Reviews for Deal Me In
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
I'm more sympathetic to Orion, too.
Loved this.
IWLTxo chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Sensational; I quite liked Orion in this, Sirius especially, but the elder Black stood out most to me. This one-shot is bittersweet, and I'm definitely going to favourite it. :)
PsychoBlonde chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
yay, I liked how you described Orion, I've never thought of him as completley evil (just Walburga) and so it was nice to find someone else who has almost the same opinion :)

I really liked the story!

-PsychoBlonde-
Stina Whatever chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
holy terror, never heard that expression before, but i really like it
Annie789 chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Your stories are phenomenal.

I need to go do the stuff I have to do today. I just keep reading though because they are so flipping excellent.

this line in particular got me - "Regulus would have managed to, but while he'd be there he wouldn't be in any condition to stop it." - And yeah, I know it isn't canon anymore, but there was still something about it that just...ripped my heart out.

And I agree with your portrayal of Orion. I often think that Sirius's parents weren't the evil monsters he told Harry they were; that was just his perception of them as a teenager. We all think our parents are evil at 15. I think they were flawed people, and that his mother never could relate to him, but I think they loved him. Kreacher says how Sirius broke his mother's heart and I often wonder if her harsh treatment towards him post-run-away was because of grief. And maybe even before. It crushes parents when their kids say they hate them. And now that I'm feeling utterly terrible for Walburga and Orion, I really am going to go do things and come back later to read more.
CeKhay chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
You developed a soft spot, but for some reason I always had a small soft spot for Orion Black, I think it's mostly because of Walburga, she's always mentioned as a menace and I felt back for Orion having to put up with it. Loved the story!

~CeKay
Sora Issabella Lupin-Black chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
wow...reading this makes me LIKE Orion...very good. i actually almost cried at the thought of him having to cope with all that!
Artemis1000 chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
That's lovely! I really enjoyed it. Sirius and Mr Black reunited through their shared grief for Regulus seems so fitting somehow. I really wanted to slap Cygnus, though *laughs*
ImagingThings chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
Aww... Cygnus's mean! Like the idea of Reggie being one of the people Sirius still respected to a degree!
MabbyAbbyGabby chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
Really, really sweet. I really, really loved it. But then again I love all you stories, you're a really good writer. Honestly you are.
fire and napalm chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
With Walburga as a mother, I don't think Sirius needed much more reason to run away from his family. He can't erase his blood, Sirius can't, anymore than anyone can. And as you pointed out, neither can his parents. It is certainly plausible that his father was nicer than his mother, and he did lose both his children as youths. Younger than they should have been.

Love the coffee comment in conjunction with the heart attacks. That does make sense; with Blacks for family, and a blood traitor son, he's not going to be getting any rest.

Love your writing,

F & N
Marlene McKinnon chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
I love your characterization of the Black family. I like the idea of Sirius and his father actually having a good realationship. Cygnus made me laugh in this...he's mean in a funny way.

Anyway, I love all of your stories and I'm adding this one to my favorites!

Marlene McKinnon
RenieandtheMoo chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
Sure, Orion would worry about his sons. I've always imaagined him as the more loving of Sirius's parents. And I just have to say, I enjoyed the fic. Very nice.
SiriusRulez chapter 1 . 8/5/2007
That was really good!
Duchess Winna chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
I like this fic a lot! I never really thought all that much about Orion Black before, but your fic really made me consider what it must have been like for him, to in a way lose both sons. Wonderfully written.