Reviews for Why?
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 2/13
This is a well written story. Kirk's view of Amanda is interesting.
Saavikam69 chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
As always I enjoy it more the 2,3,4,etc time around. Was there an answer to this? Incant remember.
LettieM chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
Very nice story. It's an interesting perspective, Amanda viewed through Kirk's eyes. He sees Amanda's public demeanor with her Vulcan husband and wonders why she married Sarek. Little does he know how deep the love, though unspoken on Sarek's part, runs between the two of them. Excellent job as always.
Terry L. Gardner chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Excellent POV story, especially coming from Kirk. I can well believe he would think this way about Amanda. How appropriate that he would wonder why she married Sarek.
Shaharazod chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
Beautifully written.! It could be taken a female subjugation rant, but, it is a testimony of a determined woman's love for her husband.
Shadow Valkyrie chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
Very moving. I suppose this is exactly what Kirk would think seeing Sarek's behaviour towards Amanda, her response and their relationship with their son. Are you sure you're not accidently a psychologist? ";-)

Probably people tell you every day, but I'll do it again: you have a superb style of writing and your changing points of view keep the stories interesting though Amanda and Sarek are not exactly central characters in the original canon. You have in fact given them a very convincing life of their own.
Rolletti chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
WOW, this is great. Is there a hint of deep affection or jeolousy from Kirk for Amanda? Or is it that he feels he knows her better than he realize. This is great, Pat. I like to read your stories when they are coming from the characters view point.

Rolletti
ralph the third chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
Excellent. Have you considered writing Amanda's thoughts on the matter? It may prove interresting.

Also I was interested the progress of To Begin Anew, Part I. The first two provided last years summer reading and I can't help but be anxious (Sorry aout my spelling) for the release of the third.

Spoccer276
elecktrum chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
He’s a gift you've given, unaware.

this was as brilliant as it was beautiful. Just add it to the list of stories I wish I had written...
Traci Bedard chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
What can I say? Yet another fabulous story! Love the Holo series! Keep them coming!
trecebo chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
OH, an excellent look at Amanda from another human's perspective. The role of a Vulcan wife to humans seems rather like slavery (and it is a form but I digress, to each culture we must see the whole piccy) and Kirk is no different in his view.

Also, his observation skills are par excellante, seeing the arch humor, et al. You chose an interesting venue, almost a letter (mental one?) to convey his thoughts. Very nicely done as well.

Kirk tends to be shoved one way or the other. You have created a good point from which to reference him and he is tolerable here. Good on ya.