Reviews for By Fives
amr56 chapter 3 . 6/11/2015
This was heartbreaking, really. It's too bad you never posted his twentieth birthday, but thanks for posting what you did write. Really well done.
DinMazy chapter 3 . 1/15/2015
Opalish,
may I write a story off of one of your lines please?
the line is "we won't give you the answers wasn't so very far from don't ask questions, and keep your nose clean was starting to sound a lot like be quiet and pretend you don exist."
I have what I think is a great idea if you'll let me do it... :)
-DinMazy
What Came First chapter 3 . 3/30/2014
I found the comparison to the cupboard and being shut out of the wizarding world very cleaver, can't wait to see how it changes at his 20th birthday
moonprincess97524 chapter 3 . 10/26/2013
wonderful.
JJayGurl chapter 2 . 10/26/2013
:'( I feel like crying
JJayGurl chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
So depressing! Poor Harry!
GuidingHand chapter 3 . 7/18/2013
I really appreciated this comparison:

We won't give you the answers wasn't so very far from don't ask questions, and keep your nose clean was starting to sound a lot like be quiet and pretend you don't exist.
breathe-the-ocean-calls chapter 3 . 6/30/2013
You are simply amazing. This is absolutely perfect. I felt so angry and frustrated reading that I wanted to rip something apart.
breathe-the-ocean-calls chapter 2 . 6/30/2013
You said you hated this chapter. That read so effortlessly and fit so well I would never have had guessed!
breathe-the-ocean-calls chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
Aw god no. That broke my heart.
The Shadowless Nuance chapter 3 . 4/12/2013
I really like the comparisons you draw from the Dursleys to the order in his fifth year. I'd never really thought about it that way, but it does make a startling amount of sense. I really enjoyed this, bitter and heart breaking as it was and really feel you captured an essential part of Harry on this piece.
JJayGurl chapter 3 . 9/8/2012
" wondering if that's really how everyone saw him, like some miracle child who'd pop in and solve a few problems and then disappear when he wasn't needed. Like a little boy who'd leave his cupboard long enough to finish the chores before being unceremoniously returned to his prison under the stairs."

I've never realised this, but it's true isn't it? This is such a moving story, I suppose it's too much to ask you for the next chapter?
Vuurvlieg chapter 3 . 4/6/2012
I kinda want there to be a next chapter. Maybe one about a 5th year in which Harry keeps that mindset, keeps in mind the way that people treat him and responds in kind... This story isn't tagged with 'complete' so... any chance?
anonymous chapter 3 . 1/29/2012
this is good.I like UPDATE!PLEASE!