Reviews for The Courage and Fortitude to Stay True and
ChocolateChipCookie26 chapter 39 . 4/12/2013
Hi! Just finished this story, and I thought it was really good :) I haven't read the deleted scenes yet, but I'll get to it. I really like how you made everyone get past all their differences and become friends. Jack was right when he said Elizabeth kisses everybody. LOL. So true! I also like how at the beginning of the story, Elizabeth is trying to convince herself that she did the right thing by leaving Jack to die, but then realizes she was wrong and apologizes for it, and refuses to leave anyone behind again. Will sure has the patience of a saint to let the woman he loves kiss everybody. I'm a Sparrabeth shipper, but I really like this story. I had no idea how it was going to end. For a while there, I thought it was going to be a Barbossabeth, which made me shudder. Hehehe. Anyway, sorry the review's so long. Good job! :)
just jacs chapter 6 . 4/10/2009
hey really enjoying this i'll be back to read more when its not so late
jillianfish chapter 41 . 1/7/2009
YAY! I love this story! I found you online through Black Pearl Sails and subsequently found your stories here. I loved this one. Instead of working the past two days, I've been reading this. I can't wait to read the sequel, and then, if I'm not mistaken, the sequel to that!. Just a few comments, because I have strong opinions lol. I hate Will in this story. I understand that most of the time and effort was given to the other characters to make them awesome, but as a result Will suffers. Now don't get me wrong, this doesn't upset me. I don't like Will even under the best of circumstances. But in this story it seems he is so much of a pansy I just want Elizabeth to throw him overboard and say "I'm too much of a man for you, Will Turner." He is so insipid and so stupid. I would much rather Elizabeth be in this perpetual sexual tension limbo between Jack and Barbie. lol. I loved what you did with Norrington. He was easy to hate one second and easy to pity the next. Its funny that he looks down his nose at pirates, especially during the wedding etc but is so much like them, as he realizes during the bachelor party of sorts. I find it incredibly hard to believe that Norrington and Gov Swann would have stood and watched Elizabeth get branded, even if she did want to. It just seems so OOC because of their perpetual protectiveness. Oh well, its over now. I loved the various plans/ misfires/ solutions/ wheelings and dealings of Jacks. So incredibly Jack. And that game of Deception? Oh god, I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see if Barbossa would be able to save them in the end. That was incredible. Great job on the story and on the characters. Your descriptions of things and places were detailed enough to evoke images but not so detailed that they bogged down the story. And the dialouge between the characters was consistent and in character. All in all a wonderful job and a riveting story. Can't wait to read "Another One! A Better One!"
Scourge of the Caspian chapter 10 . 10/6/2008
... (sorry for my spelling errors in advance, I'm lazy!) ...

I absolutely love your entire trilogy. Your portrayal of Barbossa is my favorite outside of Geoffry Rush's own characterization. Jack, though he is a difficult character to write, I believe you have captured his spirit, and used it to your own advantages. I agree with your assessment of the Whelp, Turner,(who I cannot usually stand) and appriciate the fact that you opted to let the rest of your cast keep making fun of him, even while allowing his character to mature and get cooler. Elizabeth really irritates me in the movies. Though I guess she is kinda supposed to be in COTBP. You however, have handled her differently, making her less- I dont really want to say whiney, (but lets face it, she was a spoiled governer's daughter, so yes)...and therefore, more interesting. Great plot twists! i cant wait for a fourth addition. And please have a heart where norrington is concerned, his character is so cool! he has so many possibilities!(even after his heroic end in POTC 3!)
Kirsten-B chapter 2 . 11/23/2007
Hm, after reading the first chapter I'm clearly intrigued. I'll read on immediately.

Just wanted to comment on the lashing matter (which, of course, is a matter of interpretation...). I didn't have the impression that Will was still angry at his father, after the initial complaint. I think, he then realised what you had Elizabeth explain to him...another step in his growing up during the trilogy...

But since it seems to be important for your plot, I will not complain, only comment :-)
Zippie chapter 1 . 9/21/2007
Congratulations! You and your wonderful story have been inaugurated into the "Pirates of the Caribbean FanFiction Hall of Fame".

Please visit my profile page for more details.

It's not as grand as it sounds, but we hope that by gathering all the best stories in one place we will provide a valuable service for all PotC FanFiction lovers out there.

Please come and make some nominations of your own, share your writing wisdom or just join in the fun!
andrew chapter 7 . 6/24/2007
and back is the most stupid ship name I've ever heard
Kel chapter 19 . 6/18/2007
I just noticed. In chapter 13 it says that 3 people were eaten by the doggy monster. But in chapter 19, it says ; Barbossa had meant to feed all the Navy men to the monster, but apparently this one had got lucky while another poor pirate had been eaten in his stead." There were 4 pirate hunters aboard.

Just noticed!
Jesse's Girl chapter 16 . 6/16/2007
Hey, I think you are doing a great job with this story so far but I think the characters were a little too OOC character for me in this chapter. It's hard for me to picture Jack forgiving Barbossa even if they were really good friends in the past. I can't hear his voice in my head.

Other than that I enjoy reading this. :)

P.S. The scar scene was pretty hott!
JustDeadStarsForDeadEyes chapter 39 . 6/8/2007
absolutly love it :D
draylon chapter 31 . 5/18/2007
Whe! Finally, they had a big, messy snog! (I've just finished Chapter 31)

I realise you wrote this a while ago, but I felt I had to share my delight over it with you RIGHT NOW because although I'm only 3/4 or so of the way through -('only' she says - and it's not just a gem of a story, and a consistently good and cracking read - but it checks in with quite a number of completely engrossing chapters too) - I'm so, so overwhelmingly impressed with your story. You've written the dream PoTC follow-up and I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying reading it. Don't know what I've been doing wrong to have failed to track this masterwork down for so long either, because I've been on the look-out for some really good Barbossa-centric - or at least Barbossa-as-one-of-main-characters - fiction for ages - years, literally, since the first film came out. I'll write a more coherent review when I'm finished. Can't wait to get back to your story...
Rogue-Pirate chapter 40 . 5/1/2007
This is pretty good, you've obviously put a lot of work into it. Not sure about the Barbossa/Liz connection, or Liz sucking face with everyone she came across ;-)

But never the less, I might pop on over to your sequel.
luccamajere26 chapter 40 . 4/28/2007
Aww, it was a good ending. And I like the deleted scenes, too, haha! I think Elizabeth is going to miss being a pirate, though. XD
Who-Wouldn't-Waver-With-You chapter 9 . 4/21/2007
Boo! Down with Norrington and Will and all sappy un-piratey types!

Great fic, lovin the action!
Who-Wouldn't-Waver-With-You chapter 8 . 4/16/2007
I get what you're saying about Barbossa. You write him really well, it's quite bizzare. I find myself thinking "He's quite cool really"

At least he's not good-looking, is all I can say!