beauty of this story - most of all I love the romantic heart of it, and I truly truly appreciate all the work you have done to share it )