Reviews for Against All The Odds
Histswot chapter 5 . 9/28/2006
LOL, good character development here BQ. I like the intersecting voice of Helen's conscience through the dialogue; the subtext that Hector remains (as yet) ignorant of. Just a few things in regards to word choice. I was little confused by the context in which you used the words 'negligence' and 'dubious'. Perhaps it's just a misinterpretation of the sentences in question, but it does not detract from the progression of the story. I'm sure you'll explain it to me later. Also, having examined the emotionally highly-strung Helen, I hope you'll give thought to a chapter on Hector. Male blindness...ever the double-edged sword. :D

Histswot.

P.S. In future you could use the Latin expression for "among other things" known as "inter alia" (use italics of course). Since you've employed this sentence in this chapter I thought you might want to know another way of saying it in subsequent stories and chapters.
Hecuba2 chapter 5 . 9/27/2006
This is the best work that has been up here for months. Keep going, great job!
Shining Friendship chapter 5 . 9/23/2006
Awesome chapter, BQ! This one was so sweet and beautiful. I can't wait to read the next chapter coming up. You're such a great writer. Keep it up, my friend!

Shining Friendship chapter 4 . 7/29/2006
*falls off chair and screams* A cliffhanger! Why! This has been the BEST chapter in the story so far and I can't wait to read the next one. Keep up with the awesome work, BQ! I love ya! LOL!

Histswot chapter 4 . 7/28/2006
This story continues to get better...I must admit when I started to read about Andromache's tears I at first thought she was going to confess to cheating on Hector. You can imagine the chuckle I had to myself when I read on! Also, thank you for taking the brotherly banter into account in this chapter just as well as you have in the previous chapters, I'm very pleased. Can't wait for future instalments as this story is really growing on me. *checks inbox in feverish anticipation*. :D

Shining Friendship chapter 3 . 7/22/2006
That was a very sweet and 'emotional' chapter. LOL! The relationship between Helen and Hector in this fanfic is so interesting. I absolutely love it. Keep up the awesome work, my friend! I can hardly wait to read the next chappie.

Histswot chapter 3 . 7/22/2006
Wow, I'm really enjoying how this fic is developing and how you're not rushing things in this next chapter. I like the fact that you are making an effort to research the story and keep things grounded in historical fact - however fickle that one word feels sometimes. It shows you truly care about the story and its context. The way in which you showed how Hector and Helen has the other in the back of their mind was impressive, it's a difficult task to describe thoughts like that in individuals in an original manner like you did so well done! Please keep writing, but keep the pacing of chapters, it adds to the excitement. :D

Histswot
Histswot chapter 2 . 7/8/2006
I really enjoyed chapter 2, it's very emotive. Great to see Hector has some integrity as well. The descriptions of the characters are spot on; you really feel the subliminal messages passing between them. Looking forward to future chapters.

Shining Friendship chapter 2 . 7/8/2006
This was an excellent chapter, Banshee Queen. I just love your fanfic! *laughs* I should really get back to work on my own, huh? I wish there were more Helen/Hector fanfics out there. They don't seem to be very popular, but maybe we can change that. _~ I can't wait to read the next chapter. I'll talk to you soon.

Shining Friendship

P.S. Would you like me to find some more Helen & Hector pix?
Shining Friendship chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
BQ, your first chappie was awesome! Thanks so much for the link to your fanfic . I can hardly wait to read the second chapter now. You're such a great writer. Keep it up! _~
Histswot chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
It was nice. Good banter between Paris and Hector. The double-take with Helen made me smile. :)
illigitimate luv child chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
100% Fantastic, keep it up. I'm glad you're leaving Andromache out of it she kinda annoyed me and I don't think Hector would be one to cheat :) Love the pairing plot and description, excellent story hun.