Reviews for Before the Tower
StrifeLockheartDeliveryService chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
Aw. The ending seems sad but I liked it. x) I never considered the fact that Colette knew about Kratos the whole time. But good work! :) You kept the characters...in character. xD Cute story.
Lil-Samuu chapter 1 . 8/14/2006
A really superb fic. Once again I'm amazed by how well you write interaction between the characters and write different emotions so excellently. The scrap between Genis and Lloyd is wonderful comedy, very in-character too. The switch to a more serious tone is flawless. The line "or from going crazy" is, I think, particularly powerful and highlights very clearly, in so few words, what torture it must be to be unable to sleep for so long. As always you've written an excellent piece of writing, sorry I took so long to write a review for it.
ShadowofUndine chapter 1 . 7/30/2006
This really wasn't what I was expecting at all, though, thinking back, perhaps I should have. Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing. I really liked this OneShot.

It continues to amaze me how you can capture Colette is such a way that I can only imagine. I understand her character, to some degree, but I can't manage to write her as well as you do [even if she wasn't in this as much as I'd thought she'd be].

Thinking about it, though, the fact that they didn't really say much to each other was more memorable than if they had, and it wasn't really needed.

To sum it up, a very nice OneShot.

Shadow of Undine

P.S. I didn't comment on the rest of it because I feel it was more lead-in than anything. I do like your character interactions, though.
Xekstrin chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
This is insanely good. I really don't have any critiques, that's so... rare for me. Just about the only complaint (and not really complaint...) is that you forget when you're done with dialouge you need to put a comma, unless the dialouge finishes a complete thought or is at the end of a paragraph.

EXAMPLE

"You’re no fun." Lloyd growled, pulling off the orange coat and draping it over his arm.

EXAMPLE

"You’re no fun," Lloyd growled, pulling off the orange coat and draping it over his arm.

See the comma? The comma is your friend. And Colette is sixteen at that point in the game, not fourteen. But these are little nit-picky details I'm using so that this review isn't totally useless.

I feel that I really relate to what you say about your writing style. I'm constantly thinking of what I write, or what I'm going to write, or what I've already written. I'm already working on some original fiction and it's turning out well. Maybe we should chat on MSN? Send me a PM if you're interested.

TTNR

(Till The Next Review)
meganekko-bomb chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
oh, your summary does not do this gem justice...

Seriously, beautiful rendition of Kratos' personality... I am writing a fic very much like this one and am delighted to find things from another POV.

Thanks very much!

Love and Kisses

MBOM
InferiorBeing17 chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
Very well done, as always. It's nice to see some fluff Kratos and Colette interaction along with the angsty Lloyd and Kratos. And of course we all love the Raine impersinations!
SoulTaken chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
Wow! That was such a great story! I liked it a lot!
Animegurl64 chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
*runs to the top of the nearest mountain* THANK YOU!

Shallan : Yell a little louder Ri, I dont think the people in Singapore heard you.

Finally, you update a ToS story! I'm so happy right now, and it was fantastic and well written. :D Yeah :D Im just happy to see some more great work from you.