Reviews for One Which Makes The Heart Run Over
THIS WAS AMAZING THANK YOU I ADORE THIS AND YOU ARE AWESOME!
In the original Beauty and the Beast by Suzanne Barbot de Villenueve, the beast is an actual beast.
Deathslilgirl21 chapter 16 . 7/13/2017
It was a rather interesting story. Once I started reading I couldn't stop
Moonshine9012 chapter 16 . 3/9/2017
Lovely. Absolutely lovely. I adore the heart and believability- in as much as there can be for a work of fiction- that you put into the story and characters. This is fantastic.
gracieTpie chapter 16 . 10/27/2016
After re-reading it again, I still love your story even more! Brilliant writing, great plot, and I love the sense of family in the one, and the all the BBRae moments were so cute! Amazing! Grass X
MrMind chapter 16 . 10/12/2016
Given this thing's age, I'm not gonna go too much into detail with a review. I thought this was a pretty interesting read, but I'm finishing it feeling rather unsatisfied. In hindsight, I think the core concept of Beast Boy's cat transformation doesn't make any sense. Part of what drove me through the story was my desire to find out what actually was going on. The "self-imposed" explanation alone doesn't quite cut it because the level of delusion required to actually start believing you're a cat is outside the type of damage emotional trauma can cause. There were a number of what seemed like obvious false leads present like the Beast and the Terra stuff, but the ending just resolves back onto the first explanation without actually developing it beyond its problems. Compounding this, I'm not remotely clear on what even fixed the condition.

For clarity's sake, the "self-imposed" explanation breaks my suspension of disbelief.

There are a few ways around that. I have two. The week he apparently spent as a cat coupled with the later explanation about staying a form for too long causing him to permanently take on qualities of that form would suffice. It's never pointed out, so I presume that's not what happened. Alternatively, near the end of The Way the Wind is Blowing I thought I had figured it out. Going to Nevermore doesn't make sense as a solution unless Raven has something to do with the cause. I was actually pretty confident Raven subconsciously causing the cat transformation was the twist as it addressed a lot of odd things with the story: Raven had notably been repressing her affections, she kept his condition secret until confronted about it, Beast Boy mentioned "the fog" only clearing when he thought about her, Beast Boy's inexplicable aggression toward the others, and how he just sort of clung to her the whole story.

I liked the dream imagery. They could be a bit confusing, but given they were dreams, I feel it's fair.

I really liked Starfire's inclusion in this, overall.

I feel given how important the other three titans were to the plot, they were awkwardly out of focus.

I think this and the aforementioned ending issues stem from some structural issues with the plot. It's not horrible, but I get the impression this was written by the seat of your pants.
Sketch101 chapter 16 . 8/13/2016
I love this story! it's so sweet. Really well written!
RaeBBLover chapter 16 . 4/6/2016
So in depth and true mad me realize a lot about myself keep writing cause I definitely have to read more of my new favorite Author's stories:)
madlyhatted chapter 16 . 12/16/2015
I really liked this story but at the same time I didn't. I liked your concept and writing style - I especially laughed out loud at certain parts (Son of a bat and the part about Cyborg's smile reaching his eyes. Eye.) So funny! But I guess I felt like too much of the story was mental/emotional which I get was the idea but I wished there was a more distinct connection between the mental state and the physical world. I especially was disappointed that Beast Boy said practically nothing in the end - I really wanted to read about his perspective. I guess I just felt like I was left with a lot of questions. Overall I enjoyed you're story though or else I wouldn't have read it all the way to the end!
CalitaRael chapter 16 . 5/17/2015
It is 4:25 a.m and I have no idea if you will actually ever read this review. STILL, through my tired befuddled mind I'm gonna tell you what I think.

I found the ending very unsatisfactory for the kind of terribly complex and imaginative and detailed story previous to it. It ended too soon, I felt like there was so much missing. HOWEVER this was an absolutely excellent fanfic that I'm putting in my favorites. It was endearing and all kinds of intriguing.

That's all I can pull out of my 3/4 asleep mind for now. Good job, I read this all in one shot -took me 4 hours, give or take.
Blub chapter 16 . 3/25/2015
Take it as a compliment
Guptanation chapter 16 . 3/10/2015
Just reread this fic after a long time, and wanted to say how much I loved it. Particularly the recognition that you cannot simply undo the damage that has been done, but you can learn how to move past it. And how all Beast Boy had needed to begin healing and moving forward was to be shown that he was loved and the way you can feel the love Raven has for Beast Boy and how it steadily grows and grows until she finally realizes that that is what she feels... there was just something about the story and the way it was presented that was both moving and deeply satisfying. I really enjoyed re-reading this one. Thanks for posting it all those years ago :)
Seamus chapter 16 . 12/3/2014
This whole thing was amazing and also reminded me of lullabies by all time low :)
BBRAE-Sunfeather chapter 16 . 9/21/2014
So good! I loved it so much! I feel Beastboy and Raven r ment to be.
Psuedonymous chapter 16 . 8/4/2014
For something done on a dare, this is really good. Who am I kidding? It's just plain ol' really good!