Reviews for Crossing the Line
shortbandie9 chapter 39 . 10/9/2010
Wow, I really did enjoy this story! The ending was cute too but I think you should have put in a chapter after Julia wins homecoming queen where maybe her and Liberty make up and then everyone congratulates her or something like that. Over all I really loved this story and hey, are you still planning on making a sequel? I really hope you do! I think Julia is too awesome of a character to just end it like that! Well, I hope you do decide to make a sequel but of course its up to you and if you decide not too, I'll live I suppose! D hehe!

shortbandie9 chapter 16 . 10/8/2010
oh girl, what are you talking about? I totally like the end of this chapter! Julia totally owns Liberty I think! I think when she does the whole drum thing at first its like, "BURN" I thought it was so funny!

-shortbandie9 D
shortbandie9 chapter 9 . 10/7/2010
Oh gees, don't worry, It's funny! I'm totally laughing my ass off right now! Anyways, I know this was put up on here a long time ago, but I am only just now reading it and so far I really really really like it! Awesome Job!

-shortbandie9 D
Navienna chapter 39 . 7/20/2008
Another masterpiece added to the collection! I love how you bring in characters from other stories in. i think it would have been cool if Julia actually met Bronwyn. will there be a part two to this story?

BTW I can't find your book ANYWHERE AND I WANT IT NOW!...ahem...sorry.

Keep up the wonderful work!
Luminarae chapter 39 . 2/22/2008
Your all time favorite scene/moment/line of dialogue in this story was…

-There are way too many to list. Particular favorites were: the secret pals thing (I seriously asked my section leader and the guard captain if we could do secret pals for our line. I got laughed at, o'course.
BassClarinetSweetie chapter 39 . 2/9/2008
As someone who has been in band for 11 years now and a mere 2 months ago finished her 7th marching band season (watching my football team lose the national championship. Boo! Then marching as the honor (and lead) band in London's New Year's Parade. Yay!) I loved this story (and all of your stories for that matter). It's great to read stories about all the passion, dedication, and loyalty a marching band kid lives on a daily basis. I also love the mention of the Colts, I know a couple guys who marched for the Colts (a trumpet and a drummer, said drummer having been drum major as well). I love the emotion you put into Julia's thoughts. They make me miss competing (I swear there needs to be some college competitions! lol). I think you got the atmosphere of competitions perfect. There truly is nothing like it.

As far as constructive criticism goes, there are some minor spelling issues and maybe some grammar issues here and there. But nothing some good editing can't fix. Also there are some moments where you seem to forget the plot. I tend to have the same problem, lol. Overall, I think all this story needs to for a good editor to go through it.
DodoWannabe chapter 33 . 2/1/2008
OMG I'm in colorguard and during my first compitition for band I was walking backwards and we had to do this humungo toss where we shot the flag out all the way, and the judge didn't see the flag and I didn't see the judge so it his her in the face. She kind of looked at me all angrily, then walked away. I was so scared because I didn't know about the whole 'don't worry about hitting the judge' thing either. I almost cried.

bandbandx3 chapter 39 . 2/1/2008
Okay... Better late than never right? I finally reread the whole thing start to finish and I feel that I can give an adequate response.

First, I think you're way too hard on yourself. Next to The Line Up, this is my favorite Line book. I like the character, and I liked the break from all the girl guy drama.

My favorite seen: Julia telling off Liberty! I wish someone would bring our head cheerleader down to earth!

What would I change: I'd get rid of the whole McDaniel thing. It was weird that she was in love with him one chapter and then in love with Denny the next. I also think that it should be more apparent sooner that Denny still like football. It was a great plot line; it just started kind of abruptly.

What do I want to see in the next book: it's coming, I promise.

Wow! Two long reviews in less than an hour. That's impressive.
bandbandx3 chapter 32 . 2/1/2008
Okay so when I was rereading this chapter I realized there is a question down here that is totally applicable.

One of our trombone girls (the section leader nonetheless) skipped a local competition (which in all honesty, we don't take very seriously) to go to an OSU football game. She told everyone she was at her uncle’s funeral. The directors found out and she ended up getting kicked out of band two weeks before grand nats. It was bad.

So my director would have not only bench Julia, he would have probably kicked her out of band.

The irony of the situation? It was his first year with us and until then, almost everyone really liked him.
RosieLeah chapter 37 . 1/27/2008
Here's an idea for the mascot stealing. I go to Kamiakin High School and we are The Braves and our campus is complete with a totem pole... that's made out of metal. It used to made out of wood until our rival school's football team chopped it down and spread it all over their campus and to this day students over there are still finding pieces (or so the story goes).
singintoyourself chapter 39 . 1/23/2008
Favorite scene? Julia vs. the judge. Priceless

What I want to see? Some more old faces at competitions, travel (hotel stays and the fun of that), etc.

Anyway, congrats! CTL was a lot of fun to read, although I thought the ending might have been a bit rushed...kinda wish there was more about the dance (prolly just cause I love Denny...). Great job on finishing another book!
Lost in another daydream chapter 37 . 1/22/2008
YAY its WGI!

We've had SCGC and WGI competitions for the past 3 years or so at my school. All band members are required to work at them and even though i had some conflicts with doing any winter activities this year, I'm going to try to join next year either winter drumline or winterguard...not sure yet.

They're so much fun, but a lot of work.

Just sharing some experience. ]
singintoyourself chapter 37 . 1/22/2008
Okay, Liberty offically wins in an evil person contest. She beats Voldemort and Kim Jong Il in a landslide. And that's saying something!

Can't wait for your next chapter-I want to know what Julia does to get out of this! (Typical movie way and crawling through the air vents? ;-)) Update soon, great chapter!
jhewleigh chapter 37 . 1/22/2008
Ugh I hate Liberty more and more as the story goes on. What a jerk! Anyway, here's some mascot ideas for you: the Colts, the eagles, the jaguars, and colonels, I dunno, the rebels? *shrug*
bandbandx3 chapter 37 . 1/22/2008
Um... we're the Elks. I REALLY don't think you want that. But hell, we have not one but two really successful drumlines (our world line was the 2004 world class champions, and our 2005 show is considered to be the best show ever performed by some WGI judges)

Which brings me to my next point.

AH! WGI! The line will be coming to my home town for worlds! (I live right outside of Dayton) If you want any help making worlds seem authentic, just ask. I can tell you everything about the area.

Out of curiosity, how familiar are you with WGI? I believe that there is a rule that says that you must compete on a line that is affiliated with your school. I can't swear to that, but I think that's the case.

Oh my, this was really long. I can't wait for the next chapter! (or the next book for that matter)