Reviews for Flip Turn
Cylor chapter 4 . 7/15/2006
Okay, well now that we're into it a bit further, I'll say a little more for the record.

BL/CD is, collectively, probably the best Titans fanfic I've come across to date. Or, it was. Because this story is actually better.

Many "real world" AU fics fail, in my opinion, because the authors either rely on stereotypes or they impose too much of themselves over the characters' lives, situations and personalities; the characters end up becoming the author, where it should be the other way around. At that point, they cease to be fanfiction and become an exercise in attention-seeking egotism.

You have not done this. While translating the characters into a familiar setting, and even making them much younger to boot, you have maintained your focus on their unique POVs - more than that, you've cut straight to the heart of what makes each of these characters WHO THEY ARE, on the fundamental level. And it's not their costumes, their powers or their superheroic adventures.

Stories like this are a particularly effective means of reinforcment, and reminding readers why we REALLY care about, and identify with, these characters.
CrazyInsomaniac chapter 4 . 7/14/2006
lol, bruce playing nanny is real funny and is it just me or does coach harley and herleyquinn have a connection?

ironic no?

anyway it was a great chapter and i really loved it...lol, robin has freckles!

update soon k? and i still think that Slade would do a great job as a silent spectator or an evil bruce twin...

dont ask,i ate too much sugar
paprika90 chapter 4 . 7/13/2006
oo! cool chapter! coach harley...is she the joker's girlfriend? or female partner? lol i forgot her villan name :-P

lol robin is such a perfectionist. would be interesting to know what had raven acting like that. will bruce find out that gar ate candy? enjoyed the chapter and cant wait till you update! _
samuraigurl1213 chapter 4 . 7/13/2006
Like I said I love this, now I have to go outside... stupid ness. Ugh, anyways keep it up!

3musketteers chapter 3 . 7/12/2006
i love this! and even though your characters are younger than the cartoon, you have their personalities down. they aren't out of character or anything - especially great job with raven and kitten!

so. good job D
paprika90 chapter 3 . 7/11/2006
yay! another chapter! 3

i just love the way you write the AU titans! eventhough they are kids, they still have their characteristics of their older selves, which is really good. so far, this chapter is my favorite out of the three next to vic's (since his was more serious ). this one was just full of the fun and cuteness of our favorite changeling. the part "It was about six forevers before..." was really funny. and Gar's reaction towards raven (and yay! we get to see little raven!) was pretty good as well as how he described her when she was upset (and even when shes a kid she still hates beast boy lol). i wasnt sure if that girl who had the expensive swimsuite until Wally mentioned her name lol! so will there be other villans as kids or teens (depending on their age) that you will include in your story? thats so cool that you coached a swim team! lol! i havent even gotten my lifeguard certification (never had time) lol! enjoyed the chapter and cant wait till you update! _
CrazyInsomaniac chapter 3 . 7/11/2006
lol, Raven is definately not the sunshine here...

poor robbie, has to do whatever Bruce says, whenever he says it...im impressed by the way Bruce seems to hold him under his thumb...

remind you of Slade anyone?

only that Slade never smiles...and even if he does noone sees it because of that stinkin mask of his!

update soon!

CI
samuraigurl1213 chapter 3 . 7/11/2006
I liked it, it was sweet and nice. And you definetly have the characters down. Keep it up!

Silent Knight I chapter 2 . 7/10/2006
My first thought on finding this fic was, BL and CD have been abandoned - no! Of course, then I actually read your author's notes, and my heart starting beating again. Phew.

Anyway, in regard to this fic, you once again have woven such an involving little tale. There's a really sweet, childlike cheekiness to this one. I love how natural the dialogue is, and how you throw in little details to your descriptions that make it seem more real. I have no idea where you intend to take it plot-wise, but even if there is no plot and it's just small insights into the minds of these AU characters, it's a lot of fun. Thanks!

SKI
CrazyInsomaniac chapter 2 . 7/10/2006
lol, wally is such a dope!

Bruce is acting like a real meanie...boy someone give him a stuffed bunny or something...

update soon, this is as funny as it is good!
Delathen chapter 2 . 7/9/2006
I'm...

impressed.

I've always enjoyed the stream of consciousness style you've employed, and the way you capture the youthful and "immature" aspects of every character.

I've really enjoyed Bright Lines and Cognitive Dissonance, and I can only hope that the swim team don't do no distractin' from it.

Excellent job.
paprika90 chapter 2 . 7/8/2006
i like this story. :-D im not one for 'alternate universe' types of stories but i was like, "hey, if Azelma is writing it, i shall read it" lol and im glad i did. i like how its written in the different povs (since thats one of the things i like with stories lol) and the fact that they are kids makes it more interesting. writing the characters um...alias (hero) names with their other names and stuff-like with starfire and cyborg was cute. 3 so will you be having any other chapters in the other characters points of view?do you know how long the story is gonna be? of is it just going to end at the big swim competition? and will you be going into more detail with the chapracters pasts (like what you did with wally and vic)? enjoyed the first two chapters (and like your other stories -BL,CD and Fragments- this ones headdin to my favs) *.* and i cant wait till you update! _
3musketteers chapter 2 . 7/8/2006
so far, pretty good!
3musketteers chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
this is an au i never read before...good job
samuraigurl1213 chapter 2 . 7/8/2006
I'm smiling as I read this, it's interesting and your great at this child like wonder stuff.

169 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 Next »