Reviews for Think like a Rabbit
The-Real-Ponytail-Link chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Leave it to hiko to find the easy way out. Pfft, poor Kenshin.
Bread-Making-Viking chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
LOL. That was interesting. I love young Kenshin.
ferryboat George chapter 1 . 10/11/2007
LOL, that was so cute
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
wonderfully descriptive!
Suttee chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Wow another wonderful fic... sorry I'm going through your stories very slowly now, due to exams... but they are truly amazing! Poor Kenshin, getting so caught up as always... I can see why Kenshin thinks that Hiko, who knows all of Kenshin's not-very-glorious-past, is a million times nastier than Saitou now! Love the trekking descriptions too... can't wait to see more!
amicus92 chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
i like this story!
moeru himura chapter 1 . 11/2/2006
What a cool idea! Though I feel poor for the rabbits now. After Kenshin 'thinking like a rabbit', how can I not to? He knows now how it feels to be dinner.

Another great job! Funny and informative (I have no idea about hunting!):P
Neko-Cat-Sama chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
Aw poor Kenshin, freezing in the cold snow and thinking his shishou was going to catch him in a snare. Good little fic.
Hidari chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
Aw, I love Hiko! And I love Kenshin! You make the nicest Shishou and Deshi fics. _
KaoruKamiya307 chapter 1 . 7/16/2006
Aw... thats was cute. Kenshin gets so caught up in things sometimes. Kenshin, the red-haired rabbit! LOL! Cute story!
kingleby chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
lol, hiko just used snares while kenshin was trying to be a rabbit. bless him _
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
Amazing descriptiveness in this story! Especially of the rabbit. I could visualize him so clearly - from his striated hairs to his little bunny facial features.

The humor at the end - Hiko telling Kenshin not to 'get so caught up next time' in thinking like a rabbit when he was the one who instructed Kenshin to do so but completely ignored his own instructions and used snares - was a great way to finish off the story.

You captured Hiko's assured competence and training methods very realistically too.

Great story!
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
Oh, my. That was super. So very in character. 'Think like a rabbit,' and that's all the boy needs. What a thing to have happen to oneself, getting mixed up as a rabbit. I loved the idea presented of 'another rabbit with red hair and a human face.' And of course there is the inherent irony...
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
I think you could subtitle this "Zen and the Art of Rabbit Hunting". I love the idea of Kenshin trying to read ever deeper into Hiko's brief command to "think like a rabbit." Your fine eye for detail and your descriptive prose really create such a vivid moment in Kenshin’s training. Of course, there are more over arching metaphors for Kenshin’s future that could be made of this but on its most basic level, I love the image of Kenshin striving to meet his master’s goals while Hiko blithely takes the simpler and more practical approach.
Warg chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
Hey..

Haha.. interesting idea..

Love the flow and feel of the entire piece.

The painstaking attention to detail, somehow never overdone, is nothing short of perfect..

Love the way the story pans out from different points and returns full circle.. and starts again.. ripples.. beutiful.

So many amazing lines that touched me.. *The screech of a large owl in a tree above and to the left had made him freeze, taut as a wire, no motion to give away his position to the owl's round eyes, no sound to reveal him to the keen ears beneath soft feathers. An owl meant swift death to a rabbit.*

*For just a moment, he'd felt those cords around his own neck, felt the deadly jerk and snap of the snare. He shivered and started forward after his shishou, shaking off the images. Those rabbits were their supper.*

and many more..

Lessons learnt for Kenshin... being his prey.. and.. their is always another way..

Great read.. thanx for this.. _