Reviews for Hell of a Thing
theghettocyborg chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
This so much embodied what I loved about Astonishing. The way everything reflects the team dynamic, at least in part, and the crazyness of being an x-man.
Ivy3 chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
Very short, sad and sweet.
sherridin chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
The last sentence really struck a nerve. Very bittersweet. You've done a fantastic job yet again.
Audrey Lynne chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
Aw...this was heartbreakingly sweet...I loved it!
Madripoor Rose chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
This was a very good missing scene. There's definitely a moment when Scott hopes it's going to be Jean, when Henry reports the dna at the base of Rao's cure. The complete inability of any of them to get past the past isn't something explored much in fanfic.
sleepwalk chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
Wow. Very good. Understated depth. This what I would imagine the conversations with Scott would be like. Its what isn't said because Scott and Kitty know what the other means and that they know that they know it. I love the influx of Kitty/ Piotr stories, but this is the the kind of story we (those who are in "the movement") need now. Kitty OR Piotr being a part of the group and having character added outside the panels.
Kitty Rasputin chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
Wow! when you said Kitty and Scott, I wasn't sure what to think. I'm glad I went on instinct and decided to read it. It's very different, not too melodramatic or anything. Keep up the good work.
Amokitty chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
I enjoyed this story a lot. It makes sense that Kitty would come to Scott to talk about a loved one returning from the "dead". Scott can definitely relate. :)

Unfortunately, every time the name 'Pete' is mentioned, I automatically think of Pete Wisdom. Especially when Kitty says it. Just a tick of mine I guess.

The internal monologues of Scott and Kitty were so in character. And their dialogue was touching and funny. I also liked the mention of the dragonfly. A nod to Endsong or coincidence?

"Enjoy your miracle." Yeah, good things never last do they? This story was a pleasure. Thank you.
Schildkroete chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
Very in-character and great. All the greater for the fact that I don't usually think of Scott and Kitty in one sentence.