Reviews for Flip Turn
Rena Redhead chapter 19 . 9/19/2006
Wow. I really loved this story. All of the loose ends were tied up and I just loved the ending. It was really nice to see all of these little seven year olds excited about getting together. It was really cute. The whole story was incredible. I liked how you really wrote it only giving what a little kid would see events. It's something that you don't normally think about. A lot of people think that kids can't think for themselves, when in reality they understand a lot more then we give them credit for. They don't understand everything, but they understand a lot. Great job with this story! I'm putting it on my favorites!

Later and I hope to read more of your stories!

~Rena
TTFAN chapter 19 . 9/19/2006
Two things: sorry I didn't review this earlier and I can't really think of an absurd long review. It's great how you ended things with a game, and mainly Robin lightning up, somewhat. That last part was awesome.
The Wykkyd chapter 19 . 9/16/2006
Oh jeez, I really should have gotten around to reading this sooner. Much sooner. My apologies.

Anyway, what an adorable story! Everyone's personalities, thoughts, dialogue...it was all in-character and so much fun to read. It's been a while since I read a story that I just had /fun/ reading. Not much deep thinking that keeps me up for hours, but just something really sweet and joyful to read. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The style you used in this story is so different from the style you use in BL and CD. It suits the children's personalities so well. You must have coached children around these ages...they're so little kid-ish! Well, most of them. They older 'Titans' are fun to read because they're more mature and are always talking as if they hold so much authority because they're older. Just like kids really do. When you're in the age range of six to about eleven, the older you are, the better. So your story was true.

Vic is a case of his own though, because while he is older, he's not acting superior (like Kitten-who had some hilarious lines, or Blackfire-who was mean in a very in-character way) and he's always trying to help! I loved when he'd simplify things for the kids in order to teach them a new stroke.

Wally was similar to Vic in that way: he did quite a bit of helping too, even though it was subtle at times. Helping Raven get her quarter, and thus getting her to go under water, helping Terra get down the slide, and little things like noticing Robin was 'sick'. You wrote two different sides to Wally, his helping, serious side, and his joking, 'safety hazard' side. By the way, 'safety hazard' is the /perfect/ word for Wally in general. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Robin was such a deep little boy in this story. Deep in a very adorable way. When he was angry at Bruce because he thought Bruce liked Raven more than him I could just picture it when Robin told Bruce this and Bruce hugged him. It was a great image.

And of course Bruce...I'll admit, coaching a swim team of small children was one thing I had omitted from his list of occupations. ;). Towards the end he was so kind, caring and sweet towards the kids. Which was realistic, because even the toughest people can warm up to young children after spending lots of time with them. In the beginning I wasn't sure how he was going to turn out, but you wrote him perfectly.

Last note...I loved the 'sharks and minnows' scene. With Robin fighting off that smile, and Wally pushing him in, and all the fun the kids were having...it was just a brilliant and heartwarming scene. I was reminded of after-meet parties that my ski team would have, and everyone does relays for fun, and plays games on their skis. So yeah, great scene.

Well, I saw that you had written a sequel to this, so that's where I'm off to now. So, I really did enjoy this story to it's fullest, and I'm so sorry I haven't reviewed until now. All the best! -Wykkyd
CrazyInsomaniac chapter 19 . 9/15/2006
(applauses you) bravo! i dont think ive ever read such a marvellous peice of writing since i joined this site! great job dude! i absoloutly love the ending...the kids are so attached with Coach Bruce that they dont want him to leave (aw) even Raven!

Robin does not know how to have fun...obsessive little spiky haired 'rule lover' , but thats why hes my fav character :D ... still, i cant help but think of him as a shrimp.

I would love a sequel! you can just add me to your 'stalker' list right now :D im on to you!

Is it my fault im so obsessive? ... wait ... that didnt come out right :S

Anyway, keep up the greatr work and do update soon! i give you two thumbs up (gives you two thumbs up)

CrazyInsomaniac
Guyute24 chapter 19 . 9/13/2006
A wonderful ending, dear! I think it was a wise choice to end with BB's POV. I love how you alluded to Jade's alter-ego through his perspective...a very nice touch indeed. And did I detect some Roy/Jade foreshadowing toward the end there? Grr...I will convert you, if it kills me! :)

Anyway, excellent job, throughout! I'm so glad you decided to post this, otherwise we would have missed out on a wonderful AU fic! I loved the end, incidently, it actually made me laugh out loud...a very, very BB thing to do. Nice work all around. I can't wait for the sequels!
Arica Princess of Rivendell chapter 19 . 9/13/2006
well done. Will there be a continueation (is that the right spelling?)
lemony anemone chapter 19 . 9/13/2006
I'm almost sad that this is over! But I'm glad that there is a sequel! Good job with everything. Including this last chapter!
KF fan chapter 19 . 9/13/2006
Congratulations on a job well done. Convincingly portraying the personalities of many different characters is quite difficult and you pulled it off.
Lil art girl chapter 19 . 9/13/2006
that was such a good story...i hope u publish the sequal very very soon!
Shewhodanceswithdragons chapter 19 . 9/13/2006
*Sighs* What a sweet story.
samuraigurl1213 chapter 19 . 9/13/2006
YAY SEQUEL!

It's so sad to see a story you love ended.

However, I was going to suggest, if you didn't have a sequel in the works, to possibly write an epilogue, maybe when they're older...

Anyways, I loved this.

-Em
Valda chapter 19 . 9/13/2006
Aw I'm sad this is over :( I really loved this story, it was differen't and original. You touched real issues with a childlike innocence that made you smile and think as well.

I love you! lol I can't wait for your sequel, could you possibly message me when it's been posted? Please?

One more question, when you do write the sequel, what pairings do you plan on using? I remember you saying you were going to use them...

Hm...one thing I hope for in the sequel...for Blackfire to get what's coming to her and hopefully some StarRob bonding...

Again, amazing job with this story, it was amazingly good!

X
Guyute24 chapter 18 . 9/11/2006
Excellent work, dear! I always love hearing from Wally's POV, and the way he's so innocently perceptive in this makes me love him even more. It's nice to see that Vic did well at the last meet, too. That had to do wonders for his confidence, and he totally deserves it! All in all, very nice, indeed. I can't wait to read the next installment!

Peace,

Guyute
lemony anemone chapter 18 . 9/11/2006
good job! fantastic safety hazard...heh.
Arica Princess of Rivendell chapter 18 . 9/10/2006