Reviews for Battling the Demons
lhoma320 chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
I started this story yesterday and was hooked after the first paragraph. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire story and was sad to see it end. I didn't go to bed until after 1:00 a.m. just so I could finish it. I plan to read more of kidsnurse's stories. Loved it! This story was definitely directed to me. :))
Culf chapter 8 . 6/7/2007
Hi, I'm still reading and still loving the trilogy, but there was one thing in this chapter that bugs me; the psychiater suggesting Wilson getting himself a punching bag. Experiments have confirmed that such catharasis increases agression instead of decreasing it.

Apart from that, I'm very impressed by your research when writing this.
unwinding fantasy chapter 28 . 4/5/2007
More amazing work on your part. Love how House is slowly being drawn out of his shell. The simple "Thanks" - and the fact that he maintained eye contact with Wilson - at the end of this chapter conveyed so much, as did "Not you I don’t trust." (Ch. 26)

Also loved:

- "Wanna wash my hair for me too?"

"No…. I think you can safely handle what’s left of it." - Zing!

- "Yeah, you would’ve had to wait. I, on the other hand, am just that good!" - Again, zing! (Just how do you concoct such funny comments?)

- Cuddy's secret sci-fi addiction. I suppose even the most rational individual can surprise you. Suppose it's only fair considering House gets his soaps.

On another note... *sigh* Wilson just had to pick the left thigh to jab, didn't he? Now House has the perfect scapegoat...

unwinding fantasy chapter 23 . 4/1/2007
Can't... breathe...! Never have I read something this cute, especially in the midst of a hurtcomfort fic. What is the world coming to? Gotta love House and Wilson conspiring like school kids and Cuddy (voluntarily!) playing her Evil Witch role. Not only is she being a brilliant doctor she also coordinates covert operations to get her patients to smile.

Highly amusing; please devote yourself to a humour fic when you've got the time and will!

unwinding fantasy chapter 20 . 4/1/2007
Wow, powerful dream and nice reference to your other fic (though I do like how you manage to make this almost stand-alone too.) Poor Wilson, everything just rushing up on him like that. Dreams have a creepy way of dredging up your worst fears. Love House's reaction though and especially how he already knew what it was about, just wanted to test the boundaries of their friendship yet again. After that characteristically in control, find-the-truth-no-matter-what House the ending was completely unexpected - he just did a complete 180, went straight back to sickly. Ain't that always the way? You think they're improving, then... Cliffhanger, right between the eyes!

unwinding fantasy chapter 15 . 4/1/2007
There's just something very disturbing about a disoriented House. Even when he's not in control of his own body so long as he has his sharp tongue and quick mind he is himself. Once you take all that away all that's left is the scared little boy. I love the description of the "naked plea in his eyes", how he is forced to expose his emotions. Drastic, but hopefully good for House's emotional health in the long run. Dependancy may be a bitch, but it may stop House from being such a son of one.

unwinding fantasy chapter 11 . 4/1/2007
"The guy who thinks emotions should be outlawed and psychologists should be shot." - Undoubtedly the funniest thing I've read for a long time. Love how you inject humour into an otherwise serious piece and you do it so effortlessly too. Never does a joke interrupt the flow of conversation. Wish I had your talent with dialog. And the rest.

In theory giving House free reign when it comes to his own body is a smart idea. Pressure the guy and he'll just become (more) resentful - he needs to be trusted to trust. However the flip side being that he may not come to the realisation that is friends *are* trusting him until it's too late.

And what is House doing on the floor? Trying to eavesdrop? Looking for pain meds? Escaping? *clicks to next chapter*

unwinding fantasy chapter 9 . 4/1/2007
Got a feeling there's gonna be hell to pay for Wilson's little stunt. Funny how Cuddy unintentionally added to the illusion with her offhand, "new patient" comment. More importantly, is this going to jeopardise the shaky at best trust they've got going? Hmm...

Love the sneaky literary devices you use. Misinterpretation is so much fun.

unwinding fantasy chapter 8 . 4/1/2007
Nice interlude shifting the spotlight to Wilson. I felt that while "Devil, You Say" was primarily focused on House's trust issues now you've delved into Wilson's motivation behind his ongoing support of the Limping Twerp. It almost sounds a tad selfish that he's doing so for his own peace of mind, but it's only human to correct our mistakes, to search for absolution. Of course he cares about his friend too, but there are just so many facets to his character. I'm insanely jealous of how you manage to work in more layers than an onion.

Can't wait for that poker game. Dick Dickinson... Should be... interesting.

unwinding fantasy chapter 7 . 4/1/2007
Uh-oh, angry!Wilson - and the rage has been festering all morning. There're so few instances when the world's nicest guy actually loses it and becomes... er, not nice. Although come to think of it, if anyone's capable of driving Wilson to the edge it's House. It's a testament to the strength of their friendship that even amongst the tumultous ups and downs Wilson is still doing his utmost to keep his buddy safe.

Also love how Cuddy balances everything out. She's a strong woman, able to nurse both the other guys and still make some progress with overcoming House's dislike (or more like abhorrance) of human touch.

Fingers crossed that nothing nasty has happened to House's left leg. Hopefully he's just weakened from his ordeal...

JoeyBug chapter 32 . 2/9/2007
Just read this for a second time, was reading it last night while talking to my boyfriend and wanted to read it again undistracted - though with my carer and her 2 and half year old daughter, I didn't manage it as well as I had hoped.

I wanted to say that again, you have captured the relationship beutifully and I can actually "see" the scenes being played out in my head which for me is the sign of a good writer.

Off to read the final in the trilogy...
Mikhyel chapter 11 . 2/6/2007
...I just read all of the first story, and I'm on chapter 11 of this one... It's 2 AM, but I just can't stop... I will go to sleep. Really. Just one more chapter... (In other words: this story is a little bit like Vicodin: very addictive)
Romulus chapter 32 . 2/3/2007
Oh darnit!

I really, honestly hope you won't be mean and make him completely disabled, with no functional legs!

Excellent story! I enjoyed it as much as one can enjoy a story about pain.
Romulus chapter 31 . 2/3/2007
Wilson was back fast;-)
Romulus chapter 30 . 2/3/2007
Did he just listen to all Wilson said?
586 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »