Reviews for Flip Turn
samuraigurl1213 chapter 16 . 8/30/2006
YAY! An update, great chapter, basically compile all my reviews into one. This was a normal (but great) chapter for you, so there's nothing I can really say.

-Em
Guyute24 chapter 16 . 8/30/2006
Yay, an update! It's good to see Raven gaining some confidence. I think it's really cute the way she idolizes Bruce without even realizing she's doing it. I think of all the characters, Raven is my favorite perspective to view from. She's such a little adult! Anyway, great job, as always. I'm glad to know you plan on doing more with this universe. It'll give me something else to look forward to when this is finished. Keep up the good work!

Well, I hope school is going well for you. Take care!

Peace,

Guyute
paprika90 chapter 16 . 8/30/2006
yay another chapter of flip turn! **gasps** i cant belive i missed a chapter! ah well, i shall include it in this review...

lol! i liked the whole 'green hair' thing-especially with Gar getting it done on himself. so...its hair spray or spray paint? that was what confused me there as odd as it sounds lol! aw the little colour on the window markers! i remember those (and i think they still have them lol) hoorah! bruce has shown more of his soft, cool side towards the kids!

nice to see that little raven is coming out of her shell there. it seems like shes begining to warm up to terra and starfire now that shes getting more comfortable and all. what did coach ivy and harley do to coach bruce that involved toilet paper? did they tp his car or something? the way you wrote the whole race was very descriptive. made me feel like i was the swimmer in the race lol! i liked how you built up the whole thing in the race with the suspence and tension of weather or not raven was going to do well in the race and if she was even going to finish at all.

awsome chapter and i cant wait till you update! _
CrazyInsomaniac chapter 16 . 8/30/2006
another nicely written chapter, i swear, youre getting better day by day ;) keep up the great work! (gives you two thumnbs up)

Kitten is always the annoyer isint she? and Bruce seems more understandable over here (smiles) i like him that way.

wonder what the boys are upto...nothing good i hope (laughs) keep up the good work and update soon!

CI
Valda chapter 16 . 8/30/2006
aww that was cute, I'm glad Raven got through her fear, I love how she gets comfort from the coaches, it's almost like Bruce is her Father figure, something she really needs.

I can't wait for the next chapter, I like how you sometimes link things to memories, but something that should be taken seriously has child like innocence...it's great.

You're amazing! Don't take to long :P

X
Tinker927 chapter 15 . 8/29/2006
Man...I love this story. I love it so much that when I couldn't load the next page of it on TGN I went here just to finish it. You are amazing and this story is one of the cutest and sweetest stories I have ever read. What a good job on it!

-t1tan_r1sing
Guyute24 chapter 15 . 8/23/2006
You know, it occurred to me, after I received your reply for BL today, that I never reviewed the lastest chapter of this...Forgive me, dear, I'm such a slacker lately!

At any rate, once again this is a lovely chapter! I just can't get over how well you write from a child's perspective-very nicely done, indeed. It's nice to see Robin so much happier, as well. Really, that's what I like so much about this particular piece...empathy for fictional characters doesn't come easy for me, but you've actually made me feel for all of these kids-particularly Raven, Robin, and Cyborg. And Wally. He's definitely my favorite non-tragic figure in this. Great work!

On another note, I'd really like to see you do something with this universe set a few years down the road, once you've wrapped this up. I know I'm going to wonder what's become of them (considering we're in a world without superheroes, here). Just some food for thought.

Well, good luck with your classes. I hope your semester goes well! As always, I'll be looking forward to more!

Peace.
Rena Redhead chapter 15 . 8/22/2006
Wow! I've read quite a few AU stories, but this is one of the few that really has caught my eye. It's so much fun to think of the Titans and others as little six and seven year olds and Bruce being a swim team coach! You got all the other characters right too in placing them that is like with Poison Ivy, Slade, and Clark Kent being coaches too. You've also kept them IC which is really good because most AU stories I've read don't do it and it really enhances the story. Great Job!

Your story is very rich. It's always interesting to read a story about little kids and what they see life as and then compare it to what you basically know happens in it. Then of course just reading about the cute little things that kids do always puts a smile on my face. The whole story is so very well weaved so that every character's backstory comes together with everyone else's. Espeically Robin's story. I liked chapter 14 and his talk with Bruce. So cute! I really loved it!

I've really enjoyed this story! The Titans as little kids are so adorable. You've done an amazing job with it and I can't wait till you update!

Later!

~Rena
SignSeeker chapter 15 . 8/20/2006
Yay! Terra POV!

Congrats on the chemistry (cuz I forget to tell you that before)! Though, I'm not at all surprised that you made an A. *GRIN* I'm going back to school soon, too. *sigh* Summer goes by too fast.

So does this story:

"There wouldn’t be anymore practices, not unless you were fast enough to go to that other meet that Kitten told her about a few days ago (Terra forgot what it was called). That made her kind of sad."

Aw. That makes me kind of sad, too. But, 'all good things', right?

This chapter was a lot of fun. I like Terra POV because she is SUCH a little kid! It's pretty adorable. And I like that she's happy in this story, unlike the Terra of CD.

LOL, Gar's hair! I should stop being so surprised that you work little details like that in, but every time you do it makes me grin. Actually, I don't think I STOPPED grinning during this chapter.

I really thought the whole part where Terra was reflecting on Starfire was beautifully written. It was such an accurate description of Starfire, and it made me happy to see Terra appreciating her friend, especially because (as I've mentioned before) I think their friendship is very beneficial to Terra. She needs a good role model like Starfire.

Speaking of friends: Terra and Raven! That was so cute! Although, really, the only reason it works is because of Raven's lack of confidence in this story, I think. But I really like reading it.

"If there was one thing in the world that Raven did fast, it was smiling."

LOL! A very good observation, Terra. Raven IS a perfectionist! I can just see her and Robin working on a school project together, or something, and taking FOREVER because they are both so damn fastidious. But that's for another story...*sneaky grin*
SignSeeker chapter 14 . 8/20/2006
So, I'm FINALLY getting around to catching up on all my reviews...sorry I took so long: between work and renovations (my parents bought a cottage that needs a shitload of work), I've had, like, no Internet time. *is ashamed*

Okay, first off: SQUE! Robin and Bruce are the cutest father/son couple ever! That was just...well, my hearts was doing all kinds of weird, warm contractions when I read the end scene. I'm SO HAPPY that they finally talked! And because Wally and Vic said something to Bruce? That makes it even BETTER! Now, Bruce just needs to go give Slade the "scary eyes". Hehehe.

I really liked all of Wally's lines. Every one of them. He's growing on me so fast...in fact, in this story, he's tied for second place on my favourite characters list. Go Wally! Which reminds me: I can't wait to see what happens at Divisionals! That's going to be fun to write, I bet. And to read, naturally.

Random little things I enjoyed: Gar bring lazy, Kitten being nasty, Komand’r having to do pushups, and Robin's reasons for enjoying math (of all things).

These kids make my day. _
CrazyInsomaniac chapter 15 . 8/19/2006
you got an A in chemistry? cool!

but i always wonder why I get a C...

anyway, lovely chapter. I never imagined that BB would get his hair green like this...but then again I didnt imagine that Terra would spray her hair green...but i have to admit, it does look cool.

lol, I laughed when i imagined Terra and Raven painting Bruce's car (haha) add a pink smear from me girls!

I guess Robin would be acting nicer now, i mean, atleast he knows someone cares about him even if he lost his parents..

...aw!

keep up the great work and update soon!

CI

p.s-Bruce would make a great parent the way he lectured them...8 gallons of water, nine thrity bed time...lets just say he is prepared ;)
Arica Princess of Rivendell chapter 15 . 8/19/2006
Hope you have fun at school and good luck in all of your classes.

please update again soon
lemony anemone chapter 15 . 8/18/2006
oh yeah - makes a face - school...good luck with that and the can so, can not thing really captures the little kids thing
Valda chapter 15 . 8/18/2006
Aww well done on your chemistry, I don't go back till September here in Britain, but I'm getting my GCSE results on the 24th :S wish me luck!

The chapter was cool :) I like how slowly Bruce and Robin are opening up to the others, and Raven of course.

Damn...if someone wanted to spray my hair green I'd run...but i did cute my own hair once :S i was like six and i thought it would be fun until my mum got called up to the school...tehe ;

anyway! I can't wait for the next chapter!

X
samuraigurl1213 chapter 15 . 8/18/2006
Well good luck in school!

I love this story, but we don't want you to fail school! Hope you can find equil librium (too tired to look up how to spell that).

Anyways, I loved this, there's some parts that are sort of... deep like;

When the big girl had finished spraying Starfire’s hair, Terra realized that she’d been wrong about the green: it wasn’t the same color as her eyes, because it wasn’t quite as good.

Keep up the good work!